eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Success with EIN on PAYPAL lately? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/20617-success-ein-paypal-lately.html)

Gamefreak 07-22-2010 04:33 PM

Success with EIN on PAYPAL lately?

anyone been successful verifying a paypal business account with EIN lately?

Ive called paypal many times today and those stupid ppl dont know anything it seems..

MadSam 07-22-2010 05:26 PM

People have tried, it doesn't work. Has to be SSN or TIN.

GreenBean 07-22-2010 07:20 PM

@madsam, says you or who?

A correctly created paypal account using a correctly created EIN is viable. Dont be putting info around that is inaccurate.

And wth is a TIN? :spy:

jeffweico 07-22-2010 07:31 PM

In the USA, people use the abbreviations EIN and TIN interchangeably.

EIN = Employer Identification Number

TIN = Taxpayer Identification Number

A TIN can be an SSN, EIN or ITIN.

An SSN identifies an INDIVIDUAL

An EIN identifies a BUSINESS

An ITIN is for resident or non-resident non-citizens (and some entities) who are subject to tax.

GreenBean 07-22-2010 07:44 PM

Thanks,jeff. Nice explanation of terms.

Should really drink more coffee before I post, eh?:yar:

slapped 07-22-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 152685)
In the USA, people use the abbreviations EIN and TIN interchangeably.

EIN = Employer Identification Number

TIN = Taxpayer Identification Number

A TIN can be an SSN, EIN or ITIN.

An SSN identifies an INDIVIDUAL

An EIN identifies a BUSINESS

An ITIN is for resident or non-resident non-citizens (and some entities) who are subject to tax.

Dammm Boooooy,,,,Check you out,,,

Nice Going,,,Rock on!!!

rsot 07-22-2010 09:53 PM

/hires jeffweico for next tax season...

MadSam 07-23-2010 08:04 PM

Correction an EIN can only be used on a business paypal account not a personal account. Many US bank accounts also will not accept EIN for a personal account.

MtnDew 07-23-2010 09:41 PM

Im confused...whats a WTH?

but on a serious note...are you saying it has to be a ssn eventually? i know you can create with an ein but eventually is a ssn needed. and if a tin is a ssn then why not use a tin for an ein?

honestly guys...what is posted above is confusing to someone who would have no idea what your talking about. Is to me anyway! ;)

jeffweico 07-23-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogernaut (Post 152889)
Im confused...whats a WTH?

but on a serious note...are you saying it has to be a ssn eventually? i know you can create with an ein but eventually is a ssn needed. and if a tin is a ssn then why not use a tin for an ein?

honestly guys...what is posted above is confusing to someone who would have no idea what your talking about. Is to me anyway! ;)

There is no such thing as a TIN number. That is a catchall term for an SSN, EIN or ITIN. The IRS uses the term TaypayerIdentificationNumber to indicate that you should file under whichever one applies in a given situation.

SSN = Individual
EIN = Business
ITIN = Non-US resident or business

PayPal business accounts use an EIN, but if they investigate an account, they may request the owner's SSN for identity verification purposes. This has not happened to me, but I cannot say that it does not happen.

MtnDew 07-24-2010 12:02 AM

LOL much more understandablibleilbalble!

;) see now me and the slower ones such as myself understand

slapped 07-24-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 152893)
There is no such thing as a TIN number. That is a catchall term for an SSN, EIN or ITIN. The IRS uses the term TaypayerIdentificationNumber to indicate that you should file under whichever one applies in a given situation.

SSN = Individual
EIN = Business
ITIN = Non-US resident or business

PayPal business accounts use an EIN, but if they investigate an account, they may request the owner's SSN for identity verification purposes. This has not happened to me, but I cannot say that it does not happen.

100% Correct, I Have 2 Paypal Business Accounts That are both Several Years Old, and have EIN Numbers Attached to them from The day of Creation. On 1 I was asked to Provide a SSN to lift a Limitation, but Not on the other.

GreenBean 07-24-2010 03:39 AM

@boggernaut wth = what the heck!!! :yar:

GreenBean 07-24-2010 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 152893)

business accounts use an EIN, but if they investigate an account, they may request the owner's SSN for identity verification purposes. This has not happened to me, but I cannot say that it does not happen.

A little narrow. Read what you've said. Consider exactly what an EIN is. Look at the options therein :spy:

Open the eyes,Grasshoppers:spy:

MtnDew 07-24-2010 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 152923)
@boggernaut wth = what the heck!!! :yar:

BOGGernaut was being sarcastic with all the acronyms being used...

sorry gb. but if you read it the way i did....if ein is ssn with a arn and an ipn is a tbn used with...etc.

jeff made it simple for me to understand :doh: which isnt all that easy to do. like your post above...im clueless when it comes to thinking. I have 0.08% grasshopper power:pound:

GreenBean 07-24-2010 04:01 AM

BooHoo, Boogie! You'll get there :yar:

Gamefreak 09-04-2010 01:50 AM

So thats a yes on the EIN.. I have a legit business in CA now but my personal info my name, SSN and last address is blacklisted.

I moved since so the address part is not a big deal I just dont want them to limit me and ask for SSN and I will be doing bout $500 a day with paypal.

I know they lower your fees once you hit 3k a month for a few months so I really dont wanna get limited and have them ask for SSN.

slapped 09-04-2010 10:19 AM

PayPal DOES At Some Point ask for your Social Security Number, It has Happened to BOTH Me and Others here On Business Account's where Paypal already had the EIN Number

Gamefreak 09-04-2010 09:03 PM

So why do they want the SSN when you have an LLC.. wtf is paypals problem.

I called them today after creating a NEW BUSINESS paypal last might. I spoke to this lady named Linda and she said they dont need your SSN their "other ways". I tried to get info but she wouldnt tell me I kept persisting that under no circumstances I would give a NON Financial institution my SSN.

She also said they had accounts that are years old that dont have SSN on them.

jeffweico 09-04-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 163983)
So why do they want the SSN when you have an LLC.. wtf is paypals problem.

I called them today after creating a NEW BUSINESS paypal last might. I spoke to this lady named Linda and she said they dont need your SSN their "other ways". I tried to get info but she wouldnt tell me I kept persisting that under no circumstances I would give a NON Financial institution my SSN.

She also said they had accounts that are years old that dont have SSN on them.

If a business with access to the credit bureaus (or some data brokers, like Accurint) has your name and address, they can get your SSN for 25 cents. Happens all the time.