eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   21 day hold on funds ... solution? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/22021-21-day-hold-funds-solution.html)

cmg 08-26-2010 10:01 AM

21 day hold on funds ... solution?

My new paypal stealth account has the 21 day hold on funds or until positive feedback is recieved. I have heard there is a quick and easy solution to this but no one wants to share.
I am worried lazy ass buyers will simply not bother to leave feedback.

SaiJin 08-26-2010 10:10 AM

The solutions are: SHIP FAST and use tracking.
Put a cookie in your parcel as a little gift to make them happy if you must.

DogFacedBoy 08-26-2010 10:26 AM

Sold an item last night, paid for immediately, no hold on funds.
Sold a couple of the same items about 3 weeks ago and funds were not released until 7 and 10 days after item showed as delivered on USPS site.
Go figure?

cmg 08-26-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saijin (Post 161856)
The solutions are: SHIP FAST and use tracking.
Put a cookie in your parcel as a little gift to make them happy if you must.

What if they dont like my cookies?

rsot 08-26-2010 10:33 AM

And the degressing begins....ha.

Anyhow, DFB - how many DSRs did you have?

cmg 08-26-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 161865)
And the degressing begins....ha.

Anyhow, DFB - how many DSRs did you have?

Sorry for that. Its a new account. Only got 5 feedback so far, 100% pos tho

rsot 08-26-2010 10:48 AM

Ah ok and got through one payment with no hold - good. I am sure it also depends on what you are selling - as other people have noted.

vokonta 08-26-2010 11:01 AM

Payment on hold is random and quite hard to decode. However, it is helpful if you can use royal mail recorded and input tracking otherwise just bear with the 21 day hold cos it will disappear after about 20 DSR.
Ensure you deliver quality items and offer the best customer service. In this way, you would hopefully??? avoid negatives and build up a nice DSR quickly.
From past experience, it seems time is also a factor...i.e. make a note of when they first put ur item on payment hold. From my stats, it should come off no longer that 45 days from the first item that was held. So just keep selling and running down the clock.

Another unproven tip is to use paypal posting system. I say unproven cos i ve tried it and it didnt make a difference but some may disagree

hitch 08-26-2010 11:03 AM

I've been selling on the same ebay and paypal account for over a year now (On my Main account) And occasionally I still get a 21day hold.

The category you sell in makes a big difference. I never sell in consumer electronics.. but a few weeks ago I sold a old laptop and got a 21day hold on it.

vokonta 08-26-2010 11:05 AM

I think it also depends on your country as well and recent risk factors associated with it.
It will be interesting to see if a UK seller with 1 yr account would suffer same experience

pod 08-26-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokonta (Post 161883)
Payment on hold is random and quite hard to decode.

That pretty much sums it up. There are maybe dozens of factors involved. Some big ones would be your track record, item in question, buyers track record, how they paid, etc, etc.

I had an account that only had one 21 day hold on over 2K. Then bang, last payment I got a limit asking for some info. What can you do. If there was a cold hard "do this" believe me, we would all be doing it.

One suggestion I would make is for the first couple months only sell and ship to your own country. This way you can get items delivered fast and hopefully get money released faster. Once you build up whatever trust they need it gets better.

cmg 08-26-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pod (Post 161928)
That pretty much sums it up. There are maybe dozens of factors involved. Some big ones would be your track record, item in question, buyers track record, how they paid, etc, etc.

I had an account that only had one 21 day hold on over 2K. Then bang, last payment I got a limit asking for some info. What can you do. If there was a cold hard "do this" believe me, we would all be doing it.

One suggestion I would make is for the first couple months only sell and ship to your own country. This way you can get items delivered fast and hopefully get money released faster. Once you build up whatever trust they need it gets better.

Thanks for all the info. I have now started selling just UK only ... for now

pod 08-26-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmg (Post 161938)
Thanks for all the info. I have now started selling just UK only ... for now

It will help speed things up. You limit sales, but at least this way the whole turn around is much faster.

DogFacedBoy 08-26-2010 03:00 PM

Sold 2 items on the same day about 3 weeks ago. Both shipped the same day. One was released about 5 days after delivery confirmation, another after about 10 days...
Last night I sold another and funds were available this morning before I even printed shipping for it.
???

boxcutters 08-26-2010 03:05 PM

I have created several accounts since joining this forum

the 21 day comes and it goes, rinse and repeat, on all my accounts

Ive learned to accept it rather then trying to find the magic trick. building feedback, shipping fast, getting good dsrs, prior feedback for same item/category, using paypal for shipping(providing tracking), keeping a lil balance in the paypal account is what I am focusing on!

SaiJin 08-26-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcutters (Post 161984)
I have created several accounts since joining this forum

the 21 day comes and it goes, rinse and repeat, on all my accounts

Ive learned to accept it rather then trying to find the magic trick. building feedback, shipping fast, getting good dsrs, prior feedback for same item/category, using paypal for shipping(providing tracking), keeping a lil balance in the paypal account is what I am focusing on!

Attaboy... *pats head*
Don't forget the cookie.
Listen to the above person who has learned to live with it and just do everything super right.

GreenBean 08-26-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmg (Post 161853)
My new paypal stealth account has the 21 day hold on funds or until positive feedback is recieved. I have heard there is a quick and easy solution to this but no one wants to share.
I am worried lazy ass buyers will simply not bother to leave feedback.

there's part of your problem. That lazy ass buyer is the one going to help you.
EARN their help.
Communicate with the buyer
Pack the item in a professional way
Ship fast
Supply tracking
& Not be a lazy ass yourself.
Naffin quick & easy solutions are for losers. If you want to be in for the long haul, work for it:)

pod 08-26-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 162048)

EARN their help.
Ship fast
Supply tracking
work for it:)

To quote the great Van Wilder: "Write this down"

cmg 08-27-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 162048)
there's part of your problem. That lazy ass buyer is the one going to help you.
EARN their help.
Ship fast
Supply tracking
& Not be a lazy ass yourself.
Naffin quick & easy solutions are for losers. If you want to be in for the long haul, work for it:)

Hey greenbean thats not very nice turning the tables on me!!. What makes you think im a lazy ass? My customers on my old account and so far my new account have given me much credit for my service but there are still those buyers that recieve the goods and then forget or dont bother with feedback. I know how it goes when i have been a buyer myself ....Hmmm maybe i am a Lazy Ass!!!!

GreenBean 08-27-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmg (Post 162151)
Hey greenbean thats not very nice turning the tables on me!!. What makes you think im a lazy ass? My customers on my old account and so far my new account have given me much credit for my service but there are still those buyers that recieve the goods and then forget or dont bother with feedback. I know how it goes when i have been a buyer myself ....Hmmm maybe i am a Lazy Ass!!!!

Not turning tables. Been there myself, Have the T-shirt. Elsewhere I've said it is necessary to 'milk' the buyer to get FB, high DSR's. All of this is a mind-set....you lazy lad you;) :peace:

cmg 08-27-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 162158)
Not turning tables. Been there myself, Have the T-shirt. Elsewhere I've said it is necessary to 'milk' the buyer to get FB, high DSR's. All of this is a mind-set....you lazy lad you;) :peace:

OK OK i have been told .. thanks

rsot 08-27-2010 09:27 AM

Also depends on mode of payment of buyer.

Hate to rehash old idea but...when possible Avoid paypal is best...so many ways - yes not all buyers will "bite" but can't hurt to try - especially for larger payments.

All the best.