doing everything new but need prepareness... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-31-2010
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default doing everything new but need prepareness...

alright im not worried much about ebay i think i can handle them. im worried much more about paypal. well i got a friend thats willing to budge in and help me with sales he said. hes never done ebay or paypal. he is way older over 50 years old

over 50 years old
never done ebay or paypal
has a perfect house address never been used for accounts
new phone number never been used for accounts
new email and new ip never used for accounts

so i got stuff to sell. i can list alot of cheap items since i got alot of that to build feedback and within a few i can start listing what i usually sell. anyways so question is? what should i be worried about? should i be worried about providing invoices and supplier contact info? hes willing to give id, passport, or ssn, since its never been used so i can get by that, but his credit is not good so maybe if they do a credit check they might not budge i hope not... anybody give me light so that im ready.. thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Default registering two accounts.

on ebay it says for registering two ebay accounts:

Registering two accounts

You can register two different accounts. Some members find that having two accounts is a convenient way to organize a large number of items, or to sell different kinds of items. However, keep in mind that:

Both accounts must have different user IDs and different email addresses.

The two accounts can never be used in the same listing.

what does the two accounts can never be used in the same listing mean? this is for a legit account i will be making with a friend. so i could have 2 ebay and 2 paypal or somebody give me clarification. i will be making at least 5 grand per month... i don't want to be limited every freaking day, but i have legit info so i could get by. somebody guide me...
Old 08-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. With regards to limitation, there is NO clear cut method of avoiding - depends on a lot of factors - your sales, your payments, your IP, your shipping - can be random but many formulas involved. I myself am digging into more.

2. You can have multiple ebay accounts tied to one paypal if you set it up correctly. Search the forums - beautiful posts exist about this.

3. both accounts can never be used in same listing means don't copy a listing and have it up under 2 sep accounts ha.

4. "What should I be worried about?" This is a question that we are all dealing with - short answer: everything. Long answer - your business model dictates that.
Old 08-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Actually, PayPal does NOT want ou to have two accounts. eBay allows two accounts.

This makes some sense, as a seller of DVD's may not want his regular customers to see his listing for Adult DVD's.

But if ONE account goes down, they both go down since they are linked.
Old 08-31-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

alright thanks guys/girls.
Old 08-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

WHOAH! There's a bit more you need to be aware of before you commit to this.

1) Seriously consider doing this with a firend. Business & friends do not mix.

2). Running $5000 monhly thro' accounts is not going to fly if you use paypal. Sorry you are kidding yourself if you think just because you have a new squeaky clean ID that paypal will let that work. Too much money too soon and the fact you are going to throw in vErO just because you've built up some feedback means paypal will axe your accounts.
Dont be offended but your idea is not correctly prepared and as such I do not think it will be feasible. No vote from me
Old 08-31-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
WHOAH! There's a bit more you need to be aware of before you commit to this.

1) Seriously consider doing this with a firend. Business & friends do not mix.

2). Running $5000 monhly thro' accounts is not going to fly if you use paypal. Sorry you are kidding yourself if you think just because you have a new squeaky clean ID that paypal will let that work. Too much money too soon and the fact you are going to throw in vErO just because you've built up some feedback means paypal will axe your accounts.
Dont be offended but your idea is not correctly prepared and as such I do not think it will be feasible. No vote from me
What is a good amount of time to wait before hitting 5k a month? I'll be reaching this amount on a single account soon and I'm very worried about getting the chop. The Paypal has a SSN number attached and fully verified with no problems so far. The items are VeRO however they are not policed at all actually, I never received a take down selling this item from the VeRO.

Last edited by jamblix; 08-31-2010 at 10:10 PM.