Letter from Attorney- YBCR? HELP!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Letter from Attorney- YBCR? HELP!!

Hi all,

I am new here and scared out of my mind. I just recently started selling on Ebay and found the wonderful site of Ioffer. I thought WOW! I can make some money by buying wholesale. The ads all said authentic, so I didn't know otherwise. So, I bought some sets of P90X and have sold them on Ebay with no problems. I even have positive feedback. Well, that was going well so I decided to buy "Your baby can read" Well, I bought 2 sets and posted one. The very next day it was taking down by vero saying it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I wrote to them and told them I didn't know it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The told me to send receipts. I left it alone and then began to research about Ioffer and found out most everything there is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I was scared so I decided to stop selling anything other than my used household items. WELL, yesterday I get a lovely email from Johnson and Pham telling me to ceast and decest. (sp?) And that I need to send them $913.25 within 10 days for copyright against "your baby can read"
I am scared out of my mind. I am pregnant with my first baby and I am worrying myself sick over this. I am not so much worried about the "your baby can read" but more worried about the P90X that I previously sold as from what I read the same lawfirm owns copyrights for both. I have read horror stories from people who say they got letters demanding 15,000 for P90X items sold. I just changed my feedback profile to private today but, I'm sure they can still see what I have sold.

Please help!! Any advice is so appreciated.
BTW- I don't plan on selling ever again on Ebay. I don't want the risk of trouble!
Thxs
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Do not respond to the email.

If trouble is coming, you will get a certified letter in the mail.

Johnson & Pham sends many emails and regular letters, but rarely files suit against anyone.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, and the above is not legal advice. If you need legal advice, plese seek the services of a licensed attorney.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
tesuki (09-01-2010)
Old 09-01-2010

Longevity: 80%

on an unrelated note I heard ebay is now putting REALLY low selling limits on these products that J&P represent. I heard this from a friend of mine who was selling them and recentely on all the accounts can only list a very low amount per 30 days

Anyone hear the same?
Old 09-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies.

I have seen many posts about letters from J & P demanding 15K for selling P90X. Does anyone know if they followed through with suit to these people?

Unforunately, I stupidly replied to them yesterday as I was scared out of my mind. I explained to them that I didn't make any money off of them b/c ebay took my listing down and that I bought them from Ioffer not knowing they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. (they have yet to reply)

Since I stupidly replied to them, should I go ahead and contact an attorney?

Thanks!!
Old 09-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcutters View Post
on an unrelated note I heard ebay is now putting REALLY low selling limits on these products that J&P represent. I heard this from a friend of mine who was selling them and recentely on all the accounts can only list a very low amount per 30 days

Anyone hear the same?
The only surprising thing is they did not do this sooner. The last thing eBay wants is to be mentioned in a news story about huge volumes of counterfiets being sold on their site. That would not fit in with their plans to try to be like Amazon.
Old 09-01-2010

topseller

good point. it seems they are always new and it is their 1st post. your theory is very believable
Old 09-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Believe you, me. I am definitely not a troll. But, at this point I wish like heck that I was. I found this site when googling lawsuits for YBCR. I have been worried sick ever since I got the email. I read a few things about going steath but I really think my selling days are completely over! I will just find another part time job. My nerves can't take this kind of stress!

Thanks!!
Old 09-01-2010

you will be fine as Jeff pointed out. very unlikely anything will come of it so rest easy
and if this bothers you that much then maybe going stealth is not for you

BOL on your future endeavors
Old 09-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

PLEASE do not take the advice to go stealth for the purpose of selling counterfeit goods! Selling counterfeits can lead to all sorts of problems.

This forum exists for the purpose of helping people get back on to eBay after being terminated for violating some stupid eBay rule of the week. Not for the purpose of encouraging the sale of counterfeit merchandise.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Blackhorse (09-02-2010)
Old 09-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesuki View Post
Believe you, me. I am definitely not a troll. But, at this point I wish like heck that I was. I found this site when googling lawsuits for YBCR. I have been worried sick ever since I got the email. I read a few things about going steath but I really think my selling days are completely over! I will just find another part time job. My nerves can't take this kind of stress!

Thanks!!

As far as this Case is Concerned Who Cares if you are a Troll,,,,,,

If the Letter asked for $973.00 or whatever it means that they Did not even Purchase a Copy from You, So the FACT is that they DO NOT KNOW if the Item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or NOT,

As we all Know around here when They Do Purchase a Counterfeit Item Directly, they DEMAND $15,000 from You.

The TRUTH IS that Neither Case will ever see the Inside of a Courtroom, for selling a Couple of Lousy Copies of one of their Overpriced Bullsh%t Products.

So in case you are a Troll, F#ck You, we already know The out come Here

And if you are Not, Do Not Worry about a Thing, Just DO NOT Awnser them ANYMORE and give them NO INFORMATION or you will wind up getting yourself into trouble,,,
Old 09-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Oh no! I will never again sell anything that I can not confirm it's authenticity. IF I ever sale again. I def. wasn't thinking of going steath to be able to sell counterfit.
This has taught me a very good lesson!

Thanks all who replied!
Old 09-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Troll for sure
Old 09-02-2010

Quote:

Thanks!!
Never said you where a troll. Said it is funny how all the newbs are posting these Johnson and Phram stories. Almost like it was them posting to scare away sellers of that baby can read crap. Just do a search and you will see the common advise is to ignore it and stop selling on the current account.

Last edited by SaiJin; 09-02-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: USE YOUR HEAD before posting a reply.
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Ignore all correspondence with any company asking for money. Do NOT sell these items anymore, leave the account alone when it comes to selling counterfeits in the future. Don't provide them with any information.
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Most of the time the first letter from the VERO company's legal dept. is WARNING telling you to discontinue selling these items. I suggest you stop and move on to something else. I have received them in the past, but my accounts are stealth.
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Sigh - so much repetition.

First welcome to the forum tesuki - you are getting advice from top people here.

I am just tired of so much response to the YBCR...ha but props to forum for continued calming down of the scared masses.

Hope you search around the forums and contribute tesuki - ebay and amazon are profitable so don't be scared.
Old 09-04-2010

Quote:
Hi all,

I am new here and scared out of my mind. I just recently started selling on Ebay and found the wonderful site of Ioffer. I thought WOW! I can make some money by buying wholesale. The ads all said authentic, so I didn't know otherwise. So, I bought some sets of P90X and have sold them on Ebay with no problems. I even have positive feedback. Well, that was going well so I decided to buy "Your baby can read" Well, I bought 2 sets and posted one. The very next day it was taking down by vero saying it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I wrote to them and told them I didn't know it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. The told me to send receipts. I left it alone and then began to research about Ioffer and found out most everything there is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I was scared so I decided to stop selling anything other than my used household items. WELL, yesterday I get a lovely email from Johnson and Pham telling me to ceast and decest. (sp?) And that I need to send them $913.25 within 10 days for copyright against "your baby can read"
I am scared out of my mind. I am pregnant with my first baby and I am worrying myself sick over this. I am not so much worried about the "your baby can read" but more worried about the P90X that I previously sold as from what I read the same lawfirm owns copyrights for both. I have read horror stories from people who say they got letters demanding 15,000 for P90X items sold. I just changed my feedback profile to private today but, I'm sure they can still see what I have sold.

Please help!! Any advice is so appreciated.
BTW- I don't plan on selling ever again on Ebay. I don't want the risk of trouble!
Thxs
Yeah don't respond to any emails or letters. Just claim ignorance and your fine.....ignorance is bliss
Old 09-04-2010

Longevity: 82%

There should be a Your Baby Can Read, P90X, Rosetta Stone sticky.

-Albert Einstein
Old 09-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

also insanity,zumba and one on one.Do not sell them on ebay ,otherwise you will get troubles.