eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Authorize.net Integration with eBay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/22530-authorize-net-integration-ebay.html)

Killed by Ebay 09-11-2010 10:36 AM

Authorize.net Integration with eBay

I see that you can now integrate Authorize.net directly to ebay without having to use auctiva.

Does this mean authorize.net shares info with ebay? or should we assume so?

bansheezone 09-20-2010 07:40 PM

nope, they just get your api and key which you can change as many times as you want.

Nephilim 09-20-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay (Post 165424)
I see that you can now integrate Authorize.net directly to ebay without having to use auctiva.

Does this mean authorize.net shares info with ebay? or should we assume so?

Have you got it to work? It keeps giving me an error and saying to refresh the page.

Killed by Ebay 09-20-2010 11:46 PM

not yet, im building up a new account, once i get a good amount of feedback then i will switch over to it.

IDK 09-21-2010 12:13 AM

I say anything related to this should go in subscribers... The noobs are gonna ruin it for everyone once they get wind of this.

bansheezone 09-22-2010 08:39 PM

:noidea: still coming up with an error, I was told by authorize.net its on ebays end and should be fixed soon.

ebaykilla 10-01-2010 03:18 PM

i am having trouble too...ebay needs to fix this asap

First Edition 10-01-2010 04:35 PM

does the info on authorize.net have to match ebay?

can you generate a new api key for different ebay accounts?

IDK 10-01-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 170672)
does the info on authorize.net have to match ebay?

can you generate a new api key for different ebay accounts?

No
Yes

Grrrr!!! It's not working. What's the deal? Do you have to have your merchant approved while using the auctiva method? someone shoot me a pm if you can. I'm new to working with merchant accounts and I am> :ballchain: going nowhere fast!!

Nephilim 10-01-2010 07:18 PM

Don't think you can use auctiva. When I tried using the auctiva checkout, it said ebay disabled it since it is not allowed by them.:pout:

bansheezone 10-02-2010 09:34 PM

Authorize.net with auctiva checkout is going to work till next june, they willl rule out 3rd party checkouts by then. As of now when I try to hook it up on ebay its still in error. When I ask Authorize.net whats up they tell me its on ebays end :help: It should be fixed eventually as they are offering it.

Also you can get a new API by calling up authorize.net, and you can generate a key anytime in your account settings. All they need is to have you put in your API, Key, and add a 1.00 charge to a valid credit card so they check check and confirm the gateway is working, they do not get the account details otherwise they would want your merchants account info.

IDK 10-03-2010 03:43 PM

Maybe someone can chime in, but I have it on good authority that those who are getting the error when trying to setup authorized.net are getting it because your ebay account needs to already be approved to accept merchant credit cards! :tears::tears::tears:

bansheezone 10-03-2010 06:04 PM

you dont need any approval to use a merchants account with ebay, simply pick and choose which payment processor you use, Payflow works with no problem so does the other option, its Authorize.net that is having an issue.

Here are some attachments straight from ebay regarding merchant accounts:

If you would like to accept credit cards in eBay checkout, you'll need to have an Internet merchant account, and an account at one of checkout's supported payment gateways.

Note: Before opening a new Internet merchant account to accept credit cards through eBay checkout, take a look at all payment options. Unless you sell at high volume, the transaction fees charged by your merchant bank may be higher than what you'd pay for the other online payment methods.

If you want to be able to accept credit card payments from buyers through eBay checkout, you'll need to have both an Internet merchant account and a payment gateway account.

A payment gateway is a service that sends credit card transactions to the credit card payment networks for processing. When you accept credit cards through eBay checkout, eBay checkout will submit your transaction to your selected payment gateway for routing to the credit card payment networks.

Here's a step-by-step example of how it works:
A buyer purchases an eBay item and enters a credit card number in eBay checkout.

Details about the purchase are sent by eBay checkout to the payment gateway for processing.

The payment gateway forwards transaction information to seller's bank.

The seller's bank forwards transaction information to the bank that issued the buyer's credit card to authorize the transaction.

The bank that issued the buyer's credit card either approves or denies the transaction and sends that information back to the seller's bank.

If the transaction is approved, the bank will deposit funds on a merchant's account at a scheduled time.

The payment gateway sends transaction details and response back to eBay.

eBay lets the buyer know if the transaction was approved or denied

Setting up a payment gateway for your Internet merchant account
If you already accept credit and debit cards through an Internet merchant account, you can use checkout to accept these types of payments once you provide us with your payment gateway account information.

To set up your payment gateway on eBay checkout:
Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.

Place your pointer over the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences.

In the Selling Preferences section, click the Show link next to Payment from buyers.

Click the Edit link.

On the Payment Preferences page, select Accept credit or debit card payments to your Internet merchant account.

Next, you'll need to enter your payment gateway information.

Note: If you need help finding any of this information, please contact your payment gateway provider.

To enter your payment gateway information:
Choose your payment gateway provider from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.

Enter your Merchant login (sometimes called "gateway login" or "API login ID"). This is the ID that identifies your account at the gateway for transaction processing.

Note: This ID is usually different from the user ID you use to log into your gateway's website.

Enter your Password (sometimes called the "password" or "transaction key").

Note: Usually, this is a password that was generated by the payment gateway for you, not a password that you created.

Depending on the payment gateway you use, you may need to enter a Vendor ID or User ID.

Depending on the payment gateway you use, you may need to enter a Partner ID.

Select the credit cards you'll accept through this payment gateway.

Select your merchant preferences, such as whether you'll require buyer's credit cards to pass Address Verification (AVS) and Card Security Code (CSX/CVV) checks.

Enter the credit card information for a credit card you accept and that's accepted by your gateway. Note: Your credit card won't be charged. We use this information to test that everything works correctly.

Review your information and confirm it is correct.

Click the Submit button.

Once you have your payment gateway account information setup with checkout and enabled in your preferences, buyers have the option of paying you online by credit card.

The fine print
Existing Payflow payment gateway accounts can't be used for eBay transactions. To accept credit or debit card payments on eBay, you need to set up an additional Payflow account for eBay sales.

The Payflow gateway service is free for eBay sellers, although your usual merchant credit card transaction fees still apply.

When your Payflow payment gateway account is set up, your payment preferences show up in any new listings you create, but not in any of your existing listings or listing templates. You can update this information by revising your listings.

Payflow is governed by PayPal's user agreement and privacy policies, but isn't linked with your PayPal account. You don't need to have a PayPal account to use Payflow on eBay.

Merchant credit card

How does it work? Sellers can accept credit card payments to their Internet merchant account directly through eBay checkout by providing their payment gateway account information. This is a free service for eBay sellers. Buyers pay immediately using the Pay Now button. Payments are securely and instantly processed online from eBay checkout through your payment gateway. Sellers receive an email telling them they've been paid and they know they can ship the item.
Do I need to register? Yes, you need an Internet merchant account with your bank or credit card processing company, and you need a payment gateway account.
Do I pay a fee? eBay checkout does not charge any fees. However, your bank or merchant credit card processor and payment gateway provider may charge you per-transaction fee or other fees, and a percentage of the total amount charged by the buyer.
Depending on your credit card processing agreement and your monthly transaction volume, Internet merchant account fees may be higher than fees for PayPal, ProPay, Moneybookers, and Paymate. If you don't have an Internet merchant credit card account already, take a look at your options before signing up for this service. If you haven't needed a merchant account up to now, you'll probably pay less per transaction by using one of the other payment options.
Does the buyer have to register? No, buyers can use their credit card as they would at any online or offline store.
Does the buyer pay a fee? No.
How soon am I paid? Your merchant account is credited immediately after the buyer's card information is received and processed.
Is there seller protection? Yes. eBay Buyer Protection protects sellers when tracking information shows an item has been delivered, or sellers show an item was properly described. Learn more about what eBay Buyer Protection means to sellers.
Is there buyer protection? Yes, eBay Buyer Protection covers the purchase price plus original shipping if the buyer doesn't receive the item or the item doesn't match the seller's description. Also, buyers may have protection through their credit card company.
Does this method require eBay checkout? Yes.
Is there help if I have a transaction problem? Yes, through the eBay Resolution Center. Learn more about what to do when a buyer doesn't pay.

Payment upon pickup

How does it work? Your buyer pays you when they pick up the item.
Do I need to register? No.
Do I pay a fee? No.
Does the buyer have to register? No.
Does the buyer pay a fee? No.
How soon am I paid? Immediately. In-person payment methods can include checks, money orders, cash, PayPal, or credit card. In your listing, be clear about which of these payment methods you'll accept.
Most sellers don't accept checks or money orders, because if they don't clear after the buyer has picked up the item, the seller has fewer options for resolving the problem. See our accepted payments policy.

Is there seller protection? Yes. eBay Buyer Protection protects sellers when they show an item was properly described and the item was purchased with an eligible payment method. Learn more about what eBay Buyer Protection means to sellers.
Is there buyer protection? Yes. eBay Buyer Protection covers the purchase price plus original shipping if the item doesn't match the seller's description. Buyers need to pay with an eligible payment method. Cash, checks, and money orders are not covered by eBay Buyer Protection.
Does this method require eBay checkout? No.
Is there help if I have a transaction problem? Yes, through the eBay Resolution Center. Learn more about what to do when a buyer doesn't pay.

Blah blah blah...... you get the point. Back in the day you needed to fax your merchants account info and a statement that was after 11/07.

For more info google Authorize.net ebay checkout under news search.

bansheezone 10-07-2010 11:02 PM

Anyone get authorize.net working, right now I got it hooked up but buyers are getting charged 1.00 and then the full amount as a second charge, some cant even get the cards to authorize the charge as I am seeing alot of declines. No one else is playing with Authorize.net and ebay checkout since auctiva is dead?

First Edition 10-07-2010 11:06 PM

That's probably a temp authorization, 1.00 should be refunded soon

bansheezone 10-08-2010 11:15 AM

Whatever those 1.00 charges are I never seen that before till I intergrated with ebay. Anyway I was on hold with live help for 3 hrs and actually received real help and was told to alter my AVS settings so I am now waiting for a sale and payment hopefully this has been figured out.

First Edition 10-08-2010 12:12 PM

live help with authorize.net? they are always very helpful... maybe you had your settings turned up to tight?

bansheezone 10-08-2010 12:25 PM

I was waiting for like 3 hours on ebays live help to get them to tell me its Authorize.net and I had to change some AVS settings which did nothing buyers keep making attempts to pay and are getting charged 1.00 lol

First Edition 10-08-2010 12:30 PM

obviously thats the temp authorization (IMO).... do you know if it's getting refunded?

bansheezone 10-08-2010 01:53 PM

those 1.00 tickets pend for capture lol. I have to void them out, Authorize.net said everything is find and its with ebay which we know is always how it is. The account I was using just got suspended maybe they got my info and using authorize.net is now a dead also, but whats wierd is all the get is Login and key.