eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   SSN and paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/22716-ssn-paypal.html)

romeo216 09-15-2010 10:38 PM

SSN and paypal

I know this has been asked numerous times. I've read the forum. I can not find any help.

My account was limited today. Paypal is asking for my ssn, supplier info and invoices. I don't have invoices so what I did was take pics of my inventory. If they still require invoices then I'll try to come up with something. I don't really know what to give them as for supplier info. These are vero items that are imported from China. The real hurdle is with the ssn...Is there anyway to get around that? any way at all?

SaiJin 09-15-2010 10:39 PM

I'm quite sure this topic has been covered, but to make a long story short..

No... no way around it. That acc is done for.

First Edition 09-15-2010 11:13 PM

yes, the way around it is to prepare for when it happens, and always keep a back up account ready

hpcpqcsco 09-16-2010 08:02 PM

Forget that account and don't give them your SSN
Quote:

Originally Posted by romeo216 (Post 166549)
I know this has been asked numerous times. I've read the forum. I can not find any help.

My account was limited today. Paypal is asking for my ssn, supplier info and invoices. I don't have invoices so what I did was take pics of my inventory. If they still require invoices then I'll try to come up with something. I don't really know what to give them as for supplier info. These are vero items that are imported from China. The real hurdle is with the ssn...Is there anyway to get around that? any way at all?

helpmeplease 09-17-2010 07:43 AM

I went through the same situation with a new PayPal account in April. This is what I did to get the Limited status removed.

1) Always add the tracking number of orders-this will make you seem less risky
2) Register your PayPal account as a Business account-if you are a business account you will avoid having to provide a SSN but you will have to provide a EIN
3) You can get a EIN instantly on irs.gov and look for form SS-4
4) supply invoices for products and if you do not invoices, receipts will work

PayPal will email a form for using the EIN if you ask. They will not provide the EIN option unless you call. PayPal will try to trick a business into giving a SSN by asking you to open a Money Market. The trick is located at the bootom of the EIN form. Avoid this option and cross this out on any paperwork that they send to you. If you escape this trap, then the next seemingly innocent trap will be the PayPal Debit Card. In the past, you could get the debit without providing SSN and you could request the card in any name. Now they require a SSN for the debit so refuse.

aking 09-17-2010 10:02 AM

Time to move on to the next account.

lyl797 09-30-2010 01:11 AM

Hi, Helpmeplease

If I want to go thru the EIN route as you took, do I need to apply a new EIN from irs.gov ? or I can use my existing EIN ? However, I already have my existing EIN attach to one of my Paypal business account though, can I still use the same EIN ?

jeffweico 09-30-2010 01:14 AM

If you give them an EIN that is already in their system, the accounts will be linked. Get a new one.