Paypal limited, rx1059, how did this happen?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Exclamation Paypal limited, rx1059, how did this happen??

I'm wondering how did a new PP account that I created a few days ago get linked with an old account from 2005??

I was sent an RX1059 letter, I just called PP, they are putting it in as a fraud claim, I told them I don't know who the person is but it IS me.

I created a new account with new IP address, new email, new phone number, new name & same address as some previous PP accounts but I put it in differently like the Stealth Book said to do. I even spelled my last name differently & I gave a nickname for my first name.
BUT the account I'm attached to is my OLD address in a different STATE! How did they connect me? There are NO connections at all to this 2005 account with my new account!

They are investigating it & I'm hoping will reinstate my account so I don't have to try to create ANOTHER one! I have had so many that I have lost. I do owe money on the old one though that they linked, don't know how much exactly, think it was old Ebay fees?

Please help, thanks in advance.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 92%

BUT the account I'm attached to is my OLD address in a different STATE! How did they connect me?

Im thinking this may have done it..
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

That's what I was thinking but different name & everything else?
The name I am using on my PP account I have never, ever used before, so, I basically don't exist. He said it was probably an error, these things happen, etc.

Do I have a chance at reinstatement?

Should I open a new PP account with a family member's name & address? Only problem is, no one will want to do it, I will have to do it without them knowing.
Plus, I shop online so I need my real address to get my packages & a lot of people don't want to ship to P.O. Box if I got one.
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

What tracking system are they using now on PP???
Old 09-21-2010

Longevity: 92%

You need to change everything, any links will get you.

They use web beacons to track you so they know where you have been

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel

Clean your flash cookies before you register and change all your detals

Last edited by kirkie; 09-21-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

Is that all they are using?
I did all of that.
I figured I would have been connected to a newer PP account NOT a 5 year old account. How did they get me?
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

Does anyone know how I could have been caught? Do they have new ways of tracking people now? They use public records correct?
Old 09-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

They use whatever means available - if it's out there, assume they use it.

You are subscribed so why don't you use the stealth guide and go completely stealth?

Family name and address is dicey situation but...if all you're doing is buying, sure that would work.

Read around the forum and get rid of all old stuff - IP, browser, etc - make new user accounts...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

Thank you, I appreciate all of your help.
I did follow the stealth guide but didn't bother using the new computer ID I set up because everything else was completely brand new, can that be the only way that they caught me?
The account I'm linked to is an account with completely different information, IP, cookies, etc.
I haven't even logged into that account in 5 years. This is really odd to me?
I'm thinking I will have to start all over again, change my IP again & do it all over again now, ugh.
I eventually would like to sell again on Ebay but right now I do sell some of my handbags & clothes on a group I belong to. I did receive only one payment in this new account since it is a week old & it was sent as a gift. I usually get payments sent as a gift to save on fees since I give good deals on my handbags & clothes.
I do like to shop also, I will find some items only on Ebay that I am looking for so I do need Paypal & I need the name & address to somehow match so items can come to me.
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

So, they apparently denied my claim, I just called them, they say I owe $432.00 to this old account that I had opened up in 2004, like I said, I believe they are Ebay fees, not really sure?
If this balance is paid off, will they reinstate my new account OR should I just go ahead & try to create a new stealth account & not bother with this new Paypal account?
Please help!! Thanks
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

I still can accept payments so If I sell some items to cover the $432.00, can they take it from my balance to pay the old account & reinstate my new account & old account from 2004?
Old 09-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

They will take the money from the new account, put it to the old account AND leave both accounts closed.

Result: paypal 1 BSL1229 -432

Please learn quickly, paypal are unfair. They want to win, they dont want you to win

Ideally, when a user goes stealth, they should never use any info that has been associated with a suspended account. Even if they now reside in a different state, when paypal want to link accounts they do.
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

Hi Green, thanks so much.
I figured as much, they would take the payment & keep both accounts closed but wanted to make sure. Why don't they reinstate accounts if they are paid off though?
I just ordered a new Walmart Money Card in my real name, you can use that for a new PP account though right? They don't check name correct?
I don't know what name to use for this new PP account that I want to create, any suggestions? Random name OR family?
Old 09-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL1229 View Post
I'm wondering how did a new PP account that I created a few days ago get linked with an old account from 2005??

I was sent an RX1059 letter, I just called PP, they are putting it in as a fraud claim, I told them I don't know who the person is but it IS me.

I created a new account with new IP address, new email, new phone number, new name & same address as some previous PP accounts but I put it in differently like the Stealth Book said to do. I even spelled my last name differently & I gave a nickname for my first name.
BUT the account I'm attached to is my OLD address in a different STATE! How did they connect me? There are NO connections at all to this 2005 account with my new account!

They are investigating it & I'm hoping will reinstate my account so I don't have to try to create ANOTHER one! I have had so many that I have lost. I do owe money on the old one though that they linked, don't know how much exactly, think it was old Ebay fees?

Please help, thanks in advance.

Been thinking about this type of suspension from paypal. It's one that is done by a human.....they have found enough info to assume you have some relationship to that old account. Sounds far fetched to outsiders but that's their methods. Are you selling/buying the same items as you did? That's a link factor too. Seriously start thinking of making a new account.
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

So, within a few days, a live person found out? Seriously???
I sell handbags & clothing on my online group plus I also buy but I have been having them send me payments as a gift so it doesn't look like a sale & helps me with fees.
I'm still going nuts trying to figure out how they got me, the names are completely different, address, everything! This is nuts!
I'm thinking Public Records?
Maybe they are checking Public Records now on PP for new accounts???!!!
Old 09-21-2010
Trimptop

Oh and I sold a handbag for $175.00 a week ago, THANK GOD, I transferred the money out on Sunday, I was going to leave it there to spend but decided to get it out, sure enough, the next Morning, I'm limited! Did the transfer trigger it?
My account was fine for a few days while the money sat in there.

That was the ONLY money I had come in & go out on that account, it's only a week old.

I will definitely create a new account but will be buying & selling the same things, clothing & handbags. I will try to get people to send as gifts though.

Maybe it's better to leave the money in there & just use it & not transfer?

Last edited by Trimptop; 09-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
djrikstar (12-07-2010)