anyone recieve this email from paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-15-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default anyone recieve this email from paypal

hi guys,

just starting selling on my new stealth account, after first payment rec'd this lovely email from paypal, has anyone else gotten this and is this going to be the new thing!!! not only that my stealth is made up in #### name :(

should i start preparing the documents from now?

email rec'd

Congratulations on making your first transaction with PayPal. It’s great to have you onboard. Now that you are up and running, we wanted to provide you with important information about our authentication process so that your account runs smoothly.
PayPal is dedicated to maintaining online security of the highest levels and as part of PayPal’s commitment to enforcing Anti-Money Laundering laws, this process ensures the safety of all PayPal members.

PayPal’s authentication process is similar to the “identity check” you go through when you open a bank account.
WHAT HAPPENS?
We will need to authenticate your PayPal account when it reaches $1000, however we will check your details electronically before you reach this limit and usually, you won’t need to do anything extra. However, if we can’t authenticate your information electronically, we’ll contact you to ask for documents to support your registration OR, to update your details.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
To avoid any unnecessary limitations or interruptions on your account, here’s how you can get ready for authentication:
Review the documents you will need to verify your identity – click here for a complete list

Check that your details, such as you name and address are correct in your account profile and they match your proof of identity documents

If you have a business account please ensure you’ve provided a residential address for the account holder
You can check or update your registration details at anytime. Simply login to the PayPal website and select ‘Profile&#8217.

Read more about PayPal’s authentication process here.

If you have any questions about your account or any other enquiries, please call our customer care team on 1800 073 263.

Thanks again for joining PayPal.

WTF!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I have not seen this before
Old 10-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

Wow... Very interesting!
Old 10-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Wow is right.

When you click "Review the documents you will need to verify your identity – click here for a complete list" whats on the list?
Old 10-15-2010

Documents will be, DL or Passport or Birth Cert.
Plus one to verify your address, such as a utility bill. That's what they wanted from me.

At least they are giving you a warning as to what they will want so you can start preparing the documents now.
Or, don't go over the limit.
Old 10-15-2010
Threadstarter  

the list has the usual birth cert, drivers lic, utility bills and so on, this is for Australia so i don't know how it affects other countries, what's the advice out there on what to do, so much for opening a whole lot of stealth accounts - not happy Jan!!!
Old 10-15-2010
Threadstarter  

yes but is it $1000 in the account or total of $1000 sales, if $1000 in the account will be withdrawing the money out!
Old 10-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Well, these are things they ask for after a limitation, so its a preemptive strike. If you are handy with the documents this may not really be a bad thing. It gets it out of the way instead of having it hang over you. In theory you can know the docs passed inspection before getting too much time and money into account.

If they dont ask for Social Security numbers or whatever they are called in Aus, this can maybe be ok. Here they dont ask for Security numbers, just the docs on your list.

What do you do if an account gets limited and they ask for these docs? Do you make them or do you let the account hold for 180? If you let the account stay limited then this is a big hurdle for sure. But if you work to get passed the limitation normally, this helps to get it out of the way. Guess its good or bad depending on how you normally handle the doc requests when they pop up.
Old 10-15-2010
Threadstarter  

my problem is that this account is @@@@ stealth, i can handle creative id for utility bills ets, but the other form of id like birth cert DL etc, i have problems with.

with australian account no Social Security numbers, so i guess thats ok!
Old 10-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

I wonder what they want from US sellers.. SSN, perhaps?
Looks like it's time to make some non-US accounts
Old 10-15-2010
Threadstarter  

damm, as my sister said they are 'treating us like criminals', all we want to do is sell on ebay, why so hard!!!
Old 10-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieposie View Post
my problem is that this account is @@@@ stealth, i can handle creative id for utility bills ets, but the other form of id like birth cert DL etc, i have problems with.

with australian account no Social Security numbers, so i guess thats ok!
Well, its good you dont have to supply numbers. But it may be time to get creative. I would like to see this here to be honest. Having accounts pre approved would be nice. Wont make them bulletproof, but certainly gets it out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
I wonder what they want from US sellers.. SSN, perhaps?
Now on the other hand, they start doing this to the US folks out of the gate and its going to be really tough :(

I suspect "virtual world traveler" for lack of a better phrase is going to be needed to be added to the tool kit to do this thing effectively pretty soon...

Quote:
damm, as my sister said they are 'treating us like criminals', all we want to do is sell on ebay, why so hard!!!
Sadly, there are many folks out there that use the system to be criminals. Makes it extra hard for those of us that just wanna sell and be happy...

Last edited by TGMT²; 10-15-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2010
Threadstarter  

would like to know if there is anyone on this forum who knows about creative id for australian users might as well start getting prepared

quickly what do they also mean about verifiying you electronically???
Old 10-21-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
would like to know if there is anyone on this forum who knows about creative id for australian users might as well start getting prepared

quickly what do they also mean about verifiying you electronically???
I would very much want some info on this very subject as well. Made a stealth a/c about a month ago ans started selling on it after a week despite knowing better than that. Got about $500 in the paypal a/c now and am too scared to withdraw money lest they ask for verifiation, or even ring you cause I only put a foo foo phone number too. Was my stealth a/c as a defense. Any Aussie here who could guide us in the dark? Would be forever thankful...

Cheers
Old 10-21-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

*Was my FIRST stealth a/c, I meant to say. Woops
Old 10-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by down View Post
I would very much want some info on this very subject as well. Made a stealth a/c about a month ago ans started selling on it after a week despite knowing better than that. Got about $500 in the paypal a/c now and am too scared to withdraw money lest they ask for verifiation, or even ring you cause I only put a foo foo phone number too. Was my stealth a/c as a defense. Any Aussie here who could guide us in the dark? Would be forever thankful...

Cheers
It's always best to have a real phone #, mobile or voip is a good way to go. And if you lose that account, just get a new sim card or another voip #.

I don't know if it's advisable to change your registered phone number now though, might flag you?

As for the $500, if it were me, I'd take about $300 out and wait a week or so and go for the rest. Maybe leave a bit in there, like $50.
They ask for verification once you reach $1000
The Following User Says Thank You to stillconfused For This Useful Post:
down (10-22-2010)
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Quote:
yes but is it $1000 in the account or total of $1000 sales, if $1000 in the account will be withdrawing the money out!
Probably 1K GOING THROUGH your account, not THRESHOLD.
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
hi guys,

?

email rec'd

Congratulations on making your first transaction with PayPal. It’s great to have you onboard. Now that you are up and running, we wanted to provide you with important information about our authentication process so that your account runs smoothly.
PayPal is dedicated to maintaining online security of the highest levels and as part of PayPal’s commitment to enforcing Anti-Money Laundering laws, this process ensures the safety of all PayPal members.

PayPal’s authentication process is similar to the “identity check” you go through when you open a bank account.
WHAT HAPPENS?
We will need to authenticate your PayPal account when it reaches $1000, however we will check your details electronically before you reach this limit and usually, you won’t need to do anything extra. However, if we can’t authenticate your information electronically, we’ll contact you to ask for documents to support your registration OR, to update your details.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Thanks again for joining PayPal.

WTF!!!
The answers are there underlined. 98% of the time having a fully verified paypal account, operating that OK will be enough. That will depend on how much you push thro' the account. ( eg in the UK, they chase at £500,£1700). Touch wood, OZ is not being as strict. If you've made the account as stealth, with an accessible address then that's to your advantage. In other words you are going to be there if any checks are made.
For the list, when they ask for documents, we supply them Keep an active phone, accessible address and bring little attention to the account. It's very doable
rdarwan (12-21-2010)