...help!!... Can the buyer of my DREAMS become a NIGHTMARE ?.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Question ...help!!... Can the buyer of my DREAMS become a NIGHTMARE ?....

I have found the buyer of my dreams.. (However its becoming a nightmare in my paranoid mind)

Why? OK the guy started 6 months ago to buy from me basically ANY crap that I show to him.
Started with 1 or 2 ebay purchases and since then we deal directly through paypal and no more ebay,
and he kept a steady flow of high$ purchases. He rarely ask for discounts which sounds strange to me.
His favorite phrase is "I TAKE ALL. DO YOU HAVE MORE?"... These are collectibles. And sometimes I ask the guy
even 2x higher values. He is not a strict collector in the way that he often receives unperfect stuff and never is too hard about an item condition like other collectors of 10$ junk have the nerve to be. He always buys near or over 1K of merchandise. I think god blessed me with this guy....

But then after the feeling of joy for the sale it invades me a "Too good to be true" feeling,
like if something is not right...

OK my basic fear is "what if this guy just keeps buying stuff and suddenlty one day BANG issues a reversal
through paypal like Transaction Not authorized, which Ive been told it can be issued even after 6 months..

So what I have is tracking #s to his country and email conversation showing he is happy with what he gets.

Are my fears unrealistic? What other measures can I take to make sure in the event of a reversal I am 100% covered?

He always mention he has to transfer the $ from his bank and asks for a couple of days. So probably its good that this
is not CC funded, right?.

Please help me feel better !
thanksss
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachufleta View Post
Are my fears unrealistic?
Maybe. You have his name, address, email, ect. Do some research and see if this all matches. Search his name on google. His email too. Check facebook. Check a reverse phone number

If all the info pops up and matches you should be fine. Even though chargebacks and all that fun are easy, a real person doesnt have car blanch to commit fraud. One chargeback is one thing, but dozens would be clear fraud.

But in any case, if all the info you have pops up easily with some simple digging you are probably ok. My guess, is he is reselling everything himself for a nice profit. Maybe a flee-market or locally. Who knows
Old 10-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Just be cautious I guess I've had guys who were my favs buying a lot and then they file claims, not anything new.
Old 10-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Many times, foreign buyers will purchase goods for resale in their own country, where the prices are higher. Usually, they have clients that are well-off and interested in the type of items you are selling. These are good buyers to have.

But you are right to be cautious. We all know that scam artists are out there as well. I wish I knew of a foolproof way to weed them out, but I don't think there is one.