eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   ebay stealth question - is it expensive to start from scratch? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/24448-ebay-stealth-question-expensive-start-scratch.html)

aurilus 11-02-2010 03:27 PM

ebay stealth question - is it expensive to start from scratch?

Hi all,

i am looking at starting from scratch.

I am only on a mobile dongle for my ip which has been banned ...

My question is .. is it expensive to start from scratch?
roughly how much will i need to fork out to get a brand new ebay stealth account up and running?

please summarise eg:

new connection (for new ip): £ ??
(cheapest possible please! please note i live in a block of flats and am unable to get a connection put in, so dongle is only way?)
ebay stealth guide: £25
prepaid credit card: £ ??

Thanks guys

rsot 11-02-2010 03:32 PM

I can't really break it down for you dollar-wise since everything can be found for cheap but I would set aside about 50 start up costs - not including the cost of IP and (if) your bank account costs (I say if because you can get a free checking) since that varies.

aurilus 11-02-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 178948)
I can't really break it down for you dollar-wise since everything can be found for cheap but I would set aside about 50 start up costs - not including the cost of IP and (if) your bank account costs (I say if because you can get a free checking) since that varies.

as i am from the UK, would just using a standard bank (current) account be okay, or would i need a prepaid card or a credit card?
With regards to the IP, what options do i have aside from a USB dongle (remembering that i live in a block of flats so can't have a connection put in).

Thanks for your help

robsut 11-02-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aurilus (Post 178952)
as i am from the UK, would just using a standard bank (current) account be okay, or would i need a prepaid card or a credit card?
With regards to the IP, what options do i have aside from a USB dongle (remembering that i live in a block of flats so can't have a connection put in).

Thanks for your help

do you not have a telephone line, if not it costs about £99 to have one put in then go on aol, you could also try virgin media, if its in your area its free and just costs £10 per month line rental, then every time you et booted just change your number, i have both bt and virgin, bt normal number plus internet, virgin ebay/amazon, at least if that one rings i no its gona be ebay or paypal,every time you disconnect from the internet with your router with aol you get a new ip address, also buy the amazon stealth book, i did it has a lot more in there to avoid being linked

jamblix 11-03-2010 02:21 AM

For me it's:

$25-$100: new checking account, just as an initial deposit, you don't need to "spend" this money

$20-???: for a new tracfone+minutes

Hm, that's actually it...I thought there would be more for some reason. So a total of $20 for a tracfone is basically it.

rsot 11-03-2010 09:59 AM

Jamb, aren't you forgetting prepaid card and what not?

jamblix 11-03-2010 04:47 PM

Nope, you know I'm glad you mention that, I never had a reason to ask. What's the benefit of a prepaid card? A checking account is all I ever needed and it works great.

lagoonclub 11-13-2010 09:03 PM

For me

Ally.com bank acct - $5
my1voice.com phone number - $5 a month (used to use ATT prepaid SIMs, but became too costly, and unused minutes expired after a couple of months, etc. Also, couldn't receive calls unless my SIMs were in)
vanilla visa prepaid - $25+fee

have opened 7 stealth accts so far, working good so far but the 10 listing limit is very annoying

Paddymac 11-16-2010 09:09 AM

Im in the UK too and a "step" bank account with Natwest was easy and free to set up, took a while for all the paperwork, but all sorted in about 10 days.
I set up entropay for approx £10 in total and a phone line from soho66 £2per month diverted to a landline I have.The most expensive is the mailbox service as my address will be linked. I havent got the mailbox yet so havent opened the new ebay and pp accounts for this stealth account.

Stigger 11-16-2010 02:41 PM

Bank account/debit card FREE
Net dongle £7.50 pcm
Phone number £2 + 6.95 pcm
Address 0 or 5pcm depending on which way you go

Paddymac 11-17-2010 05:43 AM

Tizwoz, where can I get an address for £5pcm? the cheapest i found was £20+pcm