Seller ripping me off 1015usd!! Whats best way to try get funds back?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Seller ripping me off 1015usd!! Whats best way to try get funds back??

Hi folks,

What is the best way to get a paypal manual send a payment, money back?
The payment was with a credit card through paypal so not via paypal account funds.
(Type: Service)

Would a paypal dispute do the job or try a chargeback through the bank first?

First, this may help give you an idea what happened ...

A paypal payment of 290euro/480usd was sent from myself for shipping cost
from Germany to Uk.Thats right 480usd just for shipping costs!!Thats not all though ....

I had ordered unique tropical live fish breeders of a website called aquabid which
the 2xfish cost 350usd alone.The seller is in Thailand who sent the fish parcel to
a transhipper in Germany who was responsible for getting the wetpets over here
to Scotland so i dont think the Thai supplier is at fault here but just the German shipper.

What happened is, the german transhipper named Jan tried sending via TNT on Tue.
Tnt collected the parcel but 2hrs later they came back to Jan and said couldnt send
live fish after they already received my 480usd payment.

No refund from TNT or via Jan for the 480usd so Im already out of pocket for Jans
mistake. Now Jan has requested another paypal payment of 535usd for shipping cost
even though it was his mistake 100% in failing the first time.

I have already sent him an email that i feel i being ripped off here and a whole load
more but dont wanna bore ya with them small details...

Ive set my mind on not receiving the wetpets, too much hassle now and too much
money so would prefer to get a refund but hes not willing to refund for his own
mistake, what would be the best way to get money back for the shipping costs?

Also would have to try get 350usd refund for the 2x fish alone which is a different
guy altogether.

I first ordered and made payment to the Thai seller in June so we have been looking
for a reputable transhipper since then, just over 4months of me waiting too come too
this being ripped off.

The best part was if i were to make another shipping payment of 530usd, Jan would
attempt to send the 2x live fish to Edinburgh airport.Edinburgh is in Scotland and no
Scottish airports accept live fish.

I know this since ive tried importing live fish to Scotland before and its strictly
prohibited and against the law and they never will make it past the Xray scans in
the airport.When they find out theres live fish in a parcel, they do not allow you too
collect instead they confiscate it and terminate, kill it!!

So this guy expects me to pay a total of 1015usd for shipping costs to an airport that
does not accept live fish and will kill them immediatley!!

I cant see how people can do this kinda stuff with no regret whatsoever ... hopefully with
your help can try least get back some of my money and I will name and shame this guy
on several fish forums too make sure nobody gets screwed!

Last edited by smooger; 11-03-2010 at 01:29 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,910 Times in 8,203 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Thought I cannot comment much on your fish story (I have no experience with importing live or dead animals), with regards to your attempt to save your funds, do you credit card chargeback.

Most credit cards have a built-in guarantee on purchases so claim fraud and you should be covered. Paypal in general is too iffy - force the chargeback on credit card stat.
Old 11-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Thought I cannot comment much on your fish story (I have no experience with importing live or dead animals), with regards to your attempt to save your funds, do you credit card chargeback.

Most credit cards have a built-in guarantee on purchases so claim fraud and you should be covered. Paypal in general is too iffy - force the chargeback on credit card stat.
Thank you very much! No worries about that, i just hope the fish end up safe :/

So just say it was a fraudalent payment and wasnt myself that sent it ? Is there anything else i should say to give me more of a chance of the chargeback going through?

Also the credit card payment was made last week through paypal, would they not think its suspicious that iam doing the chargeback now?
Ihave transactions going through all the time and have withdraw payments since then.

I may need a good alibi!
The Following User Says Thank You to smooger For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (11-04-2010)
Old 11-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Let me backtrack a bit - your credit card is attached to paypal? Hmm - if you do a chargeback, you can expect paypal to limit that account right away.

I would not claim fraudulent payment - I would claim services not rendered and goods never received if you go through paypal. If you do chargeback with credit card company, tell them you paid for items, they were never received and there is delivery.

I repeat though, if you bypass a claim through paypal and go for chargeback, you account will be affected.
Old 11-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Let me backtrack a bit - your credit card is attached to paypal? Hmm - if you do a chargeback, you can expect paypal to limit that account right away.

I would not claim fraudulent payment - I would claim services not rendered and goods never received if you go through paypal. If you do chargeback with credit card company, tell them you paid for items, they were never received and there is delivery.

I repeat though, if you bypass a claim through paypal and go for chargeback, you account will be affected.
Thanks for pointing this out Yeah the paypal account is one i use to sell on eBay. Ok sounds like paypal dispute is the way to go then, will give this a shot soon.

I sent the last email too him earlier around 10am now its 8pm here and still no reply.Will give him 1more day before filing the dispute but so far looks like he isnt gonna bother to fufil the service i paid for.
Old 11-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Well he has finally responded exactly 12 hrs after last reply.

He has said he will find a way to ship somehow and he will attempt it on Monday. He also said Dont worry i will find a way....

Very vague answers considering how lenghty my email was in terms of questions. Why he was asking me to pay another shipping cost also why he was attempting to export live fish illegally and asking me to go break the law and collect them at the airport, basically recommending me to get caught red handed.

Since paypal has a 45 day dispute limit i have time so will wait until then and not bother too even reply to his email incase hes trying it on again. Guess its a wait and see what happens ....
Old 11-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Yeah I'd recommend first opening paypal dispute and if by some miracle he actually wins which I doubt it never happens basically. You can always just file the credit card dispute. So pretty secure transaction.
Old 11-03-2010

Longevity: 78%

Why would any one spend so much on fish's?
I hate animals!
Old 11-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooger View Post
Thank you very much! No worries about that, i just hope the fish end up safe :/ So just say it was a fraudalent payment and wasnt myself that sent it ? Is there anything else i should say to give me more of a chance of the chargeback going through?

Also the credit card payment was made last week through paypal, would they not think its suspicious that iam doing the chargeback now?
Ihave transactions going through all the time and have withdraw payments since then.

I may need a good alibi!
I like this member already....
Old 11-04-2010

Longevity: 82%

interesting. I call a scam when i see one. Open dispute and then talk to your Cc company without making the next action. See what your Cc issuer is saying so you know what will happen next. Paypal advised me on the phone a few days ago that the major Cc issuers have extended there policy as part of a deal with paypal to 6 months in order to do a chargeback and get your money back.
Old 11-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Go on jeffweico - clarify....ha
Old 11-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Go on jeffweico - clarify....ha
RSOT - do you REALLY want to get me started here???
Old 11-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

=) I am just messing around on a thursday morning bud. Ha all good - your typing and texts are always a good read and well-thought out seriously so...=)
Old 11-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
=) I am just messing around on a thursday morning bud. Ha all good - your typing and texts are always a good read and well-thought out seriously so...=)
OH... I thought you meant the whole thing about my soft spot for animals...

But if I get started on that, Aspkin's gonna need a bigger hard drive before the day is over....
Old 11-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

But if I get started on that, Aspkin's gonna need a bigger hard drive before the day is over....
lmao ^_^
Old 11-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

lmao a fellow animal lover here on Aspkin!!
Old 11-08-2010

Longevity: 90%

i recommend not to deal with anything questionable