Opinions Needed Please! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Opinions Needed Please!

Okay... so...quick introduction... Im 26, obviously kkicked off ebay (low DSR's in shipping time and too many cases opened. I mainly sell KIDS clothing which I'm assuming is a pretty "low risk" item to sell...

I am going to have a backup account under my boyfriend's name, but its for some reason not satisfying enough- I want an account under my name somehow. I can easily change a letter in both my first and last name- ???? Does anybody know if US Bank is a good bank to use????

For an address, I decided I can use the address of an 84 year old man that I take care of. The address will be available for a long time.

I've read a few threads where a subscriber said that paypal is now a dead end and will lead to suspension. The stealth guide doesn't suggest that. ???? Which is true???!!! I have no problem using a different merchant account, but are there any that will ACCEPT paypal payments? I'm selling kids clothes. I will lose many buyers if I dont accept paypal being that some "mommies" are stuck up spoiled gals that want it the easy way.

Im assuming that the SAFEST way to go is to buy an LLC? If I do, do I set up the LLC in my real name or my altered name? Can ebay/paypal see the registered name f the owner of the LLC? And will this prevent me from having ot give my social security number?

I have so many questions- I just want to make sure I dont screw anything up. These are the steps I should take, in order- please let me know if theyre not correct....
1)- Add user account and change IP
2)- Buy an LLC and have the title be the same name I register with ebay and/or paypal... (the name will be the variation of mine)... in order for them to ask for a EIN or tax number INSTEAD of SSN?
3)-Use address of old man's house for ebay and paypal. Do I need to use that address for the LLC too?
4)-Open a checking at US bank in the LLC name
5)-Start selling slowly

Basically, Im still confused about paypal. Will it work or not? Will it only become a problem when they need to verify SSN? Also, can any info in the LLC be a link? Can I use my real address for the LLC? Or will it link? I know paypal has to report now, and i wanted ot start paying taxes anyway. But I dont want ot have to start receiving all my tax mail at the old guy's house.

Also, on ebay, paypal, and the LLC can I use my real date of birth? The stealth guide seemed to have two conflicting answers about that. Doesn't paypal check to see if the DOB matches up?

Also--- on the new account, I plan on buying alot like I do now. I buy alot of 4t boys clothes and things for myself that Im worried ebay could possibly see a trend when comparing the two accounts if that ever happened. Can they link you for buying similar items??

My apologies for htis being so long! Any info will help! Obviously I'm a little unorganized- could'nt ship on time- so I dont want to screw up my second chance somehow lol!!

Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Welcome to the forums.

You are going the INSANE route with the LLC, using REAL NAME, etc.

Look around the forums, have you read the book through TWICE? That is the best advice I offer to NOOBS around here.

Quick and dirty

1)Name Variation
2)New IP (ask provider if you have Static IP)
3)New Address (PO box/forward mail)
4)New CC (lakeman provides these)
5)New Bank (you can do this
a)VBA (Virtual Bank Account)
6)New Phone Number (look around the forums)
7)New Email

Keep track of your info....look and read...ENJOY!

PS:Give thanks where thanks is due around here...we love it!
MtnDew (11-19-2010), sarbear (11-20-2010)
Old 11-19-2010

Longevity: 83%

best rundown of how it works ive seen in a long time

bear most of your answers are in the book and in the forum. seems like you got the gist of it read up and start an account
Think I'll buy me a football team
The Following User Says Thank You to MtnDew For This Useful Post:
sarbear (11-20-2010)
Old 11-20-2010
Threadstarter  

So why is the LLC route the insane route? I would still use a name variation. Isn't it the only way to get past giving PayPal my SSN??? Wouldn't PayPal catch on when its reporting time?? I figured the LLC was the most legal way. Am I missing something???
Old 11-20-2010

LLC is not cost effective and time consuming. Plus what happens when yuor new account gets shut down or possibly linked? you went through all that time, paper work, and extra money to be in the same place.

Also that please note that selling on a stealth account on ebay is not "illegal" starting a business LLC company and not paying taxes on your income is.
The Following User Says Thank You to Axcend For This Useful Post:
sarbear (11-20-2010)
Old 11-20-2010

basically you want an account that is going to stay up forever and thats what everyone wants but the reality is it probably wont.If you make a few different accounts and keep your withdraws on each account 500 or lower then theres a good chance they wont ask for your ssn.If and when they do then you lose that account but since you are spread out then it wont hurt your sales all that much.Just time to make a new one to replace the one that got killed

rinse,wash and repeat,there are members here who can make 20 accts in a day

purchase a vcc from lakeman or 123,i just purchased from 123 and got it in about an hour.This will get you verified on ebay

figure out your ip issue,for me i have a different router for each ebay id.I know its a hassle but im not as tech savvy as some of the other guys who i assume have an easier way.Each cost about 35 bucks at walmart

you can open up as many bank accounts you want under your real name/info

link them to paypal using a slight variation of your name on paypal

the lower you keep your withdraws,the less chance they will ask for your ssn.I dont think there is a set policy as ive seen members who say they take out way more then 500 a month and dont get the ssn request but for me i try to keep it under the original 500 monthly withdraw limit.If you can pay for your supplies through paypal even better as that doesnt go towards the 500 limit

Last edited by shogun1; 11-20-2010 at 04:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to shogun1 For This Useful Post:
sarbear (11-20-2010)
Old 11-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Why won't a bank debit card work instead of a VCC? I don't get that as well. I have never had a credit card and didn't ever have a problem with paypal. With the VCC, I'm guessing I need to always pay my ebay fees ASAP. If they try to withdraw from the VCC on file and it doesn't work, would that be a red flag? I have a baaaad habit of letting my fees build up-- gotta stop that I guess! And yes, I do want an account that will stay up forever, don't we all-- and I'm not trying to evade the income tax- I'm a single mom so I'd get it all back anyways. It just seems like a lot of time and energy to come up with new accounts every few months or whenever i get linked. I thought the LLC was the safest way. I don't mind spending the money if its worth it- and I heard its easier when your taxes come around. Does anyone see where I'm coming from or am I being naive?? I'm so scared to do this- I'm so afraid of being let down- sounds cliche but eBay is my life! And its ironic because I love it so much so how the **** can I let myself get kicked off three times!!
Old 11-20-2010
Threadstarter  

I mean Im scared because I dont want to go through all of this planning and then login one day and be shut down! They're heartless on that customer service end. I got re-instated once because I kept calling and asked again and again to be transferred to the preident, manager, VP or whatever of the Trust & Safetly department. They told me they couldnt transfer me to a higher person unless i had a name. So I searched and searched google and found a name of someone, asked to be transfered, and got an answering machine in seconds. It was a few years ago so I think I was about 21 so I put on my sweet-girl pity-me voice and I dont remember if I got a call back after that but the account was reinstated. The SNPD violations were on a much smaller level though- before those damn DSR's. I called again a few days ago, and talked to someone who admitted to being there only a year- I asked him if since they started the DSR ratings if they had increase in the number of MC099 restrictions and other suspensions-- and he wouldn't answer me, so I think I know the answer to that.
Old 11-20-2010
Threadstarter  

What I'd like to know is what type of account will stay up the longest??? An LLC with a name variation or just a name variation. Either one will have a legitimate residential address, new phone number, bank account, IP address, and VCC. I'm hoping that in two years eBay's policies will change and they will reinstate my REAL account. I kept pushing the newbie at eBay cust. serv. to tell me why they don't use the word PERMANENT rather than Indefinite. Because their policies may change....maybe...
Old 11-20-2010

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAOOOOOOOO! slow down there speedy bear. you have asked like 10 ?s so far.

best advice i can give, you have what it takes to start a new account. I would try a stealth account NON-LLC and make sure you are doing it right first.

vcc...4-5 bucks activation
tracphone...5-10 bucks
ip....free with some studying
email...free msn, hotmail, gmail
add your bank account using your name in a different form=free
or use a bank that will let you deviate and use "100 mile an hour poster"

slow down deep breath your old ebay account is probably gone :( try making a new one, read up on cookies and start ssssssslllllllloooowww.

Last edited by MtnDew; 11-20-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-21-2010
Threadstarter  

hey booger.... Its funny that you said slllloooooowwww down because I have a tendency to run a mile a minute when Im heated on something. I do have sooooo many questions its like I wish I could just talk to the wizard on the phone!!! Ilive with my parents and I preach about how much of an entrepreneur I am with eBay when they view me as not working and perhaps lazy- but I physically go out and shop for my inventory and list it on foam boards on a small computer in a cluttered room- so basically Im so anxious to get this back up and runningbecause I have no more room for failure! Lol... im not that dramatic but just looking for all the answers. Just curious on average how much time does it take most of you peeps to get linked? 3 weeks? 6 mos? 2 years? I'd like to know how much time I have before I get buried....
Old 11-21-2010

really depends on how you run the account and what you are selling...i have an account i run hot hot goods through and she's as strong as any of mine. best thing to do if you know your in a danger zone with your items make a few extra accounts and have them sleeping ready to go when something bad happens

and i would never have guessed your mind runs a mile a minute best advice i can give you is follow the book word for word when making your 1st account...really is well written for making one step by step. if you mess up post here and me or someone will figure out what you did wrong...really not that hard if you FOLLOW THE BOOK
Old 11-29-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbear View Post
What I'd like to know is what type of account will stay up the longest??? An LLC with a name variation or just a name variation. Either one will have a legitimate residential address, new phone number, bank account, IP address, and VCC. I'm hoping that in two years eBay's policies will change and they will reinstate my REAL account. I kept pushing the newbie at eBay cust. serv. to tell me why they don't use the word PERMANENT rather than Indefinite. Because their policies may change....maybe...
Let me tell you...I have talked A LOT with service reps (gotta keep your FRIENDS close and PAYPAL closer) and let me tell you. One person who worked there for over 4.5 years has not seen ONE SUSPENSION that was PERMANENT and the limit was lifted.

Check out, move on....

But hey....PM me, I can help you where you need.