Something fun to look at.. Paypal boards - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-30-2008
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash
Default Something fun to look at.. Paypal boards

It's not that I just found this out, in fact I've known for a long time and I'm kind of surprised I never saw it mentioned here. Go to the "discussion boards" on eBay (you don't have to register to see them) and then go to the "Paypal" subforum. At least three of the users, "cliniclady2000", "sandypurins", and "texas_skeeter" are shills that are paid to post on those boards and say good things about Paypal. Also they are quick to harass anyone who dares say something bad about Paypal on that forum.

See, both eBay and Paypal hire contract workers from a company called Liveworld, who specializes in "building customer relationships through social networking and online community".

UH-HUH............. Basically they are in the business of Buzz Marketing, sending out paid shills posing as regular customers to promote the companies that are paying them.

Don't believe me? Go look for yourself.. they don't even make any effort to be discrete about it! Also these three members have been known to repeatedly break forum policies, but no matter how much people report them they never get suspended. I know it's not really important, but it's still pretty interesting that Paypal has to stoop so low and do this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2008

Longevity: 95%

Good Post! I never knew that.. Ive been on their boards + even denied access to some for not posting often enough.. They have certain boards that are Invite only.. (supposedly)..
Old 01-30-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Yeah the Powerseller board for one, I think. For some reason Liveworld really focuses their efforts on the Paypal board more than any other one. The 3 paid shills I mention post almost exclusively there. They go so far as to stalk any seller (who should have been smart and used a posting ID anyway) that said something bad about Paypal.. and then they will spread a bunch of false accusations against that seller in retaliation. These guys are brutal!
Old 01-30-2008
Banned

Ur wrong Kola Wash. please dont post false info.........

This is a post from texas skeeter --who you said was a paid poster. He is asking us to boycott paypal. U should really get your info straight next time...

oradell (1192 ) View Listings | Report Jan-30-08 05:53 PST

Sellers on sellers board are calling for a boycot 18-25 Feb - no listing, no eBay fees, no PayPal fees.

texas_skeeter (157 ) View Listings | Report Jan-30-08 06:18 PST 1 of 14

Good idea, too bad their aren't more people stupid enough to think this will do anything whatsoever. I guess I can be happy that buyers will have half a dozen fewer sellers to ignore while they look for our auctions.

Please make the boycott permanent.

David

eBay Forums: Boycott?? ...
Old 01-30-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Read it more closely.. he's referring to those people as "stupid". I don't know how this proves me wrong??
Old 01-30-2008
Banned

he says please "please make boycott permanant.' Now why would a paid paypal poster say this about paypal? and i'm not going to get father into his and the others post about paypal cause it proves my point further
Old 01-30-2008
Banned

and how about "sandpruns'

sandypurins (242 ) View Listings | Report Jan-27-08 16:27 PST 11 of 130
"I'm out $25. Please tell me how using PayPal would have changed that?"

One word... Chargeback.

"this happened back when PayPal funded refunds out of a sellers account."

How long ago did this happen?

Now why would she be telling a buyer to do a credit card chargeback which will paypal will more then likely have to pay for.

Truthfully they are just keeping it real with them whiners and cry babies in the forum.. Crying about a scam because they didnt read the whole auction listing.
Old 01-30-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

He means that all the "stupid" sellers who are not using Paypal should make their boycott permanent so that the buyers looking at "our auctions" (i.e. those who take Paypal) don't have to bother dealing with the boycotters. The post is there for everyone to see.. just look at it, and the other members here can judge just how "wrong" I am.
Old 01-30-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Link?
Old 01-30-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
Read it more closely.. he's referring to those people as "stupid". I don't know how this proves me wrong??
Well they are stupid. Well most of them. We even talk about the buyers in here about how dumb they are..

1 person in their complained because sje paid $300 for a whole sale list, she thought she was buying a 64 inch brand new big screen for $300..lol But in the auction it said in big letters" THIS AUCTION IS FOR A WHOLESALE LIST ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU DONT AGREE"

No tell me, wouldn't you say that she was stupid??
Old 01-30-2008
Banned

Quote:
Link?
See. I put the link in my post below texas_skeeter post..Can you not read?? I bet you buy items off Ebay without even reading the auction don't you...SHM sighhhhh

See this is exactly what he meant.. Maybe he was talking about you and you took offense..LOL AHAHAHAH

Joke

My point is proven. I have no more to say

They are not paid paypal posters
Old 01-30-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Some of the people who complain in there are stupid. But that's not the point.
Old 01-30-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
See. LOL your stupid as well and. I put the link in my post below texas_skeeter post..can you not read?? I bet you buy items off Ebay without even reading the auction don't you...SHM sighhhhh

See this is exactly what he meant.. maybe he was talking about you and you took offense..LOL AHAHAHAH

my point is proven. i have no more to say
Link to the OTHER one, obviously. The one with sandypurins. It's obvious you read things too quickly and jump to conclusions. I would stop talking now too if I were you.
Old 01-30-2008
Banned

nope its related to texas skeeter^^^^^^^

But all in all I do believe something of them posters is down with Paypal. just not them
Old 01-30-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Old 01-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 95%

Quote:

That's it let's all play nice now. It makes a much better place.
Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

Yeah, I used to surf the boards often and there was a huge discussion on these outsource live world posters

There are a few of these going on and live world or eBay staff and posing as users to "control" and moniter behaviour on the boards

There are even studies and analysis on "customer control" on the boards. I guess when there is so many angst going on, they have to stoop low to perform damage control