eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Turned down by Ally - any ideas? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/25940-turned-down-ally-any-ideas.html)

jeffweico 12-11-2010 01:55 PM

Turned down by Ally - any ideas?

OK... I applied for a checking account with Ally online. Then I got a response that I am not accustomed to. My application would have to go to review. About a week later, I received a denial letter that they could not approve me for an account due to information on my ChexSystems report.

So, I ordered my report from ChexSystems. There were NO negatives on it whatsoever. Just three inquires. One is almost 2 years old, one is about a year old and one 4 months old. That was it. Of course, now there is also the fresh inquiry from Ally.

So, apparently they take into consideration any accounts that you applied for. I have accounts with all three inquiring banks.

Of course, I don't want to keep applying and getting turned down, as I'm sure that each inquiry will just make it that much harder.

So, does anyone know which banks won't care so much about the inquiries? Does anyone know if Ally is known for being sticklers when opening accounts?

alphaversa 12-11-2010 02:50 PM

It is a banking policy to protect against check kiting. I ran into this a few years ago myself.

lagoonclub 12-11-2010 02:55 PM

I am pretty certain Ally does a credit pull, didn't know they used CS. Have 7 accts with Ally, called them, and they told me they do a credit check.

Banks Do Hard Credit Inquiries On Checking Accounts | Sweating The Big Stuff

holyhell 12-11-2010 03:15 PM

Well I can guarantee you that Wachovia and Suntrust don't do credit checks. My debt of medical bills is an astronomical figure, and I have multiple accounts with both banks.

Jeffweico, I wonder if they saw how many other accounts you have and are just suspicious. I mean, it is strange to the common person that we all have so many bank accounts.

holymoly 12-11-2010 06:33 PM

Well Ally isn't the best to start w/ anyways...it is great if you can get it. Only like a few bucks to get an account!

Nephilim 12-11-2010 08:08 PM

I had opened an account with them no problem, but maybe I need to check on my credit. Been meaning to do that for quite awhile.

jeffweico 12-11-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagoonclub (Post 189371)
I am pretty certain Ally does a credit pull, didn't know they used CS. Have 7 accts with Ally, called them, and they told me they do a credit check.

I have credit monitoring and they never pulled my report. But I have good credit anyway.

jeffweico 12-11-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holyhell (Post 189377)
Well I can guarantee you that Wachovia and Suntrust don't do credit checks. My debt of medical bills is an astronomical figure, and I have multiple accounts with both banks.

Jeffweico, I wonder if they saw how many other accounts you have and are just suspicious. I mean, it is strange to the common person that we all have so many bank accounts.

It - at least from the sheet ChexSystems sent to me - did not show the number of accounts. But maybe they thought the other banks turned me down??? That could be.

I can always open more with B of A, they only check credit for the first account. I have no idea if they check with Chexsystems, though.

I'll try SunTrust next.

jeffweico 12-11-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagoonclub (Post 189371)

Very informative article. Thanks for sharing!

123 12-12-2010 12:10 AM

Also for anyone interested in checking there credit scores daily, weekly or monthly for free check out:

Free Credit Score & Credit Report Card. No Credit Card Needed

and remember everyone can get a free annual report from all three reporting companies

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

pod 12-12-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 189441)
But maybe they thought the other banks turned me down??? .

That or they find it unusual to have that many bank applications win or lose. They probably declined you just because there was so much banking inquiries. Good or bad. Just made them nervous. Trust is hard to come by these days with so many abusers out there. Makes it hard for the good guy