Selling in the UK..... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Selling in the UK.....

Hey all. I just found out that i will be relocating to the UK for a couple of years. I have a couple of legit ebay/paypal accounts, pre 2006 and a couple stealth Amazon accounts. All my merchandise is 100% legit coming from wholesale gov't pipelines, and auctions. I will have access to USPS facilities to ship from.

Question is what will I have to do differently to conduct business over on that side of the world, and are there any advantages to product access that I can't get over here? Such as wholesalers, or items that are hard to procure in the USA?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

not sure what your set-up will be - are you going to access your US amazon and ebay from UK ip, you may need to take advice on that, you could either tell them you are moving in case the IP location may flummox them, plus youd have to move buying and returns addresses perhaps, or get good unique VPN (but thats something you need to be extra careful with)

I cannot think of many things that are cheaper in UK actually, jeff mentioned books, they may be cheaper! Electronics are more expensive and most other stuff in general, yes you get wholesalers and costco etc US people are at an advantage if planning to buy from china, it would be similar costs in dollars, except you dont have to convert from sterling to dollars in US!!

Good news is amazon and ebay UK are thriving sites. If you have a good US source and the shipping doesnt cripple you, then you should do very well here.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-04-2011 at 04:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
cherrqell (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
not sure what your set-up will be - are you going to access your US amazon and ebay from UK ip, you may need to take advice on that, you could either tell them you are moving in case the IP location may flummox them, plus youd have to move buying and returns addresses perhaps, or get good unique VPN (but thats something you need to be extra careful with)

I cannot think of many things that are cheaper in UK actually, jeff mentioned books, they may be cheaper! Electronics are more expensive and most other stuff in general, yes you get wholesalers and costco etc US people are at an advantage if planning to buy from china, it would be similar costs in dollars, except you dont have to convert from sterling to dollars in US!!

Good news is amazon and ebay UK are thriving sites. If you have a good US source and the shipping doesnt cripple you, then you should do very well here.
I'll be on a US gov't facility/property so Im not sure how the ip will work. I was just gonna be honest and do a change of address, and other identifying information, and keep it legit, and as honest as possible. Dont know how the banking, cc issue will play out. I guess i'll just have to figure out all my options while Im over there, and test the lay of the land.

Thanks for the info.