eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Around how late in the game does PP verify SS#? What money amounts or transactions?? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/27994-around-how-late-game-does-pp-verify-ss-what-money-amounts-transactions.html)

DreamerInTheClouds 02-07-2011 06:45 PM

Around how late in the game does PP verify SS#? What money amounts or transactions??

Hello everyone Please Help...

Okay so I want to open new pay-pal accounts to begin selling on new ebay accounts. I will use the pay-pal accounts to raise feedback, begin selling quickly and etc and then eventually once my ebay account has aged with healthy feedback and transactions then cut evil pay-pal out of the picture and switch to selling on a merchant account or the other ebay payment methods #

ProPay
#

Moneybookers
#

Paymate
#
etc.

Until when will they ask to verify you SS # on Pay-Pal? Is there a specific number of transactions or monetary amounts. This will help to decided when is the best time to drop pay-pal (which is good for staring of the ebay account) and then switching to a more friendly payment processor. I do have access to verifiable SS #s, but rather not use them if their not needed early in the game. I hope these makes sense....

I have read different things on here like 200 transactions/ $20k... but some people have posted lower amounts so I need a good idea on what to expect.

Please help me out and ask any questions if you need further help understanding my situation. =}:smash:

IDK 02-08-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamerInTheClouds (Post 203223)
so I need a good idea on what to expect.

Expect paypal to ask for SSN whenever they get good and ready. It can be 20K or 200 bucks. That's a fact so all the figuring is a waste of time chap.

Edit: lol I just noticed your screen name... How ironic/fitting. :lol:

DreamerInTheClouds 02-08-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK (Post 203288)
Expect paypal to ask for SSN whenever they get good and ready. It can be 20K or 200 bucks. That's a fact so all the figuring is a waste of time chap.

Edit: lol I just noticed your screen name... How ironic/fitting. :lol:

Thanks for being so nice.... you have a good day too.

DreamerInTheClouds 02-08-2011 01:39 AM

Can i please get more help here. Can I get some attention this way I would like more information please I know that Paypal is very random, but there has to be some sort of consistency when it comes to them wanting to verify the SS #. I am new and had hope for a little more replies than this :brick:

rsot 02-08-2011 11:10 AM

You received a response from IDK - he knows a ton about pa yp al and sadly, there's is no real consistency. Pp can limit and ask whenever they want - and it depends on how fast you sell, WHAT you sell, WHEN you withdraw, SOURCE of payments, so many factors...more folx will chime in later probably but this is where I stand. There is no knock down formula.

MtnDew 02-08-2011 09:47 PM

Ya IDK said it best whenever and whatever they wanna do they do. Theres no good answer. Many factors...volume...product...location and silly paypal being themselves. I have had accounts selling a ton and they treat me golden and sell same exact thing and they shut me down after a few sales. Basically have a few and be prepared to use them.

turkeyhunt 02-08-2011 09:55 PM

I agree. Paypal doesn't seem to have a consistent factor - they use everything that you do to determine if and when they will ask for a ssn. I have had mine for about 4 months now, without them asking - but then again, i am very careful about $ going in, when and how much i withdraw, etc.

Others, they asked for it within my first month.

SO.. there is not set formula. It all is done case by case based off your various activity factors.

Good luck. Remember -- you can always spread your money out to deter that dire need.

DreamerInTheClouds 02-09-2011 03:29 PM

Okay well thanks guys for your replies and I will be prepare to expect the unexpected lol....:ranger:

rsot 02-09-2011 03:42 PM

Exactly - spread your sales and go slow.