Buyer files item not received - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-17-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Buyer files item not received

Hello everyone,

I sold a bluetooth (around $10) last week and a buyer just filed an item not received dispute. They claimed that I sent it to the wrong address and I first thought "hey I probably made a mistake" and was getting ready to refund his 10 bucks which is no biggie, but upon checking the paypal transaction, I found that I sent the item to his confirmed paypal address in Virginia. However the buyer claims that he lives in South Carolina. The item was delivered to his confirmed address (VA), but he just opened up a dispute. He did send me an email at 8:59am this morning, but opened the case at 9:48am. He basically gave me 50 min to resolve the case . Normally, I wouldn't really care, but there's something really fishy going on about this.

The last name of the payer and the name on the confirmed address do not match. Same first name, but the last names don't match. It also says "(The sender of this payment is Unverified)". The address, again, is confirmed. I am assuming that I am covered? (lol did I just say that?)

Plus, It looks like ebay has removed the listing and I hate when they do that. They do that without letting anyone know. At least I have the paypal transaction details that clearly show that the item was delivered to his confirmed address.

Normally I wouldnt really care about 10 bucks, but he's wrong here and I am not gonna let him get away with this. I just told him to escalate the case, so that paypal ppl can look at this case.

Below is his case explanation:

"I bid, won and paid for item # xxxxxxxxxxxxx, but did not received the item, my
records shows it was sent somewhere else, so need to dissolve this ASAP, my
mailing address is xxxxxxxx Orangeburg SC 29118, tracking#
9101785091401938471570; and my cell is xxxxxxxxxxxx"

What do you all think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Why did Ebay remove the Listing,,,VERO?,,,If tracking shows delivery to the Paypal confirmed Address you should be ok,,Id be more concerned about the Removal of the Listing
inthezone (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011

In Paypals user agreement, part of the Sellers protection is provided if you sent it with delivery confirmation AND to a verified address.
If so, you are covered.

Send him that portion of the Paypal user agreement instead of having him escalate it to a dispute. claims and disputes don't look good on your account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
inthezone (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Nope, no vero. It was a bluetooth headset (NoiseHush N500). I am not really concerned about the removal. Ebay removed some of my other listings too but only after they were sold. Like this wireless microphone system that no one had any problems with. It is just stupid.

The tracking shows delivery to the confirmed address for sure. What makes it go in my favor (or at least, that's what I think) is the inconsistencies in his account and statement in the resolution center. I don't want to bend down and award him.
Old 03-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
In Paypals user agreement, part of the Sellers protection is provided if you sent it with delivery confirmation AND to a verified address.
If so, you are covered.

Send him that portion of the Paypal user agreement instead of having him escalate it to a dispute. claims and disputes don't look good on your account.
Thanks for the advice. But if it was found in my favor, I would think that the dispute would not be on my account? Am I wrong?
Old 03-17-2011

I believe, but don't quote me, that disputes are not held against Sellers anyhow. Neither are claims which are ruled in your favor but it shouldn't go that far if you are able to show him his error. Just my opinion but it seems best not to wake the sleeping Giant

I would word my rebuttal my buyer was shown Paypals rules yet refuses to honor them. Now wasting both parties time in escalating it to a claim full well knowing the outcome is the same. Not Cool.

This is what my recent buyer did (who is also an experienced Seller). She escalated it to a claim after lying, claiming SNAD because I wouldn't send her a return shipping label full-well knowing Paypal will make her abide by the user agreement. Paypal is still deciding...

Last edited by Melissa1971; 03-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
inthezone (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011
Threadstarter  

In this case though, I want the sleeping Giant to wake up, because I feel like this guy just wants to scam me and get his money while keeping the set. He just sent me an e-mail ignoring everything that I have told him (confirmed address), and told me that he has issues and couldn't wait. He either wants the bluetooth headset or his money back.
Old 03-17-2011

Ok, I understand
Old 03-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Do you know if he can still leave a negative even after I win the case?
Old 03-17-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Yes, he can leave negative feedback any day he wants as long as it's not past 45+ days.

If you delivered it to his PP address and tracking shows delivered, you'll win the dispute on PP.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
inthezone (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011

Yes he can. He can lie to screw up your DSR's except in a few cases...

If you offered free shipping, then on the shipping and handling charges they cannot mess with that one.

If you expedited the product when you promised to just send it standard mail, (using Paypals shipping) then they cannot mess with that other DSR that asks about the time limit too.

So if you did Both of the above, they can only dock you 3 of your 5 stars

Cut and pasted from Paypal website (Section 11)

11. Protection for Sellers.
11.1 PayPal Seller Protection.
PayPal Seller protection is protection we provide Sellers from Claims, Chargebacks, or Reversals that are based on
• Unauthorized Transaction or
• Item Not Received
Seller protection is available for eligible payments from buyers in any country.
11.2 Scope of Protection.
PayPal will protect you for the full amount of the eligible payment and waive the Chargeback Fee, if applicable. There is no limit on the number of payments for which you can receive coverage.
11.3*Eligibility Requirements.
To be eligible for Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below; plus, you must meet the Item Not Received requirements listed below to be covered for Item Not Received protection and you must meet the Unauthorized Transactions requirements listed below to be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection.
a. Basic Requirements:
• You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
• You must respond to PayPal’s requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
• The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
• Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.
b. Item Not Received Additional Requirements:
• The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
• You must have a Proof of Delivery as described below.
• You must ship the item within 7 days of receipt of payment. Or, if the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is required within the timeframe specified in your item listing.
• Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements:
• The payment must be marked “eligible” for Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
• You must have a Proof of Shipment or a Proof of Delivery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
inthezone (03-17-2011), unkown5454 (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Yes, he can leave negative feedback any day he wants as long as it's not past 45+ days.

If you delivered it to his PP address and tracking shows delivered, you'll win the dispute on PP.
Thanks. Looks like I will win the case as the tracking clearly shows it was delivered to his confirmed address, but leaving neg still sucks. That shouldn't actually be allowed.
Old 03-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Oh there's one good thing though... Since the ebay listing has been removed after the purchase (Not vero) as I mentioned before, he cannot access the ebay transaction so can't leave me a negative feedback. This happened to me once before and I was unable to leave feedback for the seller.
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
If you expedited the product when you promised to just send it standard mail, (using Paypals shipping) then they cannot mess with that other DSR that asks about the time limit too.
Nice. I knew about the other rule you mentioned, but didn't know about this 2nd loophole. Thank you.
Old 03-17-2011

Cool! Do you know if that is procedure when buyer claims item is counterfeit?
Old 03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Nice. I knew about the other rule you mentioned, but didn't know about this 2nd loophole. Thank you.
Well I might have worded it wrong.
My son ordered a necklace and it wouldn't allow me to rate the Seller on that question because it arrived sooner than the timeframe expected, or it was worded something to that nature. He sent it First Class

Until last week, I hadn't know about that either
Old 03-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Take a step back. It's $10. By all means defend yourself but dont go postal.

He's filed with ebay and they are a lot less nicer than paypal. Dont forget that.
forget what paypal does. Worry about ebay's reactions.
Old 03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Take a step back. It's $10. By all means defend yourself but dont go postal.

He's filed with ebay and they are a lot less nicer than paypal. Dont forget that.
forget what paypal does. Worry about ebay's reactions.
Normally I wouldnt really care about 10 bucks, but he's wrong here and I am not gonna let him get away with this. I just told him to escalate the case, so that paypal ppl can look at this case.

He insinuates it is Paypal. He is just doing the right thing which is the complete opposite of "going postal"

Paypal is now deciding on a claim of mine for $27
Old 03-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Melissa is right. He filed with paypal not ebay. That's the part that worries me a little.
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%

Quote:
Well I might have worded it wrong.
My son ordered a necklace and it wouldn't allow me to rate the Seller on that question because it arrived sooner than the timeframe expected, or it was worded something to that nature. He sent it First Class

Until last week, I hadn't know about that either
It sounds completely legit though. I just never thought of it like you mentioned. Will be testing it out here shortly.
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezone View Post
Oh there's one good thing though... Since the ebay listing has been removed after the purchase (Not vero) as I mentioned before, he cannot access the ebay transaction so can't leave me a negative feedback. This happened to me once before and I was unable to leave feedback for the seller.
What is the reason that Ebay keeps removing your listings? You mentioned earlier in the thread that they had removed other listings of yours but not because of VERO. Seems like something is going on that is causing them to remove your listings. You can only have so many removed before you get a suspension.
Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

I'm still recovering from the shock of finding out there is actually a section in paypal called "protection for sellers" didn't think that existed...