Starting new after getting stealth book - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Angry Starting new after getting stealth book

Sorry guys..

I have purchased the Stealth Book again and familarised myself with what to do.. I would just like a bit of help and some guidance to make sure i have done everything right so far..

I have changed my IP address
Signed up to entropay
Have a new telephone number
Registered on Ebay
(Have changed my address slightly on the Ebay account i have registered)

I dont know whether this was the right thing to do but on my Ebay account i have just put my name as a business name.. Do i put my name on Paypal but just change that around a bit?

I have used all my sort codes and account numbers for Paypal and i cant get hold of anymore, what can i do to withdraw any funds or verify the deposits?

To be honest im pretty useless at all this

If anyone can help i would appreciate it,

Thanks,
Em
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I also want Ebay for selling again, i'm aware i have to start up slowly but what kind of account shall i set up that would require easy approval, premier account?
Old 03-18-2011

I have read here to go for premier as it is more flexible.

Also it is a good idea that your eb and pp details match.

You can get more accounts (sort codes etc) easily by applying online wih various banks.

Search around here and you can find which ones are good.

I am sure user Imakemoney will have something to say on this matter as he has a fair bit of experience.... wait till he posts and you will be more wiser.

Trust me.... a few more weeks on here and you will be a pro!

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 03-18-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply Alps!

I hope so, its a hell of a lot to take in but i know it will all be worth it, i have signed up to Paypal under my name but with a twist obviously so i can easily verify myself if documents are needed or whatever..

I have a bank account with Halifax but i have called them to open me a savings account and they wanted me to go instore with ID and things which is a load of hassle for me.. I have bad credit too so i am guessing that will effect everything too. I would rather buy an account than do all this and probably mess it up lol!
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

buying an ebay/paypal account, is not going to get around the bank issue, you need to add your own bank. Most savers are not allowing direct debit withdrawal, so go for current account. Check with halifax, but if its the one I think you mean, no it will add fine and will verify the paypal but you wont be able to withdraw. Bad credit is an issue if you intend to go for alot of current accounts, but if its just one or two, hopefully you should be ok, you can try secure trust bank if you want an extra account without checks, it charges a monthly fee and you can search a thread for it on this forum section. I also read here that banks are legally obliged to give you at least one bank account (not per bank! in total), so if all you bank accounts are linked to banned paypals then close them and apply for one, and they cant turn you down - well thats the theory, you could end up with none at all.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-18-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Once again Oompa you are a great help..

I have applied for what you are talking about and have managed to obtain an account number and sortcode, i have also applied for another bank online - I will see how that goes.. I have entered the details into Paypal and im waiting for the 2 deposits, they have verified me by phone and my entropay account!!

Now all i need to do is verify the deposits!
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

ok, just to clarify, savers in general will allow penny deposits, you will input them and the paypal will get verified, so it means you can link it to ebay and start selling BUT you will not be able to withdraw the money to the bank, due to it being saver status thus not having dd facility! I am trying to warn you about your Halifax saver you are adding, you need a current acc not a saver.
Em_x (03-18-2011)
Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I do have another question - This one is bugging me and niggling at me even though it hasnt happened yet.. The last Ebay account and Paypal account i had was 100% legit, i did make a few mess ups by not keeping my invoices, and delivery tracking numbers, resulting in Paypal closing my account. I have identified the mistakes that i made last time and obviously wont be doing it again any time soon!.. HOWEVER i know that paypal are going to ask me for supplier information and things again in the near future if i start selling agaon, its inevitable, what exactly do i provide them with though? I will have a few invoices and things if the time comes but when they say 'Supplier info' what do they want? Names and number or what?
Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
ok, just to clarify, savers in general will allow penny deposits, you will input them and the paypal will get verified, so it means you can link it to ebay and start selling BUT you will not be able to withdraw the money to the bank, due to it being saver status thus not having dd facility! I am trying to warn you about your Halifax saver you are adding, you need a current acc not a saver.
Ohhhhh! Thank you! So really Halifax saver is rubbish unless i just want to verify a Paypal account and perhaps i could pay those funds into a verified Paypal account that will allow me to withdraw?

The bank i used with the thread you were referring too, will i have a problem withdrawing?
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

secure trust bank is fine, its a regular current account, so it works for withdrawal.

halifax saver - I am not familiar with every single saver product but in general forumers havent found any that work that I know of.

and yes, if you just want to verify, sell and spend the money or transfer it to another paypal (carefully) then a saver is an option, if you need to withdraw, and lets face it, most of us do, go for current account.
Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just gone on Paypal.. Limited already.. Requesting more card details and photo ID.. Aaaargh
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

what, before verification went thru? unusual - what card did you use?

It may get sorted without need for ID, if you follow their steps with card and maybe email/call them, these things can often be automated triggers.
Old 03-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
what, before verification went thru? unusual - what card did you use?

It may get sorted without need for ID, if you follow their steps with card and maybe email/call them, these things can often be automated triggers.
I used the entropay card.. Its asking for photo ID with my address on, another card number and another thing too..

I can get another card, as funnily enough my partner got a new one today so i could use that couldnt i? The only problem im going to have is photo ID but i think i can get around that.
Old 03-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

ok, I dont know how youve set up account, and if youve made a trigger mistake or if its bad luck. Im wondering if its the saver you added? It shouldnt mess things up like this but, rules are constantly changing.

You can try the new card, but there shouldnt be something wrong with entropay. Other forumers chime in? any issues like this? Are they asking for a brand new card? have you tried removing and re-adding same one. what is error message that comes up, if any?
Old 03-19-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks Greenbean for editing my post

Oompa, just an update, i got another entropay card as Paypal kept sating that they needed verification.. I added some photo ID (whether it will work i dont know) but after adding the 'ID' no longer is paypal asking me for a new credit/debit card.. It is now showing as this..

Confirm your credit card .. Im waiting for the code to show on my entropay statement..
Validate your account information .. Its saying information submitted and had a green tick saying 'completed' i dont exactly know what i did to do that?? And the last one is saying 'Photo ID' in progress.. So, i guess now is just a waiting game?
Old 03-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

hmm, totally new this is....

you will probably get vcc code quicker than you have ID looked at by them, so it would be interesting to know if you can use account once you input code - post back here.

Ive got a sneaking suspicion entropay is triggering stuff. FYI I dont use entropay and no such issues, re limits or verifications.....its really hard to get to the bottom of these problems as you dont know exact way accounts set up, so many factors, and the time-spans used too all factors, dont you agree GB?
Old 03-19-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have a feeling entropay is too because they have put a case number on my account and it says something about how they need to check my debit/credit card details. What do you use instead of entropay? I only used entropay because everyone seemed to have good reviews about it.. I will keep you posted..
Old 03-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This is the email I have just received from them..

We appreciate your interest in PayPal. Unfortunately our decision to close
your account is final.

PayPal reserves the right to close any account reported to be involved in
possible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a dispute,
PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal
balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance,
PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal
means.

Due to the potential risk of chargebacks or other action filed by buyers,
your balance will be held 180 days from the date of your limitation. At
that time, any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Yours sincerely,
Kayti
PayPal

What the heck am I doing wrong? Aaaargh.. Just to clarify, I hadn't listed anything on eBay or sold anything!!!
Old 03-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

in my experience, entropay works fine when setting up a new account from scratch, but not when used as a means of removing a paypal red flag.
Old 03-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweenBee View Post
in my experience, entropay works fine when setting up a new account from scratch, but not when used as a means of removing a paypal red flag.
So do you think i must have had a red flag then?
Old 03-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

weve debated such things before, re what casues triggers, we think it is a points system, so a vcc alone may not trigger it, otherwise everyone would get limited for using one and they dont...it may be random.

my personal fav is 3v is an alternative, it was working as of few weeks back, I have used primecard in the past, unsure if still ok. I think ibux may be ok, agin I only used them a while back.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 03-20-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

I am thinking this may be your problem

but on my Ebay account i have just put my name as a business name.. Do i put my name on Paypal but just change that around a bit?

Not sure what "changing it around a bit" means but maybe if you kept the same name on both Ebay and Paypal, it would be better in my opinion.

In your situation, I wouldn't use a PO Box. Even if you have to use someone else's address at first then change it to a PO Box later on. Your bank address needs to match the address you have on file with paypal and Ebay from what i understand (or at least the street numbers and town must match).

Good Luck

Last edited by Melissa1971; 03-20-2011 at 04:42 PM.