eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   2 seller accounts, one banned (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/30163-2-seller-accounts-one-banned.html)

jman33 04-10-2011 07:18 PM

2 seller accounts, one banned

I just want to start off by saying that the customer service is completely useless on Ebay. After talking to 6 different people on the phone, I got 6 completely different answers and still no definite answer for my question. During one call, I was transferred to some guy who supposedly had knowledge in this topic and he told me not to worry, but I am still worried.

One of my accounts is a gold power seller, top rated, but I wanted to create another ID to sell my stuff on. I do sell VERO items, but all my feedback is positive and my DSR's are all good.

Anyway, I created the second account in my name using all my info from my power seller account (big mistake) and listed a BIN listing for 10 of the VERO items I usually list under my power seller account without a problem. A few hours later, the new account was suspended and a messaged popped up saying I need to contact ebay to give them my info. I called and they said since I am considered a risk, they could not reinstate that account.

I inquired about my other account and they told me it will be suspended shortly as well. Well, a few days have gone by and it's not. Other reps I've talked to were also able to link both accounts together but told me that since that account has such good feedback, there shouldn't be a problem with it since it was apparently checked and nothing was found wrong with it and to just continue selling and forget about the new account.

What do you guys think the end result will be? I've heard over and over that once one goes down they all do. But I would think since they were both so easily linked that they would have shut down both accounts at the same time by now.

My power seller account is still active and I can list items on there, but I am afraid to. And yes, I used the same name, phone number, and paypal for both accounts. Very stupid move, but I hope I can recover from this.

jbluntz 04-10-2011 08:09 PM

The accounts are linked that doesn't mean they're all going down though, depends on the situation, the one in good standing should be fine. I had the same thing happen 2 ebay ID's to 1 paypal where 1 got suspended but continued to sell on the one in good standing for several months afterwards.

jman33 04-11-2011 06:34 PM

When do you think I will know the final result of my fate with my power seller account? It's still active and I can list items using it.

Themightycrow 04-11-2011 06:44 PM

I done the exact same thing as this!

I have an account that has 20 posative feedback

I created a account same everything, LINKED to my paypal. I listed 10 vero on this account and it went BOOM. A month later my main is fine, not even an email

And the same happend again with another account same info. I sent them documents (not even all the documents the asked for) and it got unbanned.

I recommended live chat, they hardly know whats going on.

jeffweico 04-11-2011 06:45 PM

Realistically, all you can do is continue as normal and see what happens. You could try calling eBay 10 more times, but you will probably get the same non-answers that you have been getting. Not to mention, I believe that the more of their people look at your account, the more likely you are to have a problem.

My suggestion is to get some stealth accounts lined up. Start them off slowly and don't list any high-risk items. Build your feedback, and then gradually list some of the higher risk stuff on them. Because the reality is that one day, maybe tomorrow or maybe 3 years from now, your main account COULD be closed. If that happens, and you have some backups, it will prevent heartache for you in the future. There is nothing worse than relying on eBay for your income on ONE account and then it gets shut down without warning.

jman33 04-12-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Themightycrow (Post 218558)
And the same happend again with another account same info. I sent them documents (not even all the documents the asked for) and it got unbanned.

I recommended live chat, they hardly know whats going on.

Thanks. It's good to hear from someone who's been in the same situation as me and has come out of it ok so far.

As for all the Ebay reps, it seems like whether on the phone or in chat, none of them really know what's going on. One of the reps literally sounded like she was going to fall asleep on the phone. I called first thing in the morning when they opened but still. The ebay reps say they have no authority on anything and anything they tell you doesn't necessarily mean it's going to turn out as they say.

I can't believe a multibillion dollar corporation is ran in such a Mickey Mouse way. You would think they'd actually have a number where you could talk to someone with actual authority on the site like every other professionally run business does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 218559)
My suggestion is to get some stealth accounts lined up. Start them off slowly and don't list any high-risk items. Build your feedback, and then gradually list some of the higher risk stuff on them. Because the reality is that one day, maybe tomorrow or maybe 3 years from now, your main account COULD be closed. If that happens, and you have some backups, it will prevent heartache for you in the future. There is nothing worse than relying on eBay for your income on ONE account and then it gets shut down without warning.

Very good advice and I wish I would have taken it several months ago so I wouldn't have put myself in this predicament. I haven't called them since and don't plan to again.