eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Limited: Claim of Unusual Activity With Bank Acc (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/30267-limited-claim-unusual-activity-bank-acc.html)

flipper 04-13-2011 01:13 AM

Limited: Claim of Unusual Activity With Bank Acc

All of my 8 accounts where suddenly limited because of suspicious bank activity. I used FNBO and USAA online banks. I called about one of the accounts because I thought I could get the limitation lifted. I told the rep I received the 2 small deposits and entered them and the account was verified. She says they noticed other information on the account that did not match. I asked her what information but she would not say. She just said I would have to provide a bank statement and send in a photo ID. I can't figure out what the problem is. Everything was going smoothly I even was able to withdraw from a few accounts with no problems. Now all of a sudden my accounts are limited. Has anyone experienced this type of problem? Any suggestions for a better bank?

GreenBean 04-13-2011 01:38 AM

Man, that's a downer. Paypal have done that to 'protect' themselves but say they are protecting you. Yes, quite a few users have encountered this. It's happened to US members, UK members and Australian members.

It's a sort of generic term. The unusual activity is the fact the names do not match.

As for a better bank, BOA are high on my list. BOA accomodate many users here. Consider a credit union as well.
Hope you manage to resolve the problem quickly :peace:

ShadyOne 04-13-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

All of my 8 accounts where suddenly limited because of suspicious bank activity.
:rip:

Wow, were all 8 accounts using the same banks? Damn!

Also were they ALL in the same names :shocked:

That isn't vert stealth :lo:

Quote:

She says they noticed other information on the account that did not match. I asked her what information but she would not say.
Can really only be your real name has been found out by PayPal. :noidea:

:peace:

rsot 04-13-2011 09:19 AM

Did you ever make payments FROM your bank accounts via pa yp al? Like bank transfer or e-Check?

ShadyOne 04-13-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Did you ever make payments FROM your bank accounts via pa yp al? Like bank transfer or e-Check?
rsot - So just wanted to ask, is the general rule, never add money or pay for something that would involve bank-paypal? Instant bank transfer etc etc?

Thanks

rsot 04-13-2011 10:45 AM

A bank transfer would show the real account holder's name in the payment "stub" - so Pa yp al could see it IF they looked closely.

flipper 04-13-2011 03:50 PM

No all the accounts were not with the same bank as I stated in my original post. I had two different online banks. And all the accounts had different names, addresses, phone #, ect.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyOne (Post 219103)
:rip:

Wow, were all 8 accounts using the same banks? Damn!

Also were they ALL in the same names :shocked:

That isn't vert stealth :lo:

Can really only be your real name has been found out by PayPal. :noidea:

flipper 04-13-2011 03:52 PM

No. These were brand new accounts. Paypal sent me the two small deposits to verify the account and I entered them. Then I got the congradulations your account is now verifed. Then a week later it's suspended.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 219138)

flipper 04-13-2011 03:54 PM

Thanks again Grean Bean for solid advice. By the way how many accounts do you hold with BoA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 219040)
Man, that's a downer. Paypal have done that to 'protect' themselves but say they are protecting you. Yes, quite a few users have encountered this. It's happened to US members, UK members and Australian members.

It's a sort of generic term. The unusual activity is the fact the names do not match.

As for a better bank, BOA are high on my list. BOA accomodate many users here. Consider a credit union as well.
Hope you manage to resolve the problem quickly :peace:

ShadyOne 04-13-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

I had two different online banks. And all the accounts had different names, addresses, phone #, ect.....
Got ya! Sorry for that.

I can't help with that then, I obviously do not use US banks. :noidea:

Good luck

GreenBean 04-13-2011 07:10 PM

@flipper I have x3 BOA accounts. Two are active & one is resting. :pop2:

IDK 04-13-2011 07:28 PM

I've never heard of these banks you used. Maybe PP hasn't either so it was probably easy to see the other 7 accounts all had the same bank with similar activity. Either that or you just plain got linked by something you did...

unkown5454 04-13-2011 11:06 PM

USAA is a beast of a company. Pa yP al ain't that clueless. They even blast commercials on TV plenty.