Paypal now requires fixed IP for all sellers ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-02-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Paypal now requires fixed IP for all sellers ?

I have a business account in Paypal with my real info.
Recently whenever I log into it, I cannot see my recent transactions until I made a call to paypal and they did something so I can see them all ..... I asked Paypal several times already, they said to me because my IP is changing all the time and their system require fixed IP for sellers to check transactions ?

The transactions in my business account are not from eBay, they come from my own web sites.

Today, I asked paypal again, and they confirm to me, Yes , all sellers in Paypal are required to have fixed IP to access their Paypal transactions ?

Do you believe this ? I cannot believe my own ears !!!
Do you guys have the same issue with Paypal, how did you go around this ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2011

Longevity: 84%

That's new to me, my ip changes every time I login to paypal, were you using a VPN or something?
Old 05-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Cobblers! How could users with dynamic IPs have a fixed one? Like the bluntz asked, are you using a VPN.
Actually I'm going to bet you are in Asia & using one of those West Coast companies that say the IP is 'cool'. Problem is that so many other sellers in Asia have done the same. You are not really in the USA are you:

Unless it is written by paypal in their T&S then it's some idiot giving half-baked info. Not feasible to make such a requirement.
Old 05-02-2011

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
How could users with dynamic IPs have a fixed one?
By fixed they may mean one that's not constantly changing. Even if you have a dynamic IP it should not be changing unless you are unplugging the modem or forcing a change. PP may start considering sellers high risk if they believe the IP is being changed on purpose. Something to keep an eye on indeed.
Old 05-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I disagree. It's going to depend on how the ISP configures the IP. EG, all of my IP numbers are 111.1111.xx, then at next sign on 111.1111.yy etc etc. Provided I have everything the same, there's no problems from paypal.

The OP has a really different problem but he has not told the full facts here
Old 05-02-2011
Threadstarter  

No, I am not using any VPN, I am using my cell phone tethering.
I can do this fine with all my other Paypal stealth accounts, but not this one my real account. I am not using my real account to do any eBay business though.

I specifically asked Paypal , Is the fixed IP requirement for non-eBay accounts only, they reply "No, this is the requirement for every Paypal sellers"

I know this is bull, but I have discussed this issue with 4 different Paypal reps on different days already, they all said the same thing.

I know this is not true because I am using tethering on other paypal accounts with no issue, just wondering if you guys ever have this issue with Paypal before and how did you overcome this ?
Old 05-03-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post
No, I am not using any VPN, I am using my cell phone tethering.
I can do this fine with all my other Paypal stealth accounts, but not this one my real account. I am not using my real account to do any eBay business though.

I specifically asked Paypal , Is the fixed IP requirement for non-eBay accounts only, they reply "No, this is the requirement for every Paypal sellers"

I know this is bull, but I have discussed this issue with 4 different Paypal reps on different days already, they all said the same thing.

I know this is not true because I am using tethering on other paypal accounts with no issue, just wondering if you guys ever have this issue with Paypal before and how did you overcome this ?
Yeah that sounds like bull, I use tethering myself, sounds like they might have linked your real account somehow but don't have enough evidence yet, seeing as you can login fine to all your stealth accounts, so they may be using the fixed ip thing as an excuse for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
lyl797 (05-03-2011)
Old 05-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi, Greenbean

I am in USA , CA actually .. Although I do business with Asia people, but I station here, in USA ... :-)

This is so bull and so far seeing you guys are doing tethering fine with no issue, I will just keep tethering into all my palpal accounts until something burst out then I will just create new accounts. After all, for now, eBay business is the main thing for me, I don't really use my real paypal account much anyway.

Just want to let you know what I heard from Paypal ... cautious ...everyone !!