Trying to keep current model - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-05-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Trying to keep current model

I didn't know how to properly word the title, but basically, I was trying to figure out a way to make the way I buy and sell on ebay stay the same using the stealth guide and after reading through it, I still don't know how to make it work.

I buy and sell action figures, it doesn't make much profit a year, maybe 15k max, but it's enough that it covers everything we need and without it we'd be in a bad spot. International buyers were using the first class mail international scam on me frequently enough that my account was limited, and while mulling over whether to drop all of my international selling (which was 70% of my sales), ebay dropped me first. (and no priority was not an option, these are lighter, low cost items. Tried to demand priority only for a couple months for internationals and my sales dropped to almost nothing)

90% of what I buy, I buy in collections on ebay. So whatever address I use for the stealth account, I have to be able to receive items from that address. I don't have any family able to do that for me and I live out in farmland so there's no neighbors I know close enough to let me do that either. I don't know how I can keep up the buying and selling without a receivable address.

When I setup a new paypal account I'll be putting in a new paypal debit card. I'm sure everyone here will find that to be the spawn of satan, but I couldn't function the way I was buying or selling without it. So my question is, is the information I would give to the bank for the debit card be logged as a flag to my new account tying it to the old? My new card would have different social and name than the old card, but the new social would be one that I would have used on a previous ebay account years ago but never on the paypal account.

Finally, with outside sales sites (amazon, ebid, ecrater) are those going to flag my account when I switch paypal accounts on them. To clarify, when my paypal account sees that they received a payment from ebid for example, do they know which username it's coming from and if that's the case when they see that user switches paypal accounts, would I be flagged?

Thanks for any info you can give, after looking over the forums and the guide, I'm thankful for all the info you guys have out there, but I just needed some extra clarifications given that I do things a little differently selling used action figures.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

new social would be one that I would have used on a previous ebay account years ago but never on the paypal account. - potential link there in spite of time passed.

Don't see much problems but of course I don't see much info about how you plan to set up the account. Really try HARD to keep everything new.

Ask away - experienced folx will chime in.
Old 05-05-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%

My parents live 20 miles away and I just got permission to use their address so that's one strike down. Despite the added distance to pick them up, I guess it's worth the hassle.

As to that old account. It's about 5 years old. Were we even required to use social security numbers on paypal back around 2005-2006? It might not even be an issue.

Finally, if I use my parents address, my middle name is the same as my father's name. So if I just switch my first and last name with the new address will that be able to cover it for me if I use my social security number?