eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Selling on EBay UK from Thailand, Bank Account Qs (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/31829-selling-ebay-uk-thailand-bank-account-qs.html)

EvilGonzo 05-25-2011 06:24 PM

Selling on EBay UK from Thailand, Bank Account Qs

OK so I wish to sell some clothing in the UK, I have friends I send stock too who then forward items to the customer so it looks like the goods originated in the UK. However im getting a headache trying to figure out the best way to create my stealth accounts.

I can get VCC and multiple Thai bank accounts no problem, however Paypal UK only accepts UK banks, but if I open a Thai paypal account then my address will be Thailand in Paypal and EBay so my EBay account will show my location as Thailand which is not what I want.

Im trying to have a UK based paypal and ebay account but eventually withdraw money into my thai accounts, is this even possible? Are there other better options available? Im assuming a Thai paypal account and a uk ebay account using thai/uk addresses respectively wont last long?

GrannyT 05-26-2011 04:18 AM

Surely you just need a partner to work with in the UK? I would have thought that was quite straightforward
:pop2:

EvilGonzo 05-26-2011 08:12 AM

I have a partner n the UK to handle posting goods but they are not involved any further..I was hoping to have a thai bank associated with my paypal for ease of opening accounts/withdrawls, I know of some other people doing something similar however they refuse to divulge how they do it.

GrannyT 05-26-2011 08:17 AM

Surely your UK partner can run the account from here and transfer the funds to Thailand - or am I reading this wrong?
:pop2:

rsot 05-26-2011 10:04 AM

When it comes to money, business associates can get strained. That being said, best bet would be to get a UK-based IP - ask your friend if you can do a remote log-in to his PC maybe - while I cannot recommend VPNs or other services (partly because I have no experience and partly from what I have learned around here), it is worth a shot to get some kind of a IP.

EvilGonzo 05-26-2011 01:46 PM

I have access to multiple VPNs on separate IP blocks and companies. The hiding your location details (IP, cookies etc etc) I am experienced in but im new to the workings of ebay/paypal.

I can get multiple bank accounts in Thailand that come with free visa VCC but before I go creating lots of accounts and start selling I want to be as clear as I can be in regards to keeping the accounts active and being able to withdraw funds.

My main concern is having a UK ebay account (so the buyer doesn't know im Thai based) and a Thai paypal account linked, wouldn't this be an instant red flag? My UK bank account options are less plentiful. While the Thai VCC are re-loadable it seems both paypal in the UK and Thailand don't allow withdraws to them.

My apologies if this all seems a bit rambling. :doh:

Stigger 05-27-2011 10:49 AM

You could just get your friend to add there bank account to verify PP and never use it. Just transfer funds to thiland accounts, it could appera as if you using the money to buy your supplies.

Not sure how long it would last like that though.