eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   opening new bank acc online (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/31897-opening-new-bank-acc-online.html)

NotAHappyBunny 05-27-2011 03:46 PM

opening new bank acc online

hi

could anyone please advise.

I applied online for a natwest step acc - the pack has arrived.
But, i cant find anywhere what they want me to send.
Do they want me to give them my actual drivers licence - in a crappy pre-paid envelope?

I'd much prefer to open accounts online as I get a bit tongue tied when im up to no good :redface: but i am very unsure about sending that piece of id through the post.

many thanks :yar:

oompaloompa 05-27-2011 04:48 PM

give them a call, if you really cannot find address, some want real docs and some want copies in post, I would never send real docs, I would rather go to branch and show them if required.

NotAHappyBunny 05-27-2011 04:53 PM

i suppose i could send it recorded delivery - but then they would not give me the same return service.

Im just a bit worried as they will prob be able to see that i have very recently opened another acc, so it would be great to be able to open it without speaking to a human.

:yar:

ShadyOne 05-27-2011 05:18 PM

Just sign the application form and send it back to them. I don't think they are asking your for anything.

On a side note, don't send originals with freepost if you need to in the future, I wouldn't personally never send my 'original' ID in the post full stop.

But yeah, sign the form and send it back. Leave the ID etc

ShadyOne 05-27-2011 05:27 PM

Just realised this is a NatWest Step, they have almost certainly verified you by electronic verification. So just sign the form and send it back using the freepost envelope.

You will receive your welcome pack, online banking details, debit card, pin number etc all within the next 2 weeks. Not all at the same time though :p

NotAHappyBunny 05-27-2011 05:36 PM

ok thanks ill give that a go.
Makes sense as when i visited the coop this week and opened an acc, they didnt even ask to see my id - just asked me lots of questions.

ps: have you seen my thread about the coop new acc opening shady? Id apperciate your input as I know you are familiar.

Many Thanks & Much Love :yar:

oompaloompa 05-27-2011 05:40 PM

excellent shady,

if they are not asking for docs, then why send them duh oomp..

must be new thing, I have always been asked for docs UNLESS there was another account in my name with that bank or group of banks..

NAHB, you dont want to talk to human? dont worry, your ebay and paypal are just in your 'business name' think of it that way. If you give good service and people are happy
then whats the problem. Oh yes ebay once banned you, so what, who died and made them emperor...

ShadyOne 05-27-2011 06:03 PM

Yeah on phoning eBay/PayPal, I used to be the same, what I did was when I first opened my first lot of stealth accounts. I phoned them up straight away for stuff like "My account won't verify", "I can't access my account", "I cannot list anything on eBay" etc lol

I don't do this anymore, I just did it with my first set of stealth accounts just to get over the 'phobia' of phoning up about a stealth account. Them accounts are still running smoothly :p