Do you guys make your accounts before or after you are PP verified? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Do you guys make your accounts before or after you are PP verified?

I made 5 new eBay accounts as well as PP accounts yesterday. I liked all 5 pp accounts with different bank accounts so they did the "wait 3 days for the deposit" thing. I linked all 5 pp accounts with the new ebay accounts BEFORE the deposits went in and I was able to verify the account, and I noticed that all 5 accounts were hit with the 10 item limit before i even listed a single item.

Is this a coincidence or should I wait until PP accounts are verified before creating new eBay accounts from now on?

Old 06-05-2011

Longevity: 73%

I believe all new PERSONAL accounts are getting the 10 item limit
Old 06-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Right but I opened up the paypal accounts as premiere accounts. Ebay doesn't have an option to open a business account until after you've already registered unless I'm mistaken. Care to elaborate?
Old 06-05-2011
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,861 Posts
Activity: 95%
Longevity: 90%

If I recall, you can choose between premier and business acc when you register.
So either they change the options or you may have gone too fast in clicking he options
Since you are used to making them a certain way.
Old 06-05-2011

I'm not sure how it works in the US but on the forums there have been many posts to the effect that personal accounts get a 10 listing limit and business accounts get a 100 listing limit. My own unsubstantiated view is that this is their way of handling ste alth in that it is going to take you 90 days to get to the point where you can go barmy with it. Personally I believe it is aimed at stopping the VERO and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff - we as a group have been too successful and they are looking at new ways to clamp us down.

From some of the postings in the last two weeks they are starting to show some degree of success I feel.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
colt63 (06-05-2011)
Old 06-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
If I recall, you can choose between premier and business acc when you register.
So either they change the options or you may have gone too fast in clicking he options
Since you are used to making them a certain way.
Right that's for paypal. I always made premiere because I thought that you would get the 100 limit. But since you can't choose a business account during ebay registration it appears that I'd have to open a business paypal account first right?
Old 06-06-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

It seems to me that the best way to do it is like someone who never used ebay before would do - open an eb account, do a bit of browsing, buy something then when you go to pay set up a ppal account that way.

Keep it as a personal, start listing a couple of items, then when you are over your 90 days turn everything into business - act like you have sold a few things, realised how much you can sell, and decided to make a go of it.

Think back to the very first eb account you ever had (mine was a good 10 years ago now!) - what did you do then? I know they have changed all the rules since then, but people are still people - i bought a few things first, then when i realised how simple it was started clearing out some of my old stuff i didnt want anymore - books, cds, clothes, dvd, stuff like that. It took me a while to think of selling for a living - not that i am at the moment but hope to be again soon thanks to the stealth guide - i made a living on eb for a good 6 years before they shut me down and ruined my life, but hopefully things will be back to normal soon!
Old 06-06-2011

Longevity: 77%

If your serious about making a living i would always recommend inventing in building a website as well as using eby.

just don't use PP to take payments on your websites if you put as much work into that you will reap the rewards and theres more profit as you not paying some of the fee's associated with selling on eby

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 06-06-2011

What a clever young man you are Daz. Your time here has not been wasted. Take 10 housepoints and go to the top of the class. You are now a stealth master!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Daz (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Why thank you GT, i appreciate that.
I am doing my best, looking forward to a brighter future with the help of the stealth guide and everyone on the forums
Old 06-07-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Tizwoz - cheers fo rthe advice. I do have a website, and am using a totally seperate ppal account for that - i tried not using it at all, but moneybookers are pretty useless, have got google checkout but no-one has used yet, everyone prefers ppal because it is so easy to use - much as we all hate them, they seem to be a neccessary evil in the world of web sales!

One thing i am struggling with is traffic to the site, always used to send repeat customers from eb there in the past, am getting a small trickle from that but nowhere near enough!

If anyone has some good ideas about traffic generation and SEO, which seems to be a total minefield, i am all ears!!!
Old 06-07-2011
Threadstarter  

I wish I knew how to make a website >_>
Old 06-07-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

there's a fantastic solution available in the Uk, called ekm powershop, who i use - Ecommerce Software | Ecommerce Websites | ekmPowershop it's 19.99 a month plus vat, and that includes shop templates, hosting, domain name, everything - if you can use eb then you can use them!

There will be similar e-commerce solutions avai;lable in the us, if you are serious about doing a site then this is a great way forward - you can do it cheaper if you get your own domain name, hosting and design the site yourself, but that's if you know how to do it - i don't, which is why i use ekmpowershop
Old 06-07-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
there's a fantastic solution available in the Uk, called ekm powershop, who i use - Ecommerce Software | Ecommerce Websites | ekmPowershop it's 19.99 a month plus vat, and that includes shop templates, hosting, domain name, everything - if you can use eb then you can use them!

There will be similar e-commerce solutions avai;lable in the us, if you are serious about doing a site then this is a great way forward - you can do it cheaper if you get your own domain name, hosting and design the site yourself, but that's if you know how to do it - i don't, which is why i use ekmpowershop
Or you can also get one for free through Business Link

Goto the website they were dong free website names etc to encourage new business startups

Hope it helps
Old 06-07-2011
Threadstarter  

AGH! I just made a brand new account and linked it to a business verified paypal account (didnt have a credit card thought) and it STILL started with the 10 item limit! Wtf am I doing wrong here!?!?

Last edited by Giardino; 06-07-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2011

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
If anyone has some good ideas about traffic generation and SEO, which seems to be a total minefield, i am all ears!!!
Hi

You will need to stretch your creative writing skills - blogs, hubs, articles.
Find DoFollow linking sites - i think utube is a good one - make some related video's, ads and put them up.

I'm going to be honest - it's a nightmare. There is so much to consider, it's a huge and time-consuming strategy, which will also greatly depend on your market competiton.

Try a Google search - SEO, SEM advice, tutorials for beginners and find the most recent sources as this area changes very quickly - what works today will probably not have no where near the same weight in a few months.

How much control do you have over your website's design - can you alter the code or is it a template?

The Following User Says Thank You to NotAHappyBunny For This Useful Post:
Daz (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Hi Bunny,
thanks for the info - i need to make some time to do all this stuff it seems!
Yes, the site is a template, but there are all sorts of other options and the suport team is really good - if you can offer me any advice on altering code etc it would be appreciated, and i can phone support and find out how to do it! I dont really wanna post the link on here, but if you fancy taking a look and can offer any advice i cam pm you the url - let me know

I have been looking into making money online away from eb ever since they shut me down, and it really is a minefield - i have this one website which sells actual products, which i had before, but i also started looking into affiliate marketing, while there is money to be made with that it is a real minefield and there seems to be a lot of competition, plus a lot of other stuff to learn, i bought 2 or 3 cheap pre-designed sites (amazon astores) from eb but havent really done much with them apart from paying the hosting etc. I need to work on traffic generation big-time!

I also started a wordpress blog with the intention of doing clickbank links, getting adwords put on etc, but was playing about with that the other night and i have screwed it up - it just shows a blank page now when i try and go to the site, so taking a few days off that with frustration!

I know i am wandering off topic now, sorry guys, i do tend to ramble, any advice is as always greatly appreciated!