Listings removed & ebay's reactions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Listings removed & ebay's reactions

I had 4 auctions for 4 items I was selling about 3 days ago. All 4 ended with handling times of up to 4 days. Granted they were moderate risk items, I do have over 60 feedback so I didn't think that anything would go wrong.

Today I get an email from ebay saying that all 4 listings, which already ended days ago, have been removed due to copyright/trademark violations dealing with redistribution of X product without Y's permission. Now one buyer opened a case because apparently when that happens eBay emails all the buyers and tells them NOT to pay for my items!

I have emailed all of the buyers explaining that I bought all 4 of the product legitimately at a store and they are mine, still sealed, and am hoping that it will curb any further cases from being opened, but idk =/

Thoughts?

Old 06-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Typical eb ay - causing trouble by informing the buyers - this is actually not new =( eb has done this whenever listings are pulled. Annoying? Yes. Business destruction? Yes. Not much to do but avoid that listing or get Y's permission.
Old 06-13-2011
Threadstarter  

But its my niche T_T lol. *Sigh*
Old 06-13-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

they do that to everyone when they get listings removed and suspend accounts - yo uthen get a flood of freeloaders who have had their goods and see a way of keeping them and get their money back!
people sure like to kick you when you are down!
Old 06-13-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giardino View Post
I do have over 60 feedback so I didn't think that anything would go wrong.
Why did you think having 60 feedback would allow you to list Vero's items and nothing would go wrong!

But yeah, this happens a lot after a seller's item/s have been flagged and have sold.
Old 06-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

If selling vero then print label as fast as possible. I try to do it within minutes. Only time I have ever had a ended vero auction item pulled was when the shipping label was not printed right away.

How long was it after auction that they pulled them on you?
Old 06-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
Why did you think having 60 feedback would allow you to list Vero's items and nothing would go wrong!

But yeah, this happens a lot after a seller's item/s have been flagged and have sold.
woah woah woah I didnt say that I think it would ALLOW me to do it and nothing would go wrong, im just saying the way I set it up made me very confident that everything would go smoothly :P. Slow your roll Shady XD

I printed the labels within 24 hours. Also, if I print the labels, what do you recommend I do about changing the return address? Rescan the label into my computer and photoshop it?
Old 06-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Why is ebay allowed to do this?? lol

You are not allowed to sell VERO items and you do so why are you mad?

People would have it made if you would just stop selling stuff that you are not supposed to sell. Its simple.

Do you REALLY know what VERO is or means?? it doesnt mean ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or that you didnt buy it in a legit way. It means you are not supposed to sell it according to the owner of the Rights.
Old 06-14-2011
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giardino View Post
I had 4 auctions for 4 items I was selling about 3 days ago. All 4 ended with handling times of up to 4 days. Granted they were moderate risk items, I do have over 60 feedback so I didn't think that anything would go wrong.

Today I get an email from ebay saying that all 4 listings, which already ended days ago, have been removed due to copyright/trademark violations dealing with redistribution of X product without Y's permission. Now one buyer opened a case because apparently when that happens eBay emails all the buyers and tells them NOT to pay for my items!

I have emailed all of the buyers explaining that I bought all 4 of the product legitimately at a store and they are mine, still sealed, and am hoping that it will curve any further cases from being opened, but idk =/

Thoughts?
This happened to me 1 week ago in a over 100% feedback account. Ebay sucks!
Old 06-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Stop selling stuff that is so risky and the problem will be solved.

why does everyone insist on selling VERO items? Its just a troubled mess you will be dealing with.

I dont sell VERO items and I am smooth sailing with NONE of the problems you guys have. Its not worth it at all.
Old 06-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Im starting to stray away as I have found a niche that seems to be promising.
Old 06-14-2011
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Stop selling stuff that is so risky and the problem will be solved.

why does everyone insist on selling VERO items? Its just a troubled mess you will be dealing with.

I dont sell VERO items and I am smooth sailing with NONE of the problems you guys have. Its not worth it at all.
How about you tell us what you sell then and I can get into that market. Lol dont tell me to search or sorry can't tell you. I'll keep looking though, but for the moment I'll keep selling this.
Old 06-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

It is NOT against the rules to sell an items that falls under eBay's VERO program. But if the rights owner doesn't like it, they can ask eBay to remove your auctions, and they will.

VERO does not mean counterfeit or illegal. If the item is legitimate, it is perfectly legal to sell it.

Some VERO members are jerks and abuse the program. They would prefer that none of their products ever ended up on eBay. Others don't care and rarely cause problems.

The trick is, you need to find out if the VERO member for the product you want to sell will allow it or not. If not, move on. You COULD try to fight it, but they are holding all the cards right now, so good luck.

VERO = VErified Rights Owner

Last edited by jeffweico; 06-14-2011 at 10:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (06-15-2011)
Old 06-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Better suggestion to a couple of replies here: STFU, lol, lol ,lol.

Too many assumptions being made.

Thumbs-up for a finding a niche. But research that niche so carefully, you tihnk you invented it.

Sharing what a user sells is their business & theirs alone.

Walk The Dark Side, prepare to fall.
Old 06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Some VERO members are jerks and abuse the program.
Power Balance LLC. Cough, Cough
Old 06-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It is NOT against the rules to sell an items that falls under eBay's VERO program. But if the rights owner doesn't like it, they can ask eBay to remove your auctions, and they will.

VERO does not mean counterfeit or illegal. If the item is legitimate, it is perfectly legal to sell it.

Some VERO members are jerks and abuse the program. They would prefer that none of their products ever ended up on eBay. Others don't care and rarely cause problems.

The trick is, you need to find out if the VERO member for the product you want to sell will allow it or not. If not, move on. You COULD try to fight it, but they are holding all the cards right now, so good luck.

VERO = VErified Rights Owner
I hate that we have to mention this 24/7 :(

People really need to stop classifying legit VeRO resellers with the trash that so many n00bs keep posting. There is a major difference.
Old 06-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
I hate that we have to mention this 24/7 :(

People really need to stop classifying legit VeRO resellers with the trash that so many n00bs keep posting. There is a major difference.
VeRO = eBay's Verified Rights Owner's program. Anyone who owns a trademark or copyright may become a member. The major benefit of joining is that it makes it easier to remove any listings containing infringing material, including counterfeit merchandise.

Counterfeit = an imitation, usually one that is made with the intent of fraudulently passing it off as genuine.

There is a major difference between the two. It is a mistake to use the term VERO as a code word for COUNTERFEIT.

Many users here who have never sold a counterfeit item have had prolems with VERO members removing their auctions anyway. And that is why it is controversial. A VERO member does not have to prove anything to have an auction removed. This creates a problem for sellers of legitimate items.
Old 06-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/13...ease-read.html

read and learn.