If you close your seller account & reopen it will your ratings still be there/reset? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default If you close your seller account & reopen it will your ratings still be there/reset?

Ok, I have been having trouble with some of my ebay accounts (majority) with the new seller performance rules and expectations. I got a few of those emails saying you have a certain amount of time to get your ratings and such up to meet seller performance regulations or your selling account will be limited/closed. Well I worked like crazy got my ratings up...for example on one account I had something like a 99.1% and 4.6 stars. I got it up to 99.9% and 4.8 stars in all categories and I still got that darn dreaded email stating that my selling account is closed/limited and I will no longer be able to sell on ebay any more. I still have my ebay account and buying account but no longer will be able to list any items.

Ok whatever, the power of stealth accounts not too big a deal except for the fact that they were all NO LIMITS on how many items so that sucks.

Anyway my dad has his own account, no vero or anything like that he sells all legit stuff laying around the house. He doesnt sell much at all his account is around 3yrs and he only has lets say around 39 feedback all positive 100%. Problem is his stars are low. Especially his shipping handling one. He tells me well it costs $.99 to ship it but it took me almost an hour to pack it and get it ready so my handling fee was $5.....hysterical anyway. His stars were fine until he got this obnoxious buyer, they left him 1's down the board. Well he got this email from ebay saying he has to get his performance up or he is loosing his seller account.

So long story not so short my question is.....
1) If he closes his seller account now, before they take it from him. And waited say 30 days or more to reopen it would his old ratings from the closed seller account be there? Or would they be reset?

I suggested to him just closing the account altogether before they took his selling privileges because in a month or so he can just re register another account with his info. But like I said his account is years old, and it would probably be better for him to keep the age of it. So instead of closing the whole account what about just the seller account??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by livelifewild; 07-14-2011 at 10:05 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Why don't you tell him to cool off on the big sales with his eb ay account - sell cheap things for good feedback and make side stealth accounts (build them and start using them to move). Then when main seller account is clear up on dsr, you can restart a cleaner business model.

This close and re-open stuff is bs and could cause you headaches a lot more - unless...is his account Id verified?
Old 07-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes his account is id verified....he has even called ebay and paypal over the years to bull sh$t with them about things he didnt like and he has kept his account. He doesnt sell high dollar items. Occasionally he sells like 10 listings at a time....like baseball cards , stamps....he had THOUSANDS of unused stamps he got from his mother...so on. I think his stars being so low around 4.2 he wont be able to recover from it.

He is not interested in doing stealth accounts, thats the whole reason why he asked me about this. He said he doesnt want to be running and dodging ebay and paypal his whole life like me lmao!

He had a good account its just the last few things he sold he in my opinion as well charged too much for shipping and handling and his last few buyers didnt like it too much and left him 1 and 2's
Old 07-15-2011
Threadstarter  

So that was why my main question was if he voluntarily closes his seller account waits 1-2 months and then decides HEY I WANT TO SELL AGAIN and re opens his seller account will his old ratings still be there or will they start new...since it is technically a new seller account since the old one was closed
Old 07-16-2011

NO, when you closed your account everything gone just after the click (even you pull the power from you pc after you click the closed button)
Old 07-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I know this is your Dad. But we dont like doing third party advice. Unless you get your Dad to read each answer himself, he is going to make a BIG mistake following your advice.

An ebay account should never be closed. Once it gets closed, it finishes its life and therefore its usage.

Be careful of your actions from now to maintian your Dad's account