Urgent help needed please! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Urgent help needed please!

Hi Guys

Justa quick one, i have a rights owner wanting to know were i purchased my items from? do i have to give them this information by law? or can i say i cant due to privacy laws etc..

Basically i have sold a few items and the rights owner has purchased one but i have told them this is my own item and i no longer want to sell it and if they need to verify the item they can do (i have purchased this direct from them so its genuine!)

The rights owner has got back to me and said

"will you mind me asking who your seller is? were they from ...kfhf@vv or jdhdhdj@mm or am azon?"

any help on the above will be much appreciated!

Thanks for all the help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What do you mean?

You are alleging you purchased from them. WTfudge would they want a seller's info?

Provided you have receipts tell them that....provided that matches your story...provided that's the case
Old 08-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What do you mean?

You are alleging you purchased from them. WTfudge would they want a seller's info?

Provided you have receipts tell them that....provided that matches your story...provided that's the case
sorry let me explain.. I have purchased one item from A MAZON directly from the rights owner but its fullfilled by a mazon.

I have some v ero copys on sale on febay and they were selling well, the reason i purchased the genuine item is incase i ran in to this problem!

So i have now told the right owner my items were genuine from a genuine supplier etc and i have my own personal copy if they need to verify anything...

I think when the rights owner purchased the item i should have sent it out rather than saying its not for sale... but then i didnt want them to keep an eye on me and get another buyer to buy on there behalf and screw me!

Now they have asked for my supplier info and i want to know do i need to give this info by law? as i have already told them they can check my copy no problem but they havent asked...
Old 08-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

FFS.

febay?

vErO

Forget the legal angle. Barking up the wrong tree with that.

So you did ALL this talking to the VeRo rights people, mucked up your story. And would like to know what to do now?

Pity you flogged vErO in the 1st instance and a BIGGER pity you opened your mouth in the way you did.

They know you are BSing them. Now if it's a real narky thing for them they will go after you.
THEN you knew that already. Come clean, move on and stop selling dogy items.
Old 08-10-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

I would just ignore them. Dont give them anymore responses. Think of it as an interrogation by some detectives. Keep your mouth closed. Just leave the account alone and move on to a new one, with a new name, and location.

It may depend on how many you have sold and if the account is in your real info, before you start worrying about them coming after you. But either way, like I said, just scratch it and hope for the best man.

Since your selling on Amazon, I cant imagine that youve sold 100 of them, probably just a few on that one account, correct?
Old 08-10-2011
Threadstarter  

i know my bad..im gonna tell them were im purchased them from and i was told they were the real deal and the seller is no longer on the website i purchsed it from and apologies..

thats all i can do
Old 08-10-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreme_01 View Post
i know my bad..im gonna tell them were im purchased them from and i was told they were the real deal and the seller is no longer on the website i purchsed it from and apologies..

thats all i can do
Me personally, I think thats a bad idea. In my opinion, it would be like getting arrested for having sex with a minor and telling the cops you thought she was over 18, even if you really did. But guess what? You still get charged with a sex crime, have to register as a sex offender, and still end up in prison.

If you go with your story, do not mention how many you have sold or get into any details. I can almost guarantee that they will keep emailing you trying to get more and more information from. So that way they can send you a bill for how much you owe them for reimbursements. Which they will probably want the retail value of each item if they were retail. Also, there are many people out there that have played the same role. Telling companies (BeachBody, Disney, Nike, etc.) that they didnt know they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Because obviously, theres 100s if not 1000s of people out there selling counterfeit items, especially when these companies know they are on the top of the list of counterfeit items. They never believe them and then end up sueing them.

You could ask lawyers at JustAnswer.com

Last edited by xdirc; 08-10-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2011

Longevity: 73%

7 years ago, when I listed a VERO item, it was taken off without a word from the company. I was sent a message from Ebay that if I had proof of the authenticity, I could contact the company and work it out. Never did the company contact me personally. I think they are way too busy for all that with all the VERO items listed now days (Am I wrong?...Things could be different now) Are you sure it is not your competition? I've never heard of a company buying an item for this reason. It has been 7 years since I have been questioned, so I am curious..Any answers from forum members would be appreciated! =)
Old 08-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
7 years ago, when I listed a VERO item, it was taken off without a word from the company. I was sent a message from Ebay that if I had proof of the authenticity, I could contact the company and work it out. Never did the company contact me personally. I think they are way too busy for all that with all the VERO items listed now days (Am I wrong?...Things could be different now) Are you sure it is not your competition? I've never heard of a company buying an item for this reason. It has been 7 years since I have been questioned, so I am curious..Any answers from forum members would be appreciated! =)
hi yes i think it has changed alot since...this is the company themselves under their own brand name what they use for their user name and its a very hot product....
Old 08-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Just ignore and move on.