Is address revealed to Paypal or not when buying from NONEbay site - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Is address revealed to Paypal or not when buying from NONEbay site

I have a specific question that I am sure may have been answered before but I cant find answer in a search.

Is it safe to buy from a NON Ebay site using my paypal account[ that has stealth address details]. Obviously The item I would be buying from this website will be shipping to my genuine address however I wonder if the paypal 'system' will do an address match to the whatever I enter on the website 'ship to' address ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Yes any address you enter into paypal whether it be alternate address, gift address, etc will/can be matched. If you are buying from a website send them an email and try to get them to send to your real address.

More than likely they have their own shipping software and wont use paypal shipping labels.

The reason I say that is because when you email them with different addresses sometimes the seller just inputs the address change in paypal and hoses you without knowing the damage.
Old 08-20-2011
Threadstarter  

King Ray,

I am not sure you understood me. I would NOT be entering any new address details in Paypal. I WOULD be entering my proper shipping address in the shipping address shopping cart of the website I am buying from.

I guess I am wondering if the sellers shopping cart can/will pass my real shipping address over to the paypal system for comparison or will the seller do a comparison of my real address and paypal address.
Old 08-20-2011

Longevity: 76%

If you want to get stuff shipped to your address, in pp/eb, just add a ship to address, making sure you slightly change it, so maybe on 1st line have a minor spelling error etc.

As you are purchasing from non eb site, you can email seller before hand and explain you want shipped to different address. I have found many website have the option at final checkout of shipping to different address......

..... the problem with this though is as above poster has mentioned.

I feel safest way is to change address slightly. Working for me for over 6 months.

Also, there is always the option of not logging in pp and buying via a card.

Look into it and choose the best option for you - good luck.
Old 08-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by apconcen View Post
King Ray,

I am not sure you understood me. I would NOT be entering any new address details in Paypal. I WOULD be entering my proper shipping address in the shipping address shopping cart of the website I am buying from.

I guess I am wondering if the sellers shopping cart can/will pass my real shipping address over to the paypal system for comparison or will the seller do a comparison of my real address and paypal address.
If you enter your proper address on a website AND use paypal as the method of payment, then I have found that address to turn up in paypal. (Much to my horror). WORSE, I took time to ask the seller to send to the nominated address. Did not happen. Nothing bad happened except there's an address on paypal now I would rather not be there. 99% sure the reason was they used paypal labels for shipping
KingRay (08-21-2011)
Old 08-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you all especially Green, You have exactly answered the answer of what I was thinking. I dont want to go into paypal and change anything as that can throw up a flag. I am also sure the website will ship to the address as per their shopping cart but it looks like some of them will 'pass' [maybe via the shipping label system] the address on to the paypal system.
Old 08-21-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

I have a stealth account for ebay and paypal. I went to walmart online and bought through that stealth paypal and when the payment was cleared I went to the paypal stealth and looked up the transaction page and my real address was there. So yes it is revelead to paypal. Hope that helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
KingRay (08-21-2011)
Old 08-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

So thats 3 of so of us saying that it can show up so dont take the chance.

Your only option is to misspell your address enough to where paypal doesn't see the resemblance and the pkg will still get delivered

Its not hard

Joe blow
123 breeze lane
dallas TX. 67543

example of how you can change it.

B Joseph
132 Breezway st
dallas TX 67543 or something like 67345

Either way my point is if its similar it will get changed with a marker on the package itself by a PO clerk. I get them often since I use a neighbors address. They all come to me with the address marked out with a sharpy and a my address marked in place of it.