eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorised Listing Content (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/35737-mc019-ebay-listing-removed-copyright-violation-unauthorised-listing-content.html)

jimsters 08-24-2011 06:51 AM

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorised Listing Content

hi

i got 2 items pulled by an MC019 yesterday.
they are not f@ke or copies in any way. it seems they got pulled for similar photo or item description.

i have not copied photos or lising info so what should i do?
i actually wrote all the description myself

the photo is a generic photo, so if i get an actual photo and watermark it with my username, then change the description a little do you think that will be fine?

here is a copy of the emial i got sent.
it seems ive been trageted by a competitor
i have checked and there seems to be one other seller using the exact same image and all his listing are up.
is there any way to tell if it was the image or the description?

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorised Listing Content

Thank you for your recent listing on eBay. Unfortunately, your item(s) breached one or more of our policies and had to be removed from the site. Any associated fees have been credited to your account and any bidders on this item have been notified.

Why did we remove your listing?

Members are not permitted to use another member's listing's text or images without that member's permission. Using another member's listing's image or item description may violate copyright laws. Images and text used in another member's listing may be protected by copyright law.

Therefore, you should not copy an image or text from another member's listing without obtaining permission to use that content. We encourage members to write their own item description and take their own photographs.

For more information visit the following Help page:

GreenBean 08-24-2011 06:55 AM

Should not have used a generic photo. That's a bit of ammo especially if you are selling in a category where there is competition. :pop2:

I hope by actual photo you mean your own, suitably prepared?

jimsters 08-24-2011 07:18 AM

hi, thanks
yes my own photo, with my own watermark on it so nobody can use it
it doesnt give the username of who reported me, pitty.

GreenBean 08-24-2011 07:22 AM

Muah. :spy: :spy: Would work for me ;)

slapped 08-24-2011 09:14 AM

Simply change the Photo with one that shows your Item along with YOUR Ebay Username in the Photo,,END of Story,,also Im Finding that using Ebay Stock Photos when available is VERY Helpful in avoiding this Violation Completly

UnderBites08 08-24-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 262322)
Simply change the Photo with one that shows your Item along with YOUR Ebay Username in the Photo,,END of Story,,also Im Finding that using Ebay Stock Photos when available is VERY Helpful in avoiding this Violation Completly

yeah i found with 4 trial accounts the ones that used pics from ebay and or originals with your user id next to the product all lasted!

BubbleTea 04-20-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderBites08 (Post 262326)
yeah i found with 4 trial accounts the ones that used pics from ebay and or originals with your user id next to the product all lasted!

You mean you have to watermark your user id on the photo?
I always post my own photos of actual product but without any watermark.
Is this ok?