PLEASE HELP! Bank account frozen and they need verification. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default PLEASE HELP! Bank account frozen and they need verification.

I am freaking out and need help. I have four separate accounts under my legal name with Capital One (two checking, two savings). Each one has a different Paypal account linked to it. The problem is, two paypal accounts are linked to aliases that don't exist (the person doesn't exist), and two Paypal accounts are friends names. They have restricted my account and when logging on to their site, can not view my banking information. I have called their CS but they want ID verification for those incoming deposits from each Paypal account. This is tens of thousands of $ tied up in my savings/checkings.

What can I do? Does Capital One have the power to withhold my entire savings and checking? Will they be able to deny me my funds ? This is my life we are talking about...

Can people please offer advice on how to handle this to get my account unfrozen. I am panicking and having anxiety attacks. Please help. Thank you in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2011

Longevity: 75%

First of all calm down...Nothing will be solved if you are nearly an heart attack so point a finger to your head and repeat: Focus!

(sorry but i decided to start funny to get things lighter on your side and for you to be able to receive any help from people here. Screaming for help on your very first thread wonīt help you at all)

Second, clarify a bit more. what accounts you cannot view your bank info? Pay pal or Capit al O Ne? Pay Pal restricted your account ? please clarify
Old 09-14-2011
Threadstarter  

There is nothing restricted in Paypal. I actually have the majority of the $$ moved from Paypal to the consolidated Cap One Bank account. Cap One has now denied me access to all of my checkings/savings accounts and want verification for the associated Paypal names attached to each aforementioned account. I can not view any of my account balances on Cap One online and customer service told me my account is on full restriction (no depositing/withdrawing).

Has anyone else experienced this before? The only reason I am panicking is I have my life savings tied to these four banking accounts on Cap One...
Old 09-14-2011

Longevity: 75%

Iīm not really the best person to answer you or advise you on this issue. For many reasons.

In Europe bank issues are resolved many times diferently than on US. But one thing i know. If the bank account is in your name and they have your ID and all the requested documents necessary to open an account they shouldnīt ask you for the provenience of the money at all. The only way they can do that is if the account is under serious investigation from a third party. In europe (or at least in my country is like this i donīt know if in US banks can hold funds asking the beneficiary the ID of the origin of the money transferred)

Letīs hope someone with more knowlegde reply or pm you about it. I understand your concerns and wonīt deny that itīs a serious situation but try to maintain calm please. Things will get sorted...
Old 09-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Clife, thank you for your responses. I would like to clarify that the bank is requesting the following things:

- SS Card
- Driver's License
- Utility Bill
- Each person (with each Paypal account, 4 total) to contact them and verify that they authorized to withdraw into my bank account

I have already taken care of steps 1-3, but as I mentioned, two of the paypal names are just aliases and then two are friend's accounts. One friend has already called in to confirm, but the other friend refuses to divulge any personal info (SS, DOB, etc.). I'm not sure how I can resolve the last part. I have no other source of funds besides everything that is sitting in these four accounts
Old 09-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I would open DBA for each one of those names and present that to the bank. You own them. Walk in like you are the boss and they are messing with your business. While you are at it... ask them to change those to business accounts...

Sounds good!?
Old 09-14-2011

Capital One won't allow deposit with different name.

Not work for stealth
Old 09-14-2011

Longevity: 76%

Yeah if you had bought the Stealth Book. Or browsed the forums you would of noticed that capital one is a no no
Old 09-14-2011
Threadstarter  

I'm sorry but I don't know how the last two responses were very helpful.

Has anyone gone through a similar process? Any ideas on how to solve the Paypal verification when the bank asks for it? I am really out of options. I did not know Cap One was on the restricted list until after buying the Stealth Book (last month)...
Old 09-15-2011

Read post number 6
Old 09-15-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Capital one is on the no no list? Howcome I have signed up for there prepaid cards and there doing fine receiving in a different name?

If your that desperate talk to a lawyer and see what can be done if you don't find another way.