eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Moving to my next step...need some help here please! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/3685-moving-my-next-step-need-some-help-here-please.html)

FrancisK 03-28-2008 03:52 AM

Moving to my next step...need some help here please!

I know I have been making a lot of threads but it is important for me to get everything right because I need my account to be bulletproof because I plan on eventually having an ebay store with over 1000 items, multiple accounts and things of that nature won't work well for me because I don't use auctions much and don't deal with high dollar items.

So on to the question......

So far....

1. Changed my IP and started using Firefox
2. Opened a box at the UPS for my new address
3. Obtained a new phone number and having it forwarded to my cell

Next step is a merchant account or paypal. I don't believe paypal will work for me because they will ask for my social security number. The thing I am stuck on is if I will get into trouble logging into my old paypal with my new IP. I still use my original paypal account for my website and other auction sites. I'm worried that if I am logging into my old paypal account with the IP address for my new ebay account it will get me into trouble.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Also the only thing I need to verify myself on ebay is the gift card correct? I don't need a new bank account for a merchant account or ebay correct?

Thank you in advance,
Frank

aspkin 03-28-2008 03:57 AM

I would think I would get in trouble too, for doing this. But it doesn't seem to matter to eBay. I'm guessing they're not linking in this way, Yet.

It would be good to access your old Paypal account from a new Ip if you can, but if not I haven't had any problems with an Ip of a new eBay account. No issues.

FrancisK 03-28-2008 04:18 AM

Thank you for the reply Aspkin.....

aspkin 03-28-2008 04:36 AM

A DBA is nice to have, but it isn't 100% required. Some people like them because of tax reasons, others you need a DBA for a merchant account, I use Merchant Plus without a DBA, but I'm just crafty like that. Most real merchant accounts require a DBA though. It all depends on what you want to do though.

twdell 03-28-2008 07:59 AM

DBAs are good to use if you have former ticked off customers and you do not want them to see who you are when paying.

ebaysucksthebigone 04-02-2008 09:03 AM

im confused, if he already has been previously suspended with his old paypal account linked to the old ebay account, wouldnt it link even if he has a new ip address with a new ebay account and he accesses his old paypal account with his new ip address ??? hope that makes sense...

cheers

aspkin 04-02-2008 10:00 PM

That's what he's asking, and I answered that already. Read:

Quote:

I would think I would get in trouble too, for doing this. But it doesn't seem to matter to eBay. I'm guessing they're not linking in this way, Yet.

It would be good to access your old Paypal account from a new Ip if you can, but if not I haven't had any problems with an Ip of a new eBay account. No issues.

Jonas 04-03-2008 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twdell (Post 33594)
DBAs are good to use if you have former ticked off customers and you do not want them to see who you are when paying.

You can actually lookup a DBA with the government, though.

When I made my DBA, I set it to my PO Box, but it had my real name on it look-up-able on a government website. My DBA information also went out to zillions of junk mailers, too, and likely ended up on public information sites, too. But the government didn't require a phone number.