eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Ups mailboxes (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/37286-ups-mailboxes.html)

UnderBites08 09-28-2011 10:07 PM

Ups mailboxes

I Know they work good being that they give you a actual address, But how many can you open? Anyone got any info on mailbox rentals?

Sandy D 09-28-2011 10:20 PM

Since they require your photo ID etc I would be careful with doing this.

Mine told me that I can get mail in my name and they need a photo ID of anyone else who would be receiving mail and picking up mail at this address.

cardfelon 09-28-2011 10:33 PM

You can get as many as you want. You would want to spread them out though so the addresses are different. If your in a small town that may be a problem though.

UnderBites08 09-29-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 273137)
Since they require your photo ID etc I would be careful with doing this.

Mine told me that I can get mail in my name and they need a photo ID of anyone else who would be receiving mail and picking up mail at this address.

I would assume it has to be in your name. But what about mail from another name coming in?

rsot 09-29-2011 09:42 AM

I too am wondering how they treat mail in other names

Sandy D 09-29-2011 10:01 AM

Mine told me that if any mail comes in with any name other then mine then I would need to provide a photo ID of that person or the mail will be returned.

USPS are independent owned so rules might vary. So I have tons of these stores around me so I went to a second one and the same thing.

cardfelon 09-29-2011 10:12 AM

Around here it is just like at the post office when you sign up for a account. There is a line to list mail coming into that box in other names. If you just put down a company name then they will allow the mail in whatever name you want. Company's don't have government id cards.

Clay Davis 09-29-2011 12:36 PM

I asked about adding an authorized name to pick up or receive mail and they wanted that person to come in with photo ID. Also my local one is a stickler about picking packages up within 48 hours or he charges 5 bucks a day. Also if I try to ship a 4 ounce package over seas at the ups store it is over $30 at post office only $6. Granted no tracking but wh cares on a 15 dollar item.

UnderBites08 09-29-2011 09:10 PM

I guess you could just browse the yellow pages for mailbox rentals

slapped 09-29-2011 09:21 PM

as far as UPS is Concerned it really depends on a Few Things.

1) if the store is owned by UPS Corporation Directly or a Franchisee
2) who Runs the store

Corporate stores Normally follow Corporate Rules which are Tighter, Unless the store is Run by a "Realxed" GM, but normally Not the case

Franchisee run stores are Usually owned and operated by "Home Grown" Local Types and there is a Much more "anything for the Customer" Feel,, I personally have dealt with Both Being from a Large Metropolitan area,,Franchisee owned is the way to go,,Most will even Sign for your DHL, Fedex or Whoever Shipments,,

UnderBites08 09-30-2011 10:28 AM

Small town and already have a relationship with the owner before Ebay Shafted me. Great post tho slapped

MikeyD 09-30-2011 12:39 PM

I've been using multiple UPS Stores for over 5 years (the same one for 6) and I routinely receive mail and packages for many different names and three different company names. It's never been an issue for me. The main location I use is extremely busy as well as the other locations I've used. I have my real name and business on the accounts and I'm not duping anybody except Paypal and Ebay. I'm not concerned that the UPS store has my info.

My experience is in a major urban area and there are probably 15 UPS stores within 5 miles of me. If you live in a major urban area, it's not uncommon for 3-5 people to share the same mailbox. Opening one in a busy urban location is highly recommended.

If your stuck opening one in a rural location or some suburb where the guy behind the counter is texting his BFF every time you walk in, seed it by establishing their trust and getting to know them. Start out by opening a company and receiving mail for your different names under the company name. For example:

Bob Smith
Acme T-Shirts
96 St. Marks Place #229
NY, NY 10012

Kenny Schlong
Acme T-Shirts
96 St. Marks Place #229
NY, NY 10012

After a while, you can receive mail and packages for Kenny and Bob without the company name. And after you've seeded the Ebay/Paypal accounts properly that they are up and running as seller accounts, you will no longer need the UPS Store. Close the mailbox.

I use it setup a pre-paid card for address verification and as a place to pickup the stuff I buy with a new stealth accounts to seed before selling. Maximize it. Setup a personal account and a business account for Ebay and Paypal at the same location to get your moneys worth.

rsot 09-30-2011 05:16 PM

Excellent post MikeyD - ever experiment with taking it up a notch to...96 St. Marks Place #229-A or #229-B or reverse (A-229 - B-229)? Just thinking out loud.

Sandy D 09-30-2011 10:56 PM

Excellent information!

Thanks for sharing as many will now be able to use your ideas.

For me, the ones around me wont touch it. They stick to the rules and wont bend a bit.

Hope others will be able to use your info.

Melissa1971 10-01-2011 01:32 AM

The UPS Store near us allows for two different names, two people can share a box. Not sure if both need a photo Id or not. It is owned by some foreigners

You have access to either their actual physical address and/or using the PO Box

You can also open one up here if you live outside the US but they want

something notarized then sent to them to ensure you are who you say you are

so in that situation you'd open the PO box up in your real name and I'd guess

no second Identity allowed (unless they lived nearby then that's surely ok)

UPS Stores here are hella pricey though compared to the area Post Offices