eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Unexpected troubles with bank (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/37361-unexpected-troubles-bank.html)

bigboy 09-28-2011 11:59 AM

Unexpected troubles with bank

i got a letter from rbs and natwest today regarding the closure of my accounts! they wouldnt give me a reason on why they were closing them, anyone else get one of these?

eBay King 09-28-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboy (Post 272927)
i got a letter from rbs and natwest today regarding the closure of my accounts! they wouldnt give me a reason on why they were closing them, anyone else get one of these?

(Sorry GT) but, bigboy, did you have any money in the accounts they shut? If yes, what are they doing with it?

Also, regarding that closure from RBS and Natwest sounds scary. Did you try and create them in a stealth manner?

Agreed, GT. Maybe adjust the title thread to bigboy takes over!!!

bigboy 09-28-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBay King (Post 273029)
Also, regarding that closure from RBS and Natwest sounds scary. Did you try and create them in a stealth manner?

Lol sorry GT...some of those accounts ive had for 10+ years all in my original name. They said that i would have to transfer the ramining funds to another account which i have done.

I think it may just be commercial decision, as i didnt have much money in the accounts and werent using them much.

Another odd thing though, is i cant use my TSB account, theyve asked me to bring in photographic evidence to my local branch.

bigboy 10-01-2011 06:39 AM

i just recieved a letter and now TSB want to close my account too due too "concerns"???

something fishy going on here, do you think it may be due to the fact that ive been applying for bank accounts one after another?

or some theif has taken my identity and took out loans etc on my name???

GreenBean 10-01-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboy (Post 272927)

You have your own thread now ;)

OK, so what you say in this post is different from what rbs/natwest turned around and did. They have the right to get customers to regroup their banking accounts. Have you spoken to either bank to get an explanation?

Now as for the last bank,TSB, I would suggest you immediately check your own credit file. Make sure everything is in order.

Really important to keep up to date with this....

I'm not sure what types of accounts you have opened. Check your credit report.
Get the facts. We can't say as you have access to your own records.
To set your own mind at rest, speak to the banks to get the exact reasons.
:juggle:

bigboy 10-01-2011 07:16 AM

i spoke to rbs, they said the bank wouldnt give a reason. I Havent spoken to Natwest as they are part of the RBS Group and most likeley would recieve the same response. I thought these closures may be due to the accounts being inactive for some time, but then i recieved this letter from TSB today!

TSB, i havent spoken to them yet about the closure but spoke to them about the block on my account 2 days ago, but i was asked to go into the branch with some photographic evidence, which i will do next week.

my account with tsb is in good standing and has around 2k in it, i dont understand why 3 banks would close accounts out of the blue unless somethings going on.

How do i check my credit file?

GreenBean 10-01-2011 07:19 AM

PM coming with a link for you, bigboy :)

cortex 10-01-2011 05:58 PM

TSB did this to me also..i have a thread on it somewhere.
I also had to go in with DL and Passport and a whole loada other stuff..scary stuff!

bigboy 10-01-2011 06:12 PM

did you go in? if so, what was it about?

lumberjack 10-01-2011 07:05 PM

correct banks share information, however you need to put some money in the account to keep the "cash flow" going, otherwise why have you as a client?

another reason may be that someone else is using your account as you opened many bank accounts in a short period of time, triggering off redflags on the credit check. Or they may want to know why you yourself is doing this for? I mean look at it from bank point of view, "why is he/she opening x number of accounts in x days?" it raises concerns and there is something called "money laundering". Which again the gov like to keep checks on people, my advise is when you get the money in the bank get it out ASAP. IF no one notice we are still in a recession and banks want MONEY and do anything in their power to keep it and report it if need be I would stronly suggest you read about 'poca act' or google it, maybe in the future they will become like paypal hold funds until you can prove to the bank where the money is from.. who knows? :) but what I do know, the more limits on the nation the more bureaucratic it becomes the less freedom you have and less choices. History is repeating itself once again.

bigboy 10-01-2011 07:23 PM

ive only ever used that tsb account to make payments using western union and payments for stuff that i buy, do you think theyve seen sending payments via western union as money laundering?

on another note, i noticed around 6 transactions that i did not make, and i reported this to the bank and they returned the funds back to my account after they sent me a form which i had to fill out and return, this was a couple months back though and everything was fine after that.

im clueless as to why 3 banks have decided to close these accounts out of the blue.

i can understand rbs and natwest but tsb, ive had over 15k running through the account in its history.

Another thing though, is that the day tsb froze the account i applied for another tsb account directly through online banking, i think it may be something to do with this.
Also when i applied for the first tsb account they did not ask me to go in branch/send in ID but im on the electoral roll so they would have used that to verify my identity.

lumberjack 10-01-2011 08:50 PM

No the banks wont know, but they will report large amounts of transactions to the custom & excise and they WILL know. Just google western union money laundering and then see what the results appear. Read it on wiki if you need. You see WU have limits of 2000gbp in the uk if you send two transactions in the same day over 2000gbp using the same name at the same wu agent they get suspect and maybe freeze the second transaction until you have additional details "where you sending the money too" and "where is the source of the money from" if you dont believe me go into a wu agent at the corner shop ones and they will tell you this, if they know you. We are dealing with money, believe me bro people CHANGE when they see money........ Remember even transactions less than 500gbp are recorded on wu, everything is recorded. A read about a guy was arrested because he sent money to a "drug dealer" on a wanted list on uk database to Thailand, the police went to the house where the guy sent it and arrested him because he had drugs in his house......... the point is they record everything.

You run 15000gbp in the account and you opened an online account, yes maybe that is the reason or maybe you opened many bank accounts which is on your credit history and they closed it due to risk. The banks will not say "why" they closed it. Maybe you didnt use the bank accounts much and they closed it, who knows? But I think its about opening too many bank accounts.

The point is the banks will ask WHY open so many bank accounts in a short period of time? The banks biggest fear is risk.

Yes true they would use the electrol roll to check, but that isnt the point. The point is the banks review your credit history and ask "why he opened x accounts in x days/months etc".... put yourself in the enemy position and then you understand how they think and then put yourself in your positon.

cortex 10-02-2011 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjack (Post 274065)
my advise is when you get the money in the bank get it out ASAP.

BAD BAD BAD ADVICE MY FRIEND.

Doing this WILL make it look like you are doing something illegal. If you are not doing something illegal, then leave the money in the bank so they can see you are not spending it on posible illegal activity and let them hold on to it. They claim some interest so they are happy and they give you less stress so you are happy.

Dont bite the hand that feeds.
One hand washes the other.

bigboy 10-02-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjack (Post 274117)
No the banks wont know, but they will report large amounts of transactions to the custom & excise and they WILL know. Just google western union money laundering and then see what the results appear. Read it on wiki if you need. You see WU have limits of 2000gbp in the uk if you send two transactions in the same day over 2000gbp using the same name at the same wu agent they get suspect and maybe freeze the second transaction until you have additional details "where you sending the money too" and "where is the source of the money from" if you dont believe me go into a wu agent at the corner shop ones and they will tell you this, if they know you. We are dealing with money, believe me bro people CHANGE when they see money........ Remember even transactions less than 500gbp are recorded on wu, everything is recorded. A read about a guy was arrested because he sent money to a "drug dealer" on a wanted list on uk database to Thailand, the police went to the house where the guy sent it and arrested him because he had drugs in his house......... the point is they record everything.

You run 15000gbp in the account and you opened an online account, yes maybe that is the reason or maybe you opened many bank accounts which is on your credit history and they closed it due to risk. The banks will not say "why" they closed it. Maybe you didnt use the bank accounts much and they closed it, who knows? But I think its about opening too many bank accounts.

The point is the banks will ask WHY open so many bank accounts in a short period of time? The banks biggest fear is risk.

Yes true they would use the electrol roll to check, but that isnt the point. The point is the banks review your credit history and ask "why he opened x accounts in x days/months etc".... put yourself in the enemy position and then you understand how they think and then put yourself in your positon.

Your right it could possibly be because of this fact of opening many bank accounts, but i can easily explain the reason behind that by saying rbs/natwest shut me down and i wanted another account to keep my money organised, one for daily transactions and one for direct debits etc.

I think somethings happened to my credit rating. With my rbs account a payment for soho66 services (of around £12) got bounced because i did not have any money inside the account which went overdraft, i think it was the step account, which i dont think has an overdraft facility, so they could not take payment, so i put some funds inside that account.

Would this have possibly affected my credit rating?

If so then i think by the time i applied for the second tsb account my credit rating was damaged and they could see this, hence why tsb have now made a decision to not open a new account and close my current account.

I doubt money laundering comes into this.

bigboy 10-27-2011 11:45 AM

so i went to tsb today, they said there were some transactions in the account that they were investigating for fraud hence the freeze on the account...and i would recieve another letter outlining what this is about...i presume this has something to do with the fraud that occured on my account, 2/3 months back in which someone used my card details to carry out unauthoriesed transactions.

Bear in mind the TSB account, i did use that on a paypal stealth account around 2 years ago.

I went to rbs as well, they said they wont give me a reason.

I also checked my credit report nothing unusal going on.

ar_123 10-27-2011 12:44 PM

Sure you dont have a cifas 0 marker? (google it to find out more).

bigboy 10-27-2011 01:00 PM

the CIFAS would show up on the credit report right? there is no record under CIFAS there currently.

meVebay 10-27-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar_123 (Post 282081)
Sure you dont have a cifas 0 marker? (google it to find out more).

I was thinking CIFAS!

Does anyone know quickly does a cifas show on a self ordered credit report?

bigboy 10-27-2011 03:37 PM

HSBC rejected me for a HSBC Advance current account, and santander have rejected my application too.

bigboy 10-27-2011 05:03 PM

I have no clue the only account working perfectly for me is ulster bank.

I really dont know whats going on, my 3 rbs accounts and natwest account, were POSSIBLY closed due to being inactive for some time, but im not sure, they refuse to give me a reason.

TSB, i remember noticing trnsactions on my statement which i did not carry out so i reported it and TSB refunded me, and said that they would send a form in which i had to fill in a return to them and then an investigation would be launched or something. Im not sure if this block is in relation to this though. I will wait and see what they say in the letter, that they will be sending me.

on another not my mum (lives at the same address) wanted to get a mobile phone contract out the other day, but they refused to give it to her, and she has good credit score.

I will apply for a coop cashminder basic account and if they dont give me that then i presume there is some sort fraud risk record on my name (CIFAS), which isnt showing up yet.

Imakemoney 10-27-2011 05:13 PM

Right dude, stop trying to open accounts!!!!

Every time you get rejected for current accounts this will affect your credit score.

STOP and get to the source of the original closures rather than jus keep trying to open more...

bigboy 10-27-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imakemoney (Post 282147)
Right dude, stop trying to open accounts!!!!

Every time you get rejected for current accounts this will affect your credit score.

STOP and get to the source of the original closures rather than jus keep trying to open more...

yes i learnt this yesterday!

but if i applied for basic accounts would this still affect the score?