Banned user buys estsblished ebay business - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-14-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Banned user buys estsblished ebay business

I want opinions on the below.

I was banned over a year ago. In addition to building a stealth account with time and feadback I want to buy a strong active account so I can sell some low risk items to make some much needed money.

I did find a small web based company that I can afford with presence on the major auction sites.

What risks do you see in me buying the business and using the existing eBay account to sell non risky items.

I plan to ask the company to update the accounts with my fresh address when they remove their personal info. I figured this might look better if the address was changed from the ip address and state that the account is currently based in. I thought they might think the account was highjacked if I log on with a fresh name, Fresh IP address, and start operating etc.

Please alert me to any potential pitfalls I may encounter with the purchase of the established business.

Also i doubt they want me to have their pay pal address, so do you see any issues with me linking a fresh pay pal account to the 5 year old eBay account?

I have learned a lot from the posts on this site and I thank you in advance for your input.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

eBay does not allow the sale of their accounts. They MAY allow the account to be transferred in the case of a business being sold, but they will want the new owner's info.

Of course, what they don't know won't hurt you. But adding a new PayPal would - in my opinion - be a HUGE red flag.
Old 10-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Agree with jeffweico on this one - something NEW on an old account would be a flag to the system.

If it is an established business with over 5 years of eb ay presence, you might do better to use the merchant account feature. You would keep a pa yp al open just for the operations but you gear clients towards other payment modes.

Is your real life details banned with pp? I am asking so I can analyze a bit.
Old 10-16-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Pay pal has limited me but lifted all issues once I provided a copy of my drivers license. Was planing on doing a fresh pay pal from my new ip and mailing address. And a alternate spelling of my name. New phone # and computer. Was planning on a new bank account with the updated info. Also I planned to use the debit card from the new bank account rather than virtual card. I want a rock solid account with my own card if possible. The vcc route seems more like a churn and burn options for future true stealth accounts.

The guy seems cool, do you think I would reduce risk if I can talk him into removing his contact info and bank account from his pp acount and selling that to me as well. I would add the banking and contact info mentioned above.

Thanks for taking the time to consult with me, it is apreciated.

Also I should note that business fir sale is really just a dude who ships stuff from his house. I will not be taking legal ownership of a LLC etc.

I have thouvht of incorporating a business in the name of the new.account to give the account take over look a bit more legit if they start asking wtf is up with the new ip bank , and state of operation etc.

Let me know if you see flaws in any of my ideas or have aditional steps that you reccomend considering.

Thanks

Last edited by Clay Davis; 10-16-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Pat pal red flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
. But adding a new PayPal would - in my opinion - be a HUGE red flag.

I have never done a merchant account. That probably would look better to pay pal rather than a yahoo account and a residential address.

1.Do you think I am reducing risk much by doing a merchant account?
2,. What if I sat on the account and only bought for 6 months to make it look more like the owner moved states.

Any other opinions or advice for this abnormal account take over is appreciated.

Clay
Old 11-03-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Harm reduction - opinions requested

OK decided to move forward with this and plan to do all the stealth tactics listed in the guide, and the following for harm reduction

1. Getting address and phone # in same state as account was created
2. Open Business pay pal with the address info from# 1

3. Only using dial up

Should this keep me safe and working or is there a pitfall I am overlooking?
Old 11-03-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

You should be fine. Now all you need is to test and see if it works.
Old 11-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Seems unlinked from the overview part.