eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Name & Address Variations - Share your Success (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/38233-name-address-variations-share-your-success.html)

BMu 10-20-2011 08:26 PM

Name & Address Variations - Share your Success

Bought and have read stealth a couple times now. Have browsed the boards a bit. I'm getting all my ducks in order and before I register with eb & pp again, I was just curious how some of you are doing with name and address variations of your actual.

I have family and friend options, but before I go that route, I'm planning on trying a variation of my name and address first. My name can be spelled 2 ways and I live in a condo complex, so I can list my address differently.

Have you had success? Any additional advice going with this option?

I will also share my experience going forward as well.

RedShootingStar 10-20-2011 10:55 PM

Hopefully you know there is more to going stealth than name and address, but anyways here are some things to take into consideration.

- DO NOT use family mebers name, or any other relatives info for anything
- As far as name variations go, it works for some it doesnt work for others. Personally, I have had zero issues, but many people come into problems when they need to verify themselfs. Ebay will ask you personal questions such as vehicle, major purchases, drivers license info, basically any personal public info. If you are using stealth and come across this, there is a way to pass the test, but many people can not answer all questions correctly and they constantly fail....account dead.

mercurial333 10-20-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMu (Post 280063)
Bought and have read stealth a couple times now. Have browsed the boards a bit. I'm getting all my ducks in order and before I register with eb & pp again, I was just curious how some of you are doing with name and address variations of your actual.

I have family and friend options, but before I go that route, I'm planning on trying a variation of my name and address first. My name can be spelled 2 ways and I live in a condo complex, so I can list my address differently.

Have you had success? Any additional advice going with this option?

I will also share my experience going forward as well.

Your name can probably be misspelled 99 ways :)

Try variations and family/friend. If all goes well, you can always abandon some if the others are fine later on.

If you go with 1 account only, and 4-8 months from now that one goes bad, you'll regret not making a few more now :).

Sandy D 10-21-2011 12:23 AM

NEVER use a family, friends or anyone you knows name, address or other information.

It is not right and will come back to haunt you if you do.

Way to many other options to put yourself in a bad position.

BMu 10-21-2011 07:04 AM

Anyone can say don't do this or that, but can you explain why not to use family members names? Can you explain your experience? What went wrong, what was your downfall?

I would think if you go the family/friend option, if you need things varified you just ask them for the info.

I plan on using both options, but wanted to ease myself into this with one acct. at a time.

mercurial333 10-21-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMu (Post 280163)
Anyone can say don't do this or that, but can you explain why not to use family members names? Can you explain your experience? What went wrong, what was your downfall?

I would think if you go the family/friend option, if you need things varified you just ask them for the info.

I plan on using both options, but wanted to ease myself into this with one acct. at a time.

Idk why some users recommend against what is written in the book. Why knows why they are here...

KingRay 10-21-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMu (Post 280163)

The exact answer to your question is on these forums dozens of times in detail. Using family members info is a topic that is very common with a small simple search.

OR like the huge box that came up when you started typing your post. It had all of the past topics right there for you to see.

BMu 10-21-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 280357)
The exact answer to your question is on these forums dozens of times in detail. Using family members info is a topic that is very common with a small simple search.

OR like the huge box that came up when you started typing your post. It had all of the past topics right there for you to see.

I was actually just asking the members that responded to my post about not using family names and I was interested in their experience. It wasn't my initial question.

My initial question was about how successful members have been with name and address variations and to share how they have done with that option. And when I wrote my title, no similar posts showed.