Got my First Policy Violation...MC9999 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Got my First Policy Violation...MC9999

MC999 FB Alert: Feedback abuse - eBay Information Alert *******
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello ****

Your eBay account has recently been involved in activity that violates our Feedback abuse policy. Negative Feedback was left with a positive rating.

This recent account activity doesn't follow our guidelines.

---About the eBay Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal, and Removal Policy---
Leaving a negative comment or follow-up with a positive Feedback rating isn't allowed. To review the requirements, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ithdrawal.html

We understand that you may have been unaware of this eBay policy, and we invite you to learn about how to keep your experiences on eBay pleasant and successful.

If you have questions, please contact us:
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI..._FB&From=37339

Thanks,

eBay

so how many of this same violation can I pull off before....?

Poor me
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why dont you try dealing with the buyers differently?

Always going for their throat just to be 'RIGHT' is too precious.

You sound like you are on a permanent crusade to squash down buyers.

A high % of your troubles is yourself.

Dont even think the thread funny tbh. And the smug 'cool' smilie said it all.

Still like rsot says, other folx can chime in too
cardfelon (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Of course others can chime in, please do....

how would you know such things that i always

go for the throat? please lighten up

I have very good accounts, this is my first violation and I've

never been banned. So if you have advice based on that truth,

I would appreciate it, thank you.
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

So let me be clear about something - you left positive feedback but negative remark right? If so, you can only get away with one warning - maybe 2 but I would not risk it. Yes, it does suck that sellers can`t leave negative feedback like before but we all have to play by the same rules....sadly enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

The buyer probably reported you left a positive with a negative remark. Like we say do what you can to save your accounts before it's gone. The sad truth hurts.
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

When you ask "so how many of this same violation can I pull off before .... " that makes it sound like this is a common practice for you. And you also plan to not stop doing it in the future. What do you have to gain from leaving a negative feedback as a positive for a buyer? How many sellers actually go through and read the buyers feedback history? Seems pretty child like to do something like that. If you have a issue with a buyer you should just work it out with them.

Remember you can ban them from all of your accounts so you never have to deal with them again.
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Yes - Blocking bidders is a good strat.
Old 11-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for everyone's reply. Here's an answer to you all

Buyer left me positive feedback about 65 days after the transaction dinging me in two dsr's

He left pos. fb complimenting the item and asked if I had more to sell him

A while before I get a pm from another one of his Sellers concerning problems with him. I didn't reply, got busy and didn't really read it.

dinged me on two dsrs (the only two he could) so I left him feedback to the essence that read "he paid promptly, left fb indicating he liked the item yet dinged 2 dsr's" (not sure exactly how it was worded as EBAY just removed all our feedbacks, even positive ones and DSRs)

Anyhow that angered him so he started sending me these crazy messages, and in that day, also had it out bigtime with that other seller who had pm'd me. I noticed he had bought from her about 2 1/2 wks apart, 3 different times now bombarding her with negatives. I was pretty sure that fb would be removed with the comments so I replied in the manner I felt my feedback would also be removed, or hoped so

So when he saw his feedback, again I can't cut & paste it because it is gone, he got mad and commented back some put downs, AFTER the positive feedback. So I commented the way I normally do, so Ebay did remove all feedback as I expected. I added STOP PMING ME! cause he had sent a bunch of angry pm's, name calling and wouldn't stop. I calmed him down but reminded him that if he wasn't happy with the transaction, he shouldn't have been trying to intice me into further transactions with him. That is deceitful. What I didn't expect is now my account is back to normal, the dsrs are back to being fine again without it. I didn't know DSRs were removed when feedback is removed.

And yes, of course I will do what i feel the right thing is again, I am not ashamed of that. If that happens again, positives left asking if I have more stuff to sell while dinging DSR's I will include it in my feedback left to give other sellers a heads up.

I was not aware this was a negative positive as I included compliments also in the feedback. We all need to do what we feel is right for us in the particular situation we are in.

Last edited by Melissa1971; 11-01-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
When you ask "so how many of this same violation can I pull off before .... " that makes it sound like this is a common practice for you. And you also plan to not stop doing it in the future. What do you have to gain from leaving a negative feedback as a positive for a buyer? How many sellers actually go through and read the buyers feedback history? Seems pretty child like to do something like that. If you have a issue with a buyer you should just work it out with them.

Remember you can ban them from all of your accounts so you never have to deal with them again.
No it doesn't. If you read it, you will see this is MY FIRST policy violation EVER so certainly not "common practice"

It is not "childish" to do the right thing, tell the truth of what a scammer is doing. That is a choice we all make for ourselves in whatever situation we are in
Nor was I aware in typing it out that my words were "feedback abuse". Now that i have done it I'd probably do it again but at the time not sure I would have continued. I mean in this instance he was already going at it with another Seller, and she ended up getting her bad feedback removed. I had also reported his pm's. We are on ok terms now, he was difficult but I remained kind to him the whole time.

I may attempt to get this policy violation removed, if it is still on my account. I forgot to check to see if they removed it
Old 11-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
The buyer probably reported you left a positive with a negative remark. Like we say do what you can to save your accounts before it's gone. The sad truth hurts.
Yes, he reported it. My concern really was curiosity, this is my worst account, it will go Top Rated in about 7 more feedbacks so it's not real bad but my other two are 100%. As is my Amazon acct.

If EBAY were to look at my past feedback, it would show I've done this a few times years back. This account I've had for maybe 8-10 years now, it's my first ebay account.So I wondered how many times you are alloted...

Old 11-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
So let me be clear about something - you left positive feedback but negative remark right? If so, you can only get away with one warning - maybe 2 but I would not risk it. Yes, it does suck that sellers can`t leave negative feedback like before but we all have to play by the same rules....sadly enough.
Ebay can ban me anytime then, that answers my question of how many times I can do it. In the past, many years back I did it twice. It can be seen in my fb if you go back enough. Not sure that was a policy violation back then though but that makes 3 times already
Old 11-01-2011

Longevity: 75%

Chill Melissa

You are too good for this

Take care
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
Ebay can ban me anytime then, that answers my question of how many times I can do it. In the past, many years back I did it twice. It can be seen in my fb if you go back enough. Not sure that was a policy violation back then though but that makes 3 times already
Then re-read my post. You have to re-adjust what you do.

You have to CARE that ebay will do that to you, no questions asked.

That's what annoyed me yesterday.

these smilies conveyed the message that you were not taking this seriously. And now with the replies from the others I hope you can see you should be.

Just a fyi, have your dsr's drop and that could flag the account for suspension.

ALL or ANY of these things happening damage the account. Take it as a lesson to learn quickly, please.
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
No it doesn't. If you read it, you will see this is MY FIRST policy violation EVER so certainly not "common practice"

It is not "childish" to do the right thing, tell the truth of what a scammer is doing. That is a choice we all make for ourselves in whatever situation we are in
Nor was I aware in typing it out that my words were "feedback abuse". Now that i have done it I'd probably do it again but at the time not sure I would have continued. I mean in this instance he was already going at it with another Seller, and she ended up getting her bad feedback removed. I had also reported his pm's. We are on ok terms now, he was difficult but I remained kind to him the whole time.

I may attempt to get this policy violation removed, if it is still on my account. I forgot to check to see if they removed it
When a person says "how many times can I pull this off" that means they have either done it before or plan to do it again. Unless the way you structure your sentences is different from the standard English language kids learn in school.

Also for future reference if you just go and block a bidder they can't send you any sort of communication through Ebay.
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Or at the very least, post a thread here and say if you are going to do something that might put the account in danger.

THESE are the things the forum is meant to help with, stopping damage BEFORE the action.

Any seller needs to know the policies or at the very least check them.
Old 11-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Since this violation emanented from this thread, it's worthwhile to cross-reference the info.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fe...ent-grrrr.html

Be very careful of messing with Feedback
Old 11-02-2011

Longevity: 84%

What I usually do is leave the same positive feedback for everyone after they pay which is what most top rated sellers do to and it works.
Old 11-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Same here jbluntz. I use Auctiva for all of my listings and it is set to leave the feedback automatically for me. That way I don't have to remember to leave it and waste my time doing it.
Old 11-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Exactly same thing guess that's why making dollas

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk