eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   I just lost a stealth account. any ideas what i did wrong? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/38701-i-just-lost-stealth-account-any-ideas-what-i-did-wrong.html)

jerseykat1 11-01-2011 06:52 AM

I just lost a stealth account. any ideas what i did wrong?

created the account using vitualbox, win 7 and a new windows 7 user account with matching name as the name on the account.
New ip address using sprint 4g (mobile hotspot).
vumber phone number.
verified the paypal and ebay fully, then listed iphone 4 bumpers (off brand china crap) for .99 each with free delivery as a buy it now auction after 1 week.
went to check the email on this account a few minutes ago and i get MC169 suspension. "Your account has been suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members and the eBay community."
info to create the stealth was pulled from 411.c0m with a slight variation on it.
account info was for NJ IP showed NY (that shouldnt be a problem).
I did try to list with firefox, and i kept getting blank pages during the listing process so i switched to chrome and it went through just fine.

Should i have waited longer than a week to list anything? I have created stealths in the past with no problems using the same methods. Now i have to get another bank account and check card.

any ideas?

FandangoKango 11-01-2011 07:02 AM

Call them and ask what the problem was and they will tell you if you got linked or what.

jerseykat1 11-01-2011 07:04 AM

i always thought calling them was a waste of time? that they typically just make some bs up like if you call them at 8am they say one thing then if you call them at 2pm they say something else. depends on who you talk to, lol. yeah i will give them a call.

FandangoKango 11-01-2011 07:05 AM

Call them and report back. Act dumb like your new.

jerseykat1 11-01-2011 07:10 AM

i will have to wait til later. looks like they are not open yet.

jerseykat1 11-01-2011 07:28 AM

They said, we cant tell you why you were suspended, it is internal policy crap, blah blah, eff you, blah eff you some more.

jerseykat1 11-01-2011 07:30 AM

i think maybe the iphone 4 bumpers triggered something. i am going to have to find something else cheap to sell that will give me seller feedback.

GreenBean 11-01-2011 07:56 AM

The 'iphone' is a brand name. That gets them going ,the bots go silly & flag the account

The listing was not a true beginner's type either.

Free shipping on a brand new account could look like feedback manipulation :suspicious:
Try to buy as well. I prefer a combination of feedback for new accounts.

Usually the MC169 comes with another suspension. On its own it's a generic 'we dont really like you but we are not 100% sure why' style of limitation.:juggle:

Just my observations which may help you avoid problems next time

jerseykat1 11-01-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 283304)
The 'iphone' is a brand name. That gets them going ,the bots go silly & flag the account

The listing was not a true beginner's type either.

Free shipping on a brand new account could look like feedback manipulation :suspicious:
Try to buy as well. I prefer a combination of feedback for new accounts.

Usually the MC169 comes with another suspension. On its own it's a generic 'we dont really like you but we are not 100% sure why' style of limitation.:juggle:

Just my observations which may help you avoid problems next time

yeah it only makes since. a newbie would not want to offer free shipping, and i had a feeling deep down that just mentioning iphone in a new listing might draw attention.

no biggies live and learn. wont happen again.

HurricaneHuntr 11-01-2011 08:47 AM

The iPhone part got you not free shipping. They practically beg you to list with free shipping so likely newbs offer it. I do still lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dollarbill 11-01-2011 04:43 PM

Yeah, I think you pics or ads got you linked to an old account. List some totally non Vero item like a set of cheap drink glasses and see if the auction become live. If they do you can revise them to what you want to sell. Usually, when you get killbotted right after listing, it is your reg info didn't check or linked to banned account, ad or pic.

jerseykat1 11-02-2011 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollarbill (Post 283453)
Yeah, I think you pics or ads got you linked to an old account. List some totally non Vero item like a set of cheap drink glasses and see if the auction become live. If they do you can revise them to what you want to sell. Usually, when you get killbotted right after listing, it is your reg info didn't check or linked to banned account, ad or pic.

new pictures, new info, new virtual machine, new ip. There was no link to an old account. it had to have been the iphone 4 bumpers. i have some left over HID/xenon bulbs that i can sell next time.

Ted123 11-02-2011 07:31 AM

yep.... the iphone part in your title is what got ya...

boodster 11-02-2011 09:53 AM

Also, as GreenBeans mentioned, buy and gain feedback that way. I have a stealth account, and i bought 8 items, got feedback, and then sold a brand new HP laptop worth 700 dollars. I was not flagged or anything. and it was my first sale.

jerseykat1 11-02-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boodie (Post 283656)
Also, as GreenBeans mentioned, buy and gain feedback that way. I have a stealth account, and i bought 8 items, got feedback, and then sold a brand new HP laptop worth 700 dollars. I was not flagged or anything. and it was my first sale.

i was always under the impression that feedback as a buyer was not worth much. when it comes time to start selling.