eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   The way you get your money has changed - WTF? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/39173-way-you-get-your-money-has-changed-wtf.html)

KoltiKolt 11-13-2011 05:04 AM

The way you get your money has changed - WTF?

Hi everyone! check the message I received in my stealth accounts this morning:

Your buyer pays us; we pay you after you ship the item
Hi xxxxx

Your seller account uses eBay's new payment process. Here's how it works:

1. Your buyers will pay us for items you sell, instead of paying you directly.
2. After you ship the item and mark it as shipped, we’ll pay you the funds from the transaction.

I understand what it means ebay wants to freeze my money and give it back to me after I probably provide tracking... does anyone else has this problem? I guess it makes it much more difficult for dropshipping... ohh i think its only from ebay.com.... .co.uk seems fine but there is a 21day hold in paypal anyway...

sammybabe 11-13-2011 05:22 AM

its like the way amazon work.

KoltiKolt 11-13-2011 05:50 AM

yea its basically escrow safe program for buyers so I do not run away with the money. But it makes the whole making money process much slower as cash flow speed goes down...

seanws30 11-13-2011 01:44 PM

while this and the 21 day paypal holds do suck, it is the cost of doing business. basically, if you cant afford to play, then go home. you need some sort of capital to start any business.

you cant just sell an item you dont have and then buy it when it sells, this it what ebay is trying to avoid.

places i get my items from take paypal, so i never withdraw the money anyway. i just let it ride on the next shipment. so i really havent pulled a paycheck yet, but someday i will, and it will be nice :clap:

GTB 11-13-2011 02:16 PM

yeah after paypal hold it for 180 days:doh:

be careful coz it sounds like your playing a risky game

jeffweico 11-13-2011 06:00 PM

You can STILL dropship. What they are eliminating is the ability for a seller to operate with NO CAPITAL. Dropshipping is meant to lower a seller's risk of being stuck with merchandise they cannot sell.

Unfortunately, too many people have taken it a step further, wanting to put up NONE of their own cash. They want to collect the money, take their cut, then buy the item from the dropshipper. These are usually the same people who feel that their responsibility ends there. If an item is not delivered, they don't want to take responsibility for it - they want the buyer to take it up with their dropshipper. And they NEVER want to issue refunds under ANY circumstances. So, eBay gets left holding the bag, so to speak, if the deal goes south.

To dropship RESPONSIBLY you have to realize a few things...
  • The deal is between YOU and the BUYER. Your customer should NEVER be told to contact the dropshipper.
  • YOU are responsible to the buyer for making sure the item is delivered, undamaged, on time and as described.
  • YOU are responsible for any refunds.
  • If the dropshipper turns out to be a scam artist, YOU are the one who is out the money - NOT eBay and NOT your buyer.
  • Credit cards are only supposed to be charged when merchandise is SHIPPED. So you do need at least SOME working capital.

Keep in mind, I am NOT saying this is what the OP was doing. I'm just saying this is the major reason that eBay has such a problem with dropshipping.

GTB 11-13-2011 06:09 PM

what he said:)

KoltiKolt 11-14-2011 03:36 AM

yes I understand it ive been in ebay game for 10years or so... it just makes another extra step to slow you down on your way to cashing out