Using a debit card from a verified bank account! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Question Using a debit card from a verified bank account!

Hi chaps,
I have a new stealth Paypal account. My bank account was just verified. The bank account has the same address as the stealth account (real address never used before with Paypl or Eb). The first name on my stealth account is slightly different than the first name on the bank account but the surname is the same and setting up the direct debit went smoothly. As the addresses match I'd like to add my debit card instead of using VCC. Will it work considering there is a slight difference in the first names? I've used my credit cards online with no problem (outside Paypl) and many times have entered the name slightly different (for example, if the card says MR J. I. Smith I have entered it as John Smith and it's always worked). Thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2011

Longevity: 93%

Yes it should be fine
The Following User Says Thank You to yeff For This Useful Post:
resilient (11-15-2011)
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Just did something STUPID. Tried to register the above mentioned card with the stealth Paypl account but had forgot to activate it first in a cash machine and of course it got declined. I have activated it now but wonder if Paypl will put a block on this card for a few days(or forever) as it was declined once. Should I try again or wait a few days first?
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Card shouldnt be blocked. Give it another try tomorrow and let us know how it goes. You do have funds in the bank account, don't you?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
resilient (11-15-2011)
Old 11-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, I will. Thanks
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

forget names matching, it makes no difference.... avs is done as a minimum with a postcode that must match, sometimes the door number too.....

your card will not be blocked, any probs, remove and re-add

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-15-2011 at 04:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
resilient (11-15-2011)
Old 11-16-2011
Threadstarter  

OK Guys,
this is getting annoying now. I just tried to add the debit card again and keep getting the message that card details are incorrect. I withdrew a small amount yesterday from a cash machine so I know the card is active and also made an on-line purchase. Just to mention the card is with Lloyds. I know, not the best choice of bank but the bank account associated with this card is already verified and the stealth address is matching. I thought that adding the card will be the simplest things of all but it hasn't worked so far. I also called Lloyds yesterday and they said that the Paypl transaction failed due to dialling communication failure(or something like that) and that I should try again later.
Although a new account, I already tried to lift the limits and had id and bill requested, which I'll be submitting in the next couple of days. Is it possible that they want to verify the address first before they accept any payment cards associated with it? What could possibly the problem be? And yes, I have double and triple checked the details to make sure they are correct...
Old 11-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Chaps,
spoke to Lloyds again and they confirmed that the card is fine and that there is a dialling machine failure on Paypl's end (failure lasting 3 days? I doubt it..) and I should call Paypl to have it resolved. I have a stealth land-line matching the stealth address area code and am considering making the call today. What da ya reckon? Should I do it?
Old 11-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Anyone??? All help appreciated
Old 11-17-2011

Longevity: 79%

i know one thing, Lloyds have two kinds of current accounts, one works with paypal one does not becuase it is not ment for online transactions, so maybe they made a mistake.

Dont see the harm in ringing paypal though.

personally i would wait the 3-4 days

other than that i would add another account.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 11-17-2011 at 06:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
resilient (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Listen to TizWoz on this.
Old 11-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Well,
I have already made a few EB purchases through PP and the linked account (e-cheques) and all the payments came out with no problem so obviously the bank account is linked properly me thinks...It's beyond me why the debit card linked to the same bank acct won't work (address matches stealth)??? I'll call em and ask to run it manually(if there is such option), and if this doesn't work will add a VCC. Another option is to not add a card at all but transfer some funds from the bank so I can pay for purchases quickly! Is there any complication if I don't add a card at all?
Old 11-17-2011

in pp under profile my money does it show any card attchaed ?

i would ring PP to see what they have to say about it if your really bothered but i would just add another one.

Not sure about e-check or if it genarates a recipte but bank transfer does and would show real name to PP

THE OTHER ONLINE TRANSACTIONS (Random purchases)

did you use your real name on that is on the bank/card account when making payment or stealth name you are using in PP.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 11-17-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Surnames on card and stealth match, first name is slightly different. I've made online purchases with different variations of the first name (MR J. Smith instead of John Smith etc.) and they all went through.
Old 11-17-2011

so why not just use j.whatever the last name is.

your are playing a risky game whith what your are doing if you not using the same details as in PP becuase you can make a purchase from a site that uses PP as there merchant and you would never know but pp would if that makes any sence.

I know it don't solve your card problem but you need to be more careful

Did you check in PP under my money to see if there is a card added there, long shot i know but...

Old 11-17-2011
Threadstarter  

NO, the card isn't added in PP. I never use PP outside EB, most web sites accept credit cards directly in addition to PP I believe, hope I'm not that stupid...to be linked this way. Anyways, I'll let you guys know what's up with that ****ty Lloyds debit card when I call Paypal. If they can't make it work, I'll just use a VCC
Old 11-18-2011
Threadstarter  

One last thing,
if the stealth acct is linked to the bank and verified why do I even have to add a card? It doesn't seem to be a requirement. I can just transfer some money from the bank to PP so I can pay for purchases immediately (rather than waiting for e-cheques to clear), can't I? And of course, once I start selling, can withdraw to the bank. Why do I even need a card? I don't think I've ever used the card on file with previous PP accts I've had, because once I start selling there are always funds available for purchases...
Old 11-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by resilient View Post
NO, the card isn't added in PP. I never use PP outside EB, most web sites accept credit cards directly in addition to PP I believe, hope I'm not that stupid...to be linked this way. Anyways, I'll let you guys know what's up with that ****ty Lloyds debit card when I call Paypal. If they can't make it work, I'll just use a VCC

thats my point, when some sites accept cards direct they actually use PP to process the transaction without you even knowing.

this is why i say be careful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
resilient (11-20-2011)
Old 11-20-2011
Threadstarter  

That's a very good point. But a stealth debit card will have to match the PP address anyway. Of course in such case(web site using PP), PP might be able to link it to my IP? Is this where you're going?
Old 11-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
thats my point, when some sites accept cards direct they actually use PP to process the transaction without you even knowing.

this is why i say be careful.
OK, let's see if I get this right. Simply DON'T use cards on file with PP anywhere else! It's like a game of chess i guess, you always have to think a few moves ahead of the opponent(PP)...