eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Using someones details (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/39785-using-someones-details.html)

Pringles 11-27-2011 06:37 PM

Using someones details

From what I've read it seems that the forum advises against using someone else's details, e.g. Name dob and address

My question is why not?

If someone had access to a database of details what would you recommend?

KingRay 11-27-2011 10:30 PM

The details many are saying never use are things like SSN and more personal details like that. If you use a relatives simple info like name and address, just switch it up a bit and alter it some.

BigCJ 11-27-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringles (Post 290518)
From what I've read it seems that the forum advises against using someone else's details, e.g. Name dob and address

My question is why not?

Its not good to use someone elses real info because if you owe fees or/and get banned owing customers money, paypal and ebay are going after that person listed on the account. If the info is real, someones genuine credit is at risk. With an SSN, its easier for pp/eb collections to track that person down.

Ebay and pp cannot sue someone who does not exist...

I think a lot of people who agree to let someone else 'loan' out their info to eb/pp do not think that these 2 beings will come after them..then find out that they were dead wrong when their credit score plummets.

Pringles 11-27-2011 11:25 PM

Thanks
Im from australia we dont use ssn :)

Pringles 11-27-2011 11:51 PM

Thanks a lot gb i see exactly what you mean by needing to set a long term goal

Im sorry for my first reply and i will change my approach to stealth :)

biggunn 11-27-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringles (Post 290518)

My question is why not?

I mean this would work, but it sounds like text book identity theft to me. You don't want any subpoenas being issued on you... FBI!!!! OPEN UP!!!!

Pringles 11-28-2011 12:03 AM

Oh okay thanks i was just curious
Anything wrong with just choosing a nearby address maybe a fee suburbs away with a random name? All made up details

GreenBean 11-28-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pringles (Post 290582)
Thanks
Im from australia so we dont use ssn so that wont be an issue :)

dont be so glib. :smash:

The bottom line is that using another details and having an account go bad puts THEM at risk.

Not the actions of a reasonable person.

Many of us that disagree with the idea have had troubles from being 'kind' to the brother, the sister, the bessie friend etc. People change their minds. They want to break arrangments. So what happens to that nice little account????

Give me your real name and info. I'll ruin an ebay account for you. I'll ruin a paypal account too.

See how YOU like collection agents hounding you.

even in Australia they will chase you, chase you AND chase you.

Make a better effort to make your own stealth account with a view to long term operation.

GreenBean 11-28-2011 02:18 AM

:thumb: More than welcome Pringles.

Borrowing info always sounds better than it actually ever turns out to be.

I got stung badly thanks to someone.
Makes family reunions difficult when I no longer acknowledge they exist :juggle:

TLSunny 11-28-2011 10:10 AM

I always use real addresses but make up names and DOBs etc

oompaloompa 11-28-2011 10:24 AM

agree with gb, never do that.

anyone on electoral register eg we are all at risk from someone 'randomly picking' our full details, remember that and how it would feel.

fortunately they could have your name and address but not dob, unless it is on some other site, eg your birth cert online, marriage etc ...........really scary

biggunn 11-28-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSunny (Post 290706)
I always use real addresses but make up names and DOBs etc

Nothing at all wrong with picking random addresses and random names. I like to use random business names though.