paypal business account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-29-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default paypal business account

need help fellas
recently paypal closed my account.i have a company on my name.if i use that to open a business account,paypal will ask for the board member's details(name,DOB).my question is,if i put my real details(on which the company is registered)would my account get linked?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

your own real limited company, with a real searchable companies house address is great solid way to set up an account, in fact it is also a way of avoiding the £1900 in some cases.

You have an issue though, your name and address is banned, I need alot more info than you have given -

is banned name same as listed at companies house?

is banned address same as listed at C.H?

is your residential name and address linked to a directors report? see green tick on 192.com

is banned address the one you are going to use? or different address eg pobox?

we need to find an acceptable combination, it may mean you can use some real details,but if it means not using your company name and details, so be it, a trading name and a pobox is acceptable alternative.

If this is too much info for open forum, it may get moved to subs section.....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-30-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks for your assistance oom.i really need this

on companies house,it shows my business name which is different from my name.

my company's address is different from my home address.

i checked status on 192.com,my name is on the electoral roll for 2008-2009 but not for this year. there is a green tick under DIRECTOR INFO.

i definitely not going to use the banned address,computer,IP address OR any detail that
could link me to banned account.i'm just worried about my name and DOB as they ask in director's information.

PLEASE GUIDE.
Old 12-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

so it is a different address that is banned, and so the address on companies house is different from the banned details, then I can see no reason to worry about adding the company address to paypal.

Also add business name. I mean, there may be a chance that somehow through some advanced search you could get linked to old address, I would say that chance is remote though. Only if you owe fees are they ever going to go on safari....If you truely believe your details are fresh and unlinked you should be ok...

Now as for the principalss/directors name, have you ever sent your ID to them? Your name and dob can be ok to add, but there is a risk, particularly if you have already sent ID, you may want to consider a new name. Is it an unusual name? Your own passport if not sent in before may be ok - there may be 'other' options. Personally I think if possible, solid business means solid real details if at all possible.

Only warning is that some people here have been stung badly and they feel real details, lead to real liabilities and prefer not to give them, up to you....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-01-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Or add another director with a name NOT hot on paypal
Old 12-01-2011
Threadstarter  

oom,when they limited my account,i had to send them copy of my driving liscense,
can u please explain about the NEW NAME? or if i misspell my name,can they ask me to prove my identification later on?i know they can ask me to provide company's details. OR u may have any better idea?

greenbean,they ask to provide the details of every single director,i dont know if i add someone and just put his details and not mine,would they be able to check it?
thanks for your help
Old 12-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

you can be asked for docs at any time. it is their new operating mode. the details of the ID and paypal must 'match'. You have sent in DL before, ok not a problem, you can send passport next time as that has not got address on, then you send proof of address eg bank or utility on company address.

You are asking us to predict what paypal will do - they routinely DO NOT check just when you register with them, only if they had reason to check would they do so. At the £1900 there is an automated basic check using the electoral roll, you either pass ie. limit is lifted without docs (only in some cases) or you fail and need to send docs to get it lifted. Do you owe money under your name? if so a big siren 'might' go off if your name and dob, regardless of address, hits their database. Mispellings are an ok way to go, but then you cannot send in real ID in its full form, or you can make a name up rather than mispell, the ID is workable either way. Can they check the directors on this company? yes they can see who is listed via CH. Your name is almost ok as it is not matched up to banned address. So there is no other director? well you can still put any other name on there.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-01-2011 at 12:48 PM.