eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Why did they Suspend me? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/40088-why-did-they-suspend-me.html)

morris14ccm 12-04-2011 05:21 PM

Why did they Suspend me?

Quote:

MC008
Dear XXXX,

To help keep our website a safer place for buyers and sellers, your account will be restricted from selling indefinitely.

Our decision is based on evidence from our records. We're not comfortable with your selling practices or business model, and we feel they don't help to promote a positive buying and selling environment.

Even though you can't sell on our website, you can still use your account to buy or bid on items. For more information on the basics of buying, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/basics.html

Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.

Thanks,

eBay

H69715

I have an account I made back in July using a name variation and a PO box in the town next to mine. I changed my PayPal, credit, and bank info as well of course. I've bought a few items on eBay over the past few months and just started selling last week.

Anyways after listing an auction I was immediately restricted and they wanted me to verify my identity. I did so successfully and they unrestricted me.

I listed a few more auctions and again I was restricted. This time they wanted my receipts from these items. I sent the receipts in and figured I would be unrestricted a few days later.

I just got off the phone with Trust and Safety and apparently I'm restricted indefinitely. They said it was because I had an "unsustainable business model". I don't even have a business model, this was more of a personal account than a big selling account. I can't wait for these pricks to fail.

What did I do wrong?

Items I was selling:
-WD Elements 2TB HDD (1)
-SOG Knife (1)
-Monster Beats by Dre Detox (1) *VERO item, however I have and sent in an Amazon receipt for it*

Edit, just got this:
Quote:

Hello XXXXX,

We received your appeal for your eBay account and appreciate you taking
the time to gather your documents from Amazon and Staples.

After reviewing the submitted documentation we noticed that you are
selling your items at a loss. To maintain a safe marketplace we verify a
seller's suppliers and business model to evaluate an accounts future
success. Due to our concerns over your selling activity we have decided
to keep your account as a buyer account only.

Please understand that we have a responsibility to ensure eBay stays a
safe and secure place to buy and sell. eBay is taking a tougher stand to
prevent fraud and negative buying experiences on our site and to
maintain a safe marketplace; we sometimes have to remove certain
privileges from member’s accounts.

Unfortunately, we don't allow members to continue selling on eBay if
they're unable to fulfill their obligations to their buyers or if they
pose a significant risk to the eBay community. I realize that this may
be frustrating and inconvenient, but we believe that not implementing
these security measures would foster an unreliable and untrustworthy
marketplace. Customers know this, and often choose not to use those
websites. To maintain a level of safety and integrity, we believe that
making an extra effort to maintain a safe site is a necessity.

Also, please keep in mind that you are restricted from selling with any
eBay account. If eBay finds associated accounts circumventing the
outline of our original decision, the related account will be suspended
with no chance for appeals.

We understand that you may be disappointed about our decision to
terminate your selling privileges; however, we still want you be a
member of the eBay community and will be leaving your buying privileges
to purchase items from other sellers intact. At this time, your account
will remain restricted with no plans for reinstatement.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
email and let us know.

Sincerely,

Chris
eBay
Customer Support
Items, other than the headphones, were clearly not being sold for a loss based on the receipt prices.

oge 12-04-2011 06:39 PM

Crazy so I'm guessing these items were sold BIN and not 7 day auction?

seanws30 12-04-2011 06:44 PM

i can figure this one out. HDD was first item, not the best idea to sell something like this as first item.

knife 2nd item, probably ok.

the headphones were what killed you. selling these as new even on a seasoned account is probably difficult. on a new account, even more so

GreenBean 12-04-2011 06:46 PM

Being able to buy is better than being totally kaput. :pop2:

morris14ccm 12-04-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oge (Post 292735)
Crazy so I'm guessing these items were sold BIN and not 7 day auction?

Nope, all the auctions were 5 day, except the headphones which were 3, but didn't meet the reserve. I sold them with Second Chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanws30 (Post 292736)
i can figure this one out. HDD was first item, not the best idea to sell something like this as first item.

knife 2nd item, probably ok.

the headphones were what killed you. selling these as new even on a seasoned account is probably difficult. on a new account, even more so

Well I know better now, but I thought for sure that after faxing the receipts in I would be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 292737)
Being able to buy is better than being totally kaput. :pop2:

I've already got 5 other accounts that I can buy on, but can't sell on. After this BS, I don't plan on buying on eBay again. I'll continue to sell, but I'll buy everything on Amazon now.

morris14ccm 12-05-2011 11:14 AM

Do you think I might be able to fix this one by calling in?

Banned indefinitely for selling something too cheap? WTF?

jamblix 12-05-2011 12:29 PM

As outrageous as that sounds...I'm not surprised at all. Seems like they are just making **** up now to suspend people lol. It's over man that account is gone, eB sucks.

FandangoKango 12-05-2011 07:09 PM

Your real problem was the headphone I think. I tried selling a monster beat I only got 1 that I got and it got taken off quick and this was on an old ebay account with good feedback. Monster beats is highly monitored more than other vero items. An amazon receipt is no good because they can easily go and check the cost of the item at amazon and they will know if you modified the price because there not dumb. You need to find a new supplier or find one with reasonable cost so they know your not taking a loss.