eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Paying eB fees with pp credit card? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/40442-paying-eb-fees-pp-credit-card.html)

Mzgr3k0 12-13-2011 06:29 PM

Paying eB fees with pp credit card?

Hello, thanking you in advanced for reading my annoying posts.
So I have verified my pp and I set up the prepaid cc through there, all worked fine.
Now when you go through the eB selling registration do you connect it to your payp to pay eb fees or do u opt to pay by creditcard and then re enter the prepaid credit card?

flylow 12-13-2011 07:16 PM

here is a very informative thread on the subject of paying ebay fees:

http://www.aspkin.com/.../ebay.../82...do-safely.html

hope this helps...Good Luck!!!

Mzgr3k0 12-13-2011 07:25 PM

Thank you !
But the page is not opening ! It's saying the page cannot be found =[

SUVE 12-13-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flylow (Post 295191)
here is a very informative thread on the subject of paying ebay fees:

http://www.aspkin.com/.../ebay.../82...do-safely.html

hope this helps...Good Luck!!!

here you go:
In short, it is NOT recommended that you use your Paypal account to pay your eBay fees due to the inherent risk this puts your account at. I strongly advise you to pore over the detailing of that thread link to gain a better insight into this issue.

:ranger:

Mzgr3k0 12-13-2011 07:43 PM

Thanks SUVe!!
I actually found it lol I participated in the conversation when I first joined the forum but forgot =\
There's a lot of mixed opinion about it. Gets confusing coz everyone has different methods . I'm in the process of opening up my first stealth so trying to make sure I'm doing it the best way.

But my understanding is you really want PayPal to have limited access to your money situation.

SUVE 12-13-2011 07:49 PM

Hmm, no worries ,we are all helping each other way or another by sharing our experience & know-how on here.

I have been reviewing that thread, I must say it is very well written & detailed by the OP & associated contributors, my impressions are well articulated by oompaloompa:

Quote:

pay by credit card for accounts with banks attached, pay by pp auto payments for accounts without banks attached.
for the credit card option, you can do a chargeback for fees paid if your account goes down or pay a tiny amount of your fees and extend your billing cycle.
Its a matter of what route you want to take with your accounts.
What you are trying to do is avoid LINKING happening whilst you pay your dues to EB/PP.

Mzgr3k0 12-13-2011 07:51 PM

Ok. So did I do the right or wrong thing by putting in my prepaid cc details into pypal??
Omg I stuffed up didn't I !?

SUVE 12-13-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

'So I have verified my pp and I set up the prepaid cc through there, all worked fine....do you connect EB to your payp to pay eb fees or do u opt to pay by creditcard and then re enter the prepaid credit card?
First things first, don't panic !!!! Whatever you do, don't panic, take a deep breathe, read through that link that is given above & see where you stand on this.

You were asking the about the NEXT step (right ???), you have NOT done anything yet I assume, ....so going by what has been said in those links.....you would be paying by pp auto payments for accounts without banks attached as you only did the VCC bit for VERIFICATION on PP, & therefore did NOT have an actual bank account attached to the PP.....???

SUVE 12-13-2011 08:09 PM

Hmm, had another look....I think you are 'OK' for the moment from what you've said, this is paying via a PREPAID CARD for your eBays fees as described by HWGA on that thread above, this being a short cut down version to your specific issue.

---->go to the “Seller Account” > “One Time Payment” > “Pay with your credit card” > “Use a different Card”
This is where you enter the card numbers & Card Identification Number for the PREPAID card you have loaded the information onto.

I will let more experienced users chime in on this issue which will add veracity to what has been added on here for you.:ranger:

Mzgr3k0 12-13-2011 08:53 PM

So what i did (from the beginning)
1. Opened a new stealth Payp and eB.
2. Put new bank account details into Payp
3. Added my prepaid CC to paypal.
4. Got my bank account verified in Payp (with the 2 deposits)

In answering your question, NO, the Prepaid CC is not linked to my bank account in any way. In the steps to opening up a payp account it asked me to attach a credit/debit card to your payp account so i attached the pre-paid one.

Yes, i am up to the part where eb asks me "how would you like to pay ur fees"
Then i realized. Hang on. I'm not meant to use Payp to pay fees according to the info i gathered from the forum.
But, i have attached the Pre-paid CC to Paypal so then im safe. LOL
SO if i choose to pay my fees via cred card i would be putting in the same details into eB that paypal already has on their records.

Lol, does that make sense??

SO, what i should be doing from here is...
Opting to pay my fees with a credit/debit card and then attaching the same Pp credit card i used in Payp.
LOL... I'm so confused. :doh::doh:

SUVE 12-13-2011 10:11 PM

Let's try to untangle this shall we::typing:
Quote:

In answering your question, NO, the Prepaid CC is not linked to my bank account in any way
---> by that I meant the VCC/PREPAID CARD being LINKED to your PP A/C....NOT your bank A/C lol :eek:

What you have done so far to PP:
- LINKED DEBIT CARD A/C TO PP (VERIFIED)
- ADDED PREPAID CARD TO PP

Now here In the UK we have to link the EB/PP accounts. Obviously where you are located it may well be different.

It is a good idea NOT to use PP your default method of payment to EB & instead use a VCC attached to your EB A/C via the 'ONE TIME PAYMENT' option on your EB seller screen:

Go to the “Seller Account” > “One Time Payment” > “Pay with your credit card” > “Use a different Card”

This is where you enter the card numbers & Card Identification Number for the PREPAID card you have loaded the information onto......so you either link your paypal to ebay to pay your EB fees (many people do this WITHOUT issue) or you can just buy non-reloadable cards to pay your EB fees..... meaning you could put like $250 on there & use it & then when it was used up, get another card, etc, etc?

Make sense to you ??? :pry:

PS: this is what slapped said about this paying of EB fees in another thread:

Quote:

On the Paying the fee issue, I will Explain why You should use a Card.

When you Verify a Paypal Account you give them a Bank Account, and a Credit (VCC) Card

When you create an Ebay account you should use a Different Credit(VCC) Card

That "Officially" gives them 3 Different ways to "Track you"

Now use a Reloadable Credit (VCC) Card and pay your fees Every month with the SAME Card (ACCOUNT Number).

Now that makes 4 Different ways that they can Track you--3 Official, and 1 Not so official,, Overall though it gives your accounts (Ebay AND Paypal) a Higher Trust Score.
I hope this helps you.

oge 12-13-2011 10:27 PM

Miss Greek.......

Yes that is what you want to do when you list an item and it ask how do you want to pay your fees select credit card and enter your prepaid card it might give you an error stating that they don't take prepaid cards then you must link your paypal account to it...

Mzgr3k0 12-14-2011 02:51 AM

SUVe!! Your a legend thank you so much for ur help !
All makes sense now..
Lol @ miss Greek oge!! Thanks heaps for even taking time to reply !
=]]]

Pringles 12-14-2011 05:06 AM

Just keep enough paypal balance in your account at all times to pay off your fees

I use my PP balance to pay all my fees

rsot 12-14-2011 10:46 AM

The follow-up threads to the OP's original thread are all very informative and to the point. I like to do one-time payments by CC whenever I can.