eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Multiple accounts, same ip address, one account suspended (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/40709-multiple-accounts-same-ip-address-one-account-suspended.html)

isellalot 12-19-2011 10:26 PM

Multiple accounts, same ip address, one account suspended

Hey guys. Here's my whole situation:

Me and my brother still live with my parents. We both have seperate ebay accounts on the same router/modem under our real name (same last name). I got suspended from selling on my real named account. I have the stealth guide and I read through it thoroughly. I found lakeman and I am thinking about just buying a verified eBay/pp account from him. I will be making a new user acct so all cookies will be cleared.

I will be changing my ip address for the new account that I am going to buy from lakeman. Here's where I have some questions....will eBay link me and my brothers account? We will both be on the same new ip address. I will have a stealth account but my brother will have his original account. I don't want these 2 accounts being linked if that is a possibility/concern.

What would you do? Do I have anything to worry about? Thanks in advance...

;)

rsot 12-20-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

We both have seperate ebay accounts on the same router/modem under our real name (same last name)
Yes linked.

Get dynamic IP or - if you DEAD serious about unlinked business - get a second IP provider line JUST for you.

isellalot 12-21-2011 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 297231)

Get dynamic IP or - if you DEAD serious about unlinked business - get a second IP provider line JUST for you.

I just checked out my connection settings (I'm on a wireless laptop)

Here's what I did:

Go to run
Type ncpa.cpl
Hit enter
Settings
DHCP enabled.....Yes

Dynamic IP address is a definite yes.

So now that I have that covered, the chances of getting a previous ip address that I used to sign into a different account is how great? Is there any info on how often you get the same ip address?

Thanks for the help. I did my best to search this topic but I didn't find much.

;)

newjerseymax 12-21-2011 03:26 AM

Get a dongle. I have the T-moble 4g dongle and $30 a month pre-paid (1gig) is more then enough to handle 10 accounts, if your not using it to do your listings. Only answer mail and withdraw money basically. Listings are easily handled by 3rd party websites that don't share IP (except when creating token)

rsot 12-23-2011 04:30 PM

@oompa, very good point - no not same day - I vary up the activity - diff accounts diff days but also, I use dial-up or dynamic IP so the IP is always different.

YES I make sure IP is different - not successive log-ins on diff accounts with same IP.

oblong 12-23-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newjerseymax (Post 297443)
Get a dongle. I have the T-moble 4g dongle and $30 a month pre-paid (1gig) is more then enough to handle 10 accounts, if your not using it to do your listings. Only answer mail and withdraw money basically. Listings are easily handled by 3rd party websites that don't share IP (except when creating token)

what do you mean by 'when creating token'?

isellalot 01-04-2012 01:38 PM

I have been thinking about tethering from my iPhone

Very simple to change that ip address!

joeschmo 02-15-2012 10:31 AM

Similar question

I was wrongfully kicked off Ebay about 4 years ago. At the time, I lived with a girlfriend who also had an account. Since that time, we have both moved and she still has the same Ebay account but, different IP address.

The question is, if I created a new account under another persons info. (either personal or business), would that be a problem? Of course, I'd be using the same, new IP address.

Thank you.

rsot 02-15-2012 12:40 PM

Welcome to the forums. Being stealth means using NEW and FRESH info - most folx don't use other persons' info since there is potential problems with that. Just make up stuff or alter names.

joeschmo 02-15-2012 02:05 PM

You weren't clear on this. So the IP address (even though different now) of an Ebay user related only through IP and physical address who suddenly had another user selling on Ebay under the same, new IP, wouldn't be a problem?

joeschmo 02-15-2012 03:26 PM

I'm not talking bout using the other user in the household's identity,

Thank you.