i find a product that i want to buy from ... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-04-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default i find a product that i want to buy from ...

i find a product I want to buy from china

I need to know how much I will pay customs, they are 300 pcs (Health & Beauty), I have never brought anything from China by sea, i wanted more or less how much ££££

Last edited by oyflybear; 01-28-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: typo
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2012

Longevity: 88%

Chinese usually write the packages as low-value 'gifts' on the customs form, so i rarely pay anything when getting packages in Canada. Not sure if UK customs are stricter..
Old 01-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnimrod View Post
Chinese usually write the packages as low-value 'gifts' on the customs form, so i rarely pay anything when getting packages in Canada. Not sure if UK customs are stricter..
BUT you are taking about small and light stuff or big heavy stuff Shipment Terms: By Sea
Old 01-04-2012

Longevity: 75%

they seem to mark as art supplies quite a lot - but be warned, its difficult these days to get anything past customs - i really dont know how they evaluate the worth.
My parcels seem untouched, but they still manage to be able to work out how much i owe, this leaves me to beleive that its the parcel weight they are using as a guide, not the products.
For example 300 units of real YSL compared to 300 units of Rimmel - if they dont open the package - how can they determine the worth?

ps - my flat rate envelopes are coming through with zero charges - they are flimsy i know, but it's working out a lot cheaper.
Old 01-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

A lot will depend on declaration form of value and duties charged per UK. For huge amounts, you might want to look into a shipping broker especially if coming by sea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
GTB (01-28-2012), Shadowmoe7 (01-29-2012)
Old 01-04-2012
Threadstarter  

a shipping broker especially, is the person who handles all the paperwork and blah blah blah. but much i will pay? + duties charged ? one question Shipment By Sea some time i do not have to pay and sometimeyes like ems or dhl?:D
Old 01-04-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
A lot will depend on declaration form of value and duties charged per UK. For huge amounts, you might want to look into a shipping broker especially if coming by sea.
rsot is right if your looking to import lots you would need a customs agent the end your receiving it to clear it and then obviously the duties paid.

I mean im talking container sizes but I dont know if were talking smaller I assume it would be the same process. I wouldnt bother if you havent got big enough amounts... might aswell EMS and its all in the price.. customs clearance / handling etc..
Old 01-05-2012

Longevity: 72%

why are you shipping by sea? 300pcs is quite a small quanity, in terms of health and beauty products shouldnt be that bulky.

To find out the exact customs charge you will pay you have 3 main options, first you can lookup the item yourself at: UK Trade Tariff | Home, which will give you an indication.

For a more accurate response you can also call HMRC directly: 0845 010 9000
and they can also give you a response on the phone.

Or you can call a reputable freight forwarder like DAMCO speak to their imports department, tell them that you plan on using them as your customs broker and tell them what your importing and ask them to calculate your duties/vat.

You might find that although sea freight seems much cheaper than using a courier service, because the quantity is less than a container load by the sounds of it, the costs may add up to more when you factor in handling costs at the port, the costs the customs broker, then arranging for transport from the port to your doorstep etc.

As other members here have already mentioned if the goods arnt too bluky and its only a couple of cartons then just ask your supplier to ship dhl/ems/ups/fedex as they will process everything automatically and deliver to your door with the invoice.
Old 01-05-2012
Threadstarter  

SAME stuff they shipping in one full container 20 ft , and stuff 600 to 3000 pcs no container but is big number , can dhl shipping about 800 to 1400 kilos?
Old 01-06-2012

Whilst DHL can ship this for 800-1400KG this will workout quite expensive, roughly £2/KG, although it will only take 10 days max to reach you, whereas by sea 3-4weeks + other fees.

I take it you dont have a forwarder in China? Re the less than container load, find out before your supplier ships the goods the details of their forwarder in china, speak with them and ask for the details of their corresponding agent in the UK.

Call the corresponding agent and ask them for exact information/costs re their handling and clearance fees.

It may be the case that the corresponding agent may use a separate company for customs clearance or you can nominate one. In any case get as much information as you can before the goods are shipped from china, as you dont want any surprises re additional costs when the goods arrive in the uk.

For the full container load decide on a clearance agent before the goods arrive, despite costs i prefer to only work with the larger companies due to their reliability, but look around online and make calls there are plenty to choose from.

Which port in china are the goods being shipped from? How much is your supplier charging you per CBM for the less than container? What about costs for the 20ft?
If you like let me know this info and i will tell you if their prices are reasonable.
Old 01-06-2012
Threadstarter  

let say for example look this link : Sauna/Sauna Room/Walnut Infrared Sauna (IDS-2HG) - China Sauna,Infrared Sauna,Sauna House in Sauna Room

Loading quantity(20/40ft) what do you think ? How much this supplier will charging + duties charged in UK.
Old 01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMAID View Post
let say for example look this link : Sauna/Sauna Room/Walnut Infrared Sauna (IDS-2HG) - China Sauna,Infrared Sauna,Sauna House in Sauna Room

Loading quantity(20/40ft) what do you think ? How much this supplier will charging + duties charged in UK.
Its not a mater of opinion here, the container can load to its maximum capacity, thats not where the issue is..its how much the factory may try to charge you for shipping cost if you use their forwarder to ship the goods..

you will have to ask your supplier for this info..remember you can also choose your own forwarder from china just ask the factory to quote you EXW or FOB..

you can arrange the transport yourself, in the end just giving your china forwarder your supplier details, invoices, packing list and trade terms..

I think from the above posts you now have more than enough information to check the duties and anything else yourself..
Old 01-06-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Checked out the site Mermaid - nice little piece - if you do end up bulk ordering AND it's certifiable quality, I'd be tempted to buy one off of you ha
Old 01-08-2012
Threadstarter  

how many kilos you have to lose?