Can I rescue my ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-05-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Can I rescue my ebay account

I have a Business account, top rated seller, power seller with 100% feedback but paypal have closed my paypal account, they say I am high risk.

(think they have linked me to my girlfriends account paypal closed 2 year ago) anyway can I salvage what I have!

I have tried to relist but ebay require paypal account so when my current listings end I will have no income!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have no choice but to go stealth - has PP given you any steps to delimit your account?
Old 01-05-2012

Longevity: 75%

What kind of items were you selling?
Old 01-05-2012
Threadstarter  

When I called Paypal they tell me decission can not be reversed and I can not appeal.
I am selling vintage toys teddy bears, action man, dinky cars, dolls and that kind of thing, turning over 3-4 grand a month.
Old 01-05-2012

Have you got funds stuck in your paypal account? you will have to wait 180 days to get your money

paypal are a pain in the backside

My advice is buy the stealth guide read it and start opening stealth accounts

best of luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Killuminati For This Useful Post:
no_rat_race_for_me_thx (01-29-2012)
Old 01-05-2012

Longevity: 76%

Hi Dave

Sad to say you are finished. You can either create new accounts, buy new accounts from vendors here and start to build again to sell. This account is kaput
Old 01-06-2012
Threadstarter  

I was lucky nothing in my paypal account, the account got closed a couple of hours before I sold £600 of goods, thankfully as I have good feedback most buyers are sending me cheques or bank transfer.
I have the stealth guide so busy studying it now.

A couple of questions before I go stealth.

1, should I remove all evidence of ebay from my computer, turbo lister, images used etc.
2, can my printer/scanner, external H/D be traced back to old account.
3, as I still have active items until end of month should I access my old account on my other laptop or would this compromise going stealth on my desk top!

cheers in advance I expect plenty more questions to come
Old 01-06-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

hey dave,
I would tell you what I would do myself.... I would go all new and unlinked even in hardware...I am a bit suspicious when it comes to eb&pp... So, my answer would be yes to points 1 & 2... As for point 3, if you are planning on using this laptop, don't access your old account unless you make a separate user for that and then delete when you don't need anymore
Old 01-06-2012

Longevity: 78%

im sure you have already worked this one out for yourself however do yourself a favour and make 2 or 3 new stealth accounts and spread your sales, stops paypal sniffing about quite so much but and more important should this ever happen again you have other accounts still able to sell things for you, of course tho follow the guide 100% so that they dont ever get linked and best of British to you
Old 01-06-2012

Longevity: 90%

Hi Dave,

you probably have experienced some of the same problems as me in selling on ebay. I also sell vintage / retro items - toys / old computers+consoles / accessories / vintage cameras etc. What happens is that as we're not selling brand new items there is more chance that something you sell might break / develop a fault, or the person who buys the item doesnt think its as mint condition as you described it and so on.

Through no wrong doing on my part I ended up getting low DSR's, and even though all my feedback was great and people left very complimentary comments I still got my previous account 'indefinetely restricted' from selling, I left it over 30 days hoping that with the new positive feedback I received they might reinstate my account, but they didnt and wouldnt, so I just cut my losses ( which was a shame when I'd built up a good reputation / feedback levels), and I created some new ebay / paypal stealth accounts.

Its ridiculous that they are saying that sellers of 'secondhand' goods are 'high-risk'!!! Surely thats what Ebay was created for. Unfortunately the way Ebay see it is that they would rather cater for people who sell brand new inkjet printer cartridge refills / mobile phone covers - items that usually cause few problems and hence work for them to deal with. Pathetic isnt it! But you seem to have an idea what to do, just make sure you stick carefully to the 'Stealth' way of doing things and make sure that EBay / Paypal cant bring you down anymore.

It can be a bit overwhelming to get your head around all the information to do with opening stealth accounts at once, but take your time and it will gradually come together, and once you've created your stealth accounts managing them isnt much more complicated than managing an ordinary account, there are just a few more things to beware of.

I'd strongly recommend creating an excel file to keep records of your stealth account details. And make sure you install some kind of cookies cleaner and get rid of turbolister installations etc. You can get help from this forum all the time, I dont know how I'd have coped without some of the priceless assistance from the guys in here.

Anyway welcome to the forum !
Old 01-06-2012

Hi
Comiserations regarding your precious lost account.

Regarding your current ads, just access using the machine/user account you always did.

Then let the account go, 4get all about it (unless you want to buy on it) - clean the machine or account - whichever you prefer.

All new accounts pp or eb must be accessed on at least a fresh user account - you are safe to use the same machine - as long as its a new user account.

However - if you have access or the means to use/purchase a fresh machine - this will set your mind completely at rest regarding linking yourself to your old accounts.

Best of luck
Old 01-07-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave321 View Post
I have a Business account, top rated seller, power seller with 100% feedback but paypal have closed my paypal account, they say I am high risk.

(think they have linked me to my girlfriends account paypal closed 2 year ago) anyway can I salvage what I have!

I have tried to relist but ebay require paypal account so when my current listings end I will have no income!!

how old is the eby account ?

i would try and keep it going for as long as you can while sorting other accounts out.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 01-07-2012

The trouble is you dont want to go trying to set up stealth accounts while you are still messing about with an account that you're more than likely going to lose. Until you understand the intricacies of linking accounts then trying to create any new accounts while still accessing your old accounts could be a total waste of time cos if you make just one wrong move you might find you've gone and unwittingly linked your old account to the new accounts that you are only in the process of just setting up. So you'll have failed before you even get started using the stealth account.
Old 01-09-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the great advice, my old site getting dumped in a couple of days & hope to have a stealth account set up soon.

Does anybody know if i would have any issues building this up to another business account, I am using my parents address, an old bank account in my wifes old name, sipgate phone number & pre-paid credit card & also thinking of setting up another stealth account in reserve to age & mature, i have the stealth guide so know to build it up slowly.
Old 01-09-2012

You're thinking well Dave. You'll be back up and running in no time

Old 01-10-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Thanks for the great advice, my old site getting dumped in a couple of days & hope to have a stealth account set up soon.

Does anybody know if i would have any issues building this up to another business account, I am using my parents address, an old bank account in my wifes old name, sipgate phone number & pre-paid credit card & also thinking of setting up another stealth account in reserve to age & mature, i have the stealth guide so know to build it up slowly.
Whats the first rule of business ?

What Internet provider are you with ?

Do you want this new account to be a rock solid account or one thats half cooked and red flagged to death ?

you are in a prime position to create a rock solid business account why waist it.
Old 01-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Does anybody know if i would have any issues building this up to another business account, I am using my parents address, an old bank account in my wifes old name, sipgate phone number & pre-paid credit card & also thinking of setting up another stealth account in reserve to age & mature, i have the Stealth Guide so know to build it up slowly.
Be careful of the ladies info as part of your new business.

One post mentions you got linked because of a girlfriend's troubles.

Make really sure this bank account is OK to use. Can you not make an account i your own name?
Old 01-10-2012
Threadstarter  

I think her name should be ok as it is a double barrell name like smith-jones so I will drop one part of it so recon this should be ok.

Need this to be rock solid as it is the best outlet for my products & i will need to puts all eggs in one basket, thought i knew ebay & pp well as i used to manage an ebay account for a business i worked for & i built it upto 50K+ feedback, after finding this forum looks like i know nowt (A big learning curve)
Old 01-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Very interesting discussion going on here.
Old 01-10-2012

Yes Dave321, its a lot to take in, but once you've got your head around it and got a your stealth accounts up and running you dont need to do much more than you would running a normal account. Dont make the same mistake as me though and only create one account and because I built up a good feedback record / reputation I got complacent and thought why would I need another account?

And then BOOM! a few weeks before Xmas last year just as I was getting ready to launch some bumper Xmas auctions to earn me a nice wedge for the Xmas / New Years festivities, what happens? Ebay only go and 'indefinetely restrict' my stealth account! And I'd not done anything in particular wrong, they said my DSR's were below standard yet I had a glowing positive feedback record and my DSRs hadnt been terrible neither and ironically they had been steadily improving. How I wished I'd been nursing at least one more, or a few other stealth accounts as a back-up...

So I ended up having a miserable time totally skint over the Xmas holiday period and I've only just now managed to create a whole new couple of new stealth accounts as I had to wait a couple of weeks for the bank accounts to be set up and then verify my Paypal account. Its one of the cardinal mistakes to make not having a back up account, and by the sounds of it you are only too aware of how unpredictable eBay can be, hence you wouldnt be on this forum.

So think on! If selling on Ebay is your sole outlet for selling then you cant afford to not have a back up plan. Anyway good luck with it!
Old 01-10-2012

Activity: 1%

YES there actually is, you could use a merchant account or ccnow for example, get the Stealth Guide, and search in the forrum, for "ccnow Guide"
Old 01-10-2012

CCnow? Merchant account? I dont know if these will work with a UK ebay account, then again I could be wrong.