eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Multiple eBay and PayPal Address Linking? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/41853-multiple-ebay-paypal-address-linking.html)

nebuspp 01-18-2012 05:27 PM

Multiple eBay and PayPal Address Linking?

Yikes! I was just browsing through my eBay and PayPal account information to make sure info was the same before making a phone call to eBay about a limit increase, and I realized I have MANY addresses of friends/relatives on PayPal and have had a few on eBay as well.

The reason is many of my relatives and friends do not have eBay or PayPal so in the past I have purchased things for them using their CC and shipped to their address...all through my accounts.

I know at least one of my friends has an eBay account, but they buy things a few times a year and that's it. Their address is on my eBay as a shipping address during checkout, and their credit card/address is on my PayPal.

Is this going to cause a problem now or anytime in the future? Does these cause linking of accounts to occur on a regular basis?

SUVE 01-19-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

I know at least one of my friends has an eBay account, but they buy things a few times a year and that's it. Their address is on my eBay as a shipping address during checkout, and their credit card/address is on my PayPal.Is this going to cause a problem now or anytime in the future?
Yes, this is an accident waiting to happen.:silly:

By virtue of you using another EB/PP members EB address & PP shipping address means that at least two EB/PP accounts are LINKED & LINKING has therefore occurred, their system bots would have picked upon this.:doh:

Expect problems now or later.:pry:

rsot 01-19-2012 07:14 AM

Could cause problems in the future.

nebuspp 01-19-2012 10:13 AM

Ahh well what if I bought this account off my friend and permanently closed it?

On eBay it was only listed as a shipping address. I know many people buy and send to their customers off of eBay so have MANY shipping addresses from other eBay accounts.

But the main concern would be PayPal...is their linking that intricate that it would pick up? Not sure if it helps but my friends address that is on my account is physical BUSINESS address location... :noidea: