Achieve Card to Greendot Issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Achieve Card to Greendot Issues

Hi, hopefully, this question will help many others in search of a proper gift card.. I'm not intending to short step any sellers on this forum.. Just basic questions that need answers..

It's no secret the website gift cards dot com exists.. With that being said.

If a person by accident enters an invalid address for the recipient of the Virtual Gift card.. For use with PP/E bay Would this create problems for the recipient?

For instance, is there a Check System Verification process of the address/name entered on the card? Or does any thing go, as long as the name and address on said gift card match's that of one entered with e ba y / PP? Reason asked is because of this message before completing check out has risen.

"IMPORTANT: If you do not enter a valid address for the recipient of the Virtual Gift, they may not be able to use it for online purchases. This is because most online shopping carts use a security measure called AVS (Address Verification System) that matches the Visa card number to the address associated with that card and will reject the card if the address doesn't match what the purchaser entered."

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-21-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

For instance, is there a Check System Verification process of the address/name entered on the card? NO

Or does any thing go, as long as the name and address on said gift card match's that of one entered with e ba y / PP? I don't get it?
Old 01-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Default For all n00bs look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by satori8311 View Post
Hi, hopefully, this question will help many others in search of a proper gift card.. I'm not intending to short step any sellers on this forum.. Just basic questions that need answers..

It's no secret the website gift cards dot com exists.. With that being said.

If a person by accident enters an invalid address for the recipient of the Virtual Gift card.. For use with PP/E bay Would this create problems for the recipient?

For instance, is there a Check System Verification process of the address/name entered on the card? Or does any thing go, as long as the name and address on said gift card match's that of one entered with e ba y / PP? Reason asked is because of this message before completing check out has risen.

"IMPORTANT: If you do not enter a valid address for the recipient of the Virtual Gift, they may not be able to use it for online purchases. This is because most online shopping carts use a security measure called AVS (Address Verification System) that matches the Visa card number to the address associated with that card and will reject the card if the address doesn't match what the purchaser entered."

Thanks

CONFIRMED!

To Mods: Admins: I realize this information is like riding a bike for you (No dis-respect intended)

I apologize for the headaches of repeat questions... It is A LOT to process for absolute n00B in online banking / stealth Accounts..

Good Luck To All Stealth Users Out There! And Special Thanks to Aspkin and All Mods/Admins

P.S - I tried to Edit Title but was to late - My bad, for the confusion
Old 01-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
For instance, is there a Check System Verification process of the address/name entered on the card? NO

Or does any thing go, as long as the name and address on said gift card match's that of one entered with e ba y / PP? I don't get it?
= Jone Doe, 222 apple eggs st, Oregon, (zipcode here) works as long as it match's entered info in PP/E B ay
Old 01-21-2012
Banned

Longevity: 85%

FYI for pp you only need the zip to match using the gift card
Old 01-21-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by satori8311 View Post
= Jone Doe, 222 apple eggs st, Oregon, (zipcode here) works as long as it match's entered info in PP/E B ay
Yea, it will work as long as the card information is same on ebay address.
Old 01-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
I can't count the hours and hits on that search button to see something like that.

Thanks OG once again good looking out
Old 10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oge View Post
you are wrong. Your address line 1 should match exactly. nothing to do with zip.
Old 10-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanmalhotra View Post
you are wrong. Your address line 1 should match exactly. nothing to do with zip.
No you are completely wrong.

Paypal DO check the ZIP code, they also check the "numbers" within the address as well iirc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
bansheezone (10-26-2012), biggunn (10-25-2012)
Old 10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
No you are completely wrong.

Paypal DO check the ZIP code, they also check the "numbers" within the address as well iirc.
bro am talking about gift card or credit card. for credit card paypal cannot check anything. avs check for credit cards is done only for address line 1. try it out and let me know. daily i create accounts and sell them so i am confident about it bro. i just use address line 1 of the gift cards and verify it at other places too. not only usa even in any country u can use it just use the same address line 1.

eg.
1. register the gift card with any usa address.
2. create any country paypal account.
3. in paypal account use address line 1 same as you registered in gift card.
4. any city, any zip code is not a problem. just address line 1 should be correct and it will go through.

or

if you have option to register gift cards with other country address like gift2go cards has that option.
1. register gift card with any other country address.
2. create usa paypal and use address line 1 same as registered in the card
3. link that with paypal and let me know the result.

am using this from past 2 years and its working for me.