eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   If I block someone, can he see my listings? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/43588-if-i-block-someone-can-he-see-my-listings.html)

Bingo 03-07-2012 11:15 PM

If I block someone, can he see my listings?

Could you guys please tell me if I block a bidder, will he be able to see what I'm selling?
If not, is there any way I can avoid some one seeing what I'm selling?
Thanks.

TGMT² 03-07-2012 11:27 PM

Blocked buyers can Absolutely see your listings.

There is no-way to hide what you are selling from anyone. :behindsofa:

unkown5454 03-08-2012 01:34 AM

This is not F*cebook.

GreenBean 03-08-2012 01:39 AM

Like it works on Facebook . :behindsofa:

'Blocking' a bidder still lets them 'see' you.

Not using ebay to sell would stop someone seeing your items ;)

unkown5454 03-08-2012 01:43 AM

GB...it works on FB though. But, I meant for profiles. Not the lamesauce FB "marketplace"!

tsong475 03-08-2012 01:48 AM

Wont work, even if it did, they can just log out and view it as guest.

KingRay 03-08-2012 01:53 AM

They can see everything. The ONLY thing they cannot do is bid and email you. I am blocked from one seller on an account just because I asked a question he didnt like. I saw something later that I wanted and couldnt even email him. Had to create another account just to email him before I eventually bought it.

I have one person that chewed me out a year ago on an account for the price I had on something. Said he would love to speak to anyone that would pay my price as they were being lied to. Told him my price was less than half of retail and he just got more insane on the next email.

Anyway, I blocked him and 3 weeks ago I get an email from him (not sure how since I couldnt when I was blocked) wanting to know why when he clicks "bid" it says buyer is not accepting your bids at this time or somethign like that. dont remember exactly what he said but you have to be careful when that happens.

What will happen is he will still be pissed off and go create a new account and buy it anyway. I had to act like it must have been a mistake or something and played it off like that. It was a year or so ago so he probably forgot that email he sent me.

I only found it when trying to figure out why he couldnt bid/

Sneakee 03-08-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 318851)

What will happen is he will still be pissed off and go create a new account and buy it anyway. I had to act like it must have been a mistake or something and played it off like that. It was a year or so ago so he probably forgot that email he sent me.

I only found it when trying to figure out why he couldnt bid/

There is a setting on one of your Ebay option pages about whether or not you allow blocked buyers email you. I have many blocked buyers (I read lists) and I believe my setting is always on allowing messages from them. Might as well. Just in case they actually have something to say :-)

So if you don't want to receive messages from blocked buyers change your setting.

In any case, I know that buyers can just create a new id to bid on your item but I really think that takes some dedication. It's very worth whiled to block some of the crazies out there.

Anyways, just curious Bingo, why do you want to block what you are selling? What does it matter if the guy who don't want to do business with sees it?

rsot 03-08-2012 10:00 AM

KingRay is right on this one.

Thankful 03-08-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 318840)
This is not F*cebook.

LOOOOOL :violin:

Bingo 03-08-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneakee (Post 318951)
Anyways, just curious Bingo, why do you want to block what you are selling? What does it matter if the guy who don't want to do business with sees it?

Well, some of my friends know my ID and always copy my images/price/listings/items, etc. I'm just a new seller, my account is not yet strong and there are thousands of sellers out there but they don't copy, just follow my listings and lower their prices than mine.
If other competitors do that, that's the way it is and understandable. But since they're my friends, I can't accept that.

Sneakee 03-08-2012 06:36 PM

That sounds annoying to say the least. I once had someone steal my listing. They stole the description. They even had the description on the wrong item! Of course I complained but I Ebay never told me if they did anything.

If someone steals your photo can't you complain to Ebay? I would if someone took my photos. I don't know if Ebay actually listens though.

GreenBean 03-08-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bingo (Post 319169)
Well, some of my friends know my ID and always copy my images/price/listings/items, etc. I'm just a new seller, my account is not yet strong and there are thousands of sellers out there but they don't copy, just follow my listings and lower their prices than mine.
If other competitors do that, that's the way it is and understandable. But since they're my friends, I can't accept that.

What sort of friend does that?

There are no friends in busiess.

Bingo 03-08-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 319227)

There are no friends in busiess.

I totally agree.

smithg57 03-09-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

If someone steals your photo can't you complain to Ebay? I would if someone took my photos. I don't know if Ebay actually listens though.
You can always report the item that has stolen your photo. Usually, ebay will remove competitor listing that uses the stolen photo. When you report a listing, I believe, ebay asks for your listing number that photo was stolen from. Give one as far back as you can go to clearly convince ebay that "friend" indeed stole photo.

Bingo 03-09-2012 02:14 PM

I used to steal other sellers' photos before, but now I really understand the feeling of being stolen, thus I will never ever steal again.

pod 03-09-2012 08:57 PM

Sigh. If you and your friends are kicking each other in the nuts just how long do you expect to be at this and make money? If you guys treat this like a game you will run out of quarters sooner or later

And yes, I know using quarters in a game dates me....

Bingo 03-09-2012 09:33 PM

I just mentioned this issue to them and one of them already removes her copy, I'm still waiting for one more person to remove hers.
I think now they know what I feel and will not do that again, if not, I will report to Ebay and take further actions.
Also, I am searching around about changing Ebay user ID, but it seems not work for hiding because there is 30 days gap between the time I start changing ID and the time the new ID becomes effective.
Did any of you do this before? Please give me some advice.

Sandy D 03-09-2012 10:17 PM

I only wish I could block some nasty buyers from seeing what I am doing.

I have a few I blocked and of course they are sending nice little messages that you cannot keep me from buying from you.

Only to be stupid enough to create a new account for buying and use the same address.

Had to send the info in detail, his email, address etc onto ebay and his bid was cancelled.

Harassment is something I wont stand for so I wish I could keep idiots from looking but we cannot.

Sneakee 03-10-2012 05:28 AM

Sandy - How are you getting the buyer's info before the item is actually sold to them?

Bingo - That is just the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. I can't imagine doing that to anyone. No offense but it sounds like your friends are 15 and in high school. Unless you are really passive and sort of gave them permission to use your stuff even though you didn't really mean it.

In any case, before you start reporting make sure they actually know that you never gave them permission to use your listings.

Bingo 03-10-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneakee (Post 319725)
Unless you are really passive and sort of gave them permission to use your stuff even though you didn't really mean it.

In any case, before you start reporting make sure they actually know that you never gave them permission to use your listings.

I never allow them to use my listings.
I don't give them my ID but they know my personal information so they search around and found it.

pod 03-10-2012 11:24 AM

Build up some stealth accounts and keep the info to yourself. You have some messed up friends. You guys are aware that there are more then one thing to sell on eBay right? Selling the same thing and going after each other is the single stupidest thing I have seen on here.

Your friends need a smack!